Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:03 pm

So you're saying there's a chance...

I went DR 12/14, but I'm away on vacation. I didn't get an email, but apparently some people were accepted via snail mail only?

I'm definitely not getting my hopes up, but not getting an email is not an auto-deferral/rejection, correct?

-HL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdNe8u- ... re=related

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:So you're saying there's a chance...

I went DR 12/14, but I'm away on vacation. I didn't get an email, but apparently some people were accepted via snail mail only?

I'm definitely not getting my hopes up, but not getting an email is not an auto-deferral/rejection, correct?
Correct. I was DR 12/14 and I never got an email. I got my acceptance letter, which included a note about being under consideration for the Dean's scholarship, in the mail yesterday. I wouldn't read anything into the fact that you don't have an email.

cavaliers23

New

Post by cavaliers23 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:31 pm

any others EAC 11/05 out there? i can't tell if it's a good/bad thing or meaningless that I'm still not DR ...

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Are they still sending out emails? I have DR as of today, but no email. Rejection?
Good luck. I think the emails were mostly in giant waves, so I would not worry about the email. Don't worry about it over the weekend, just relax then call first thing monday. I hope that it is the answer you want (and by that I of course mean accepted with scholarship consideration).

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:55 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are they still sending out emails? I have DR as of today, but no email. Rejection?
Good luck. I think the emails were mostly in giant waves, so I would not worry about the email. Don't worry about it over the weekend, just relax then call first thing monday. I hope that it is the answer you want (and by that I of course mean accepted with scholarship consideration).
If their mass mailer server application is as shittily implemented as the one I implement at my job I may still get that email. I'm not too worried, I never really figured I had a shot at Cornell so I'm expecting the worst.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Good luck. If you're out, then I'm definitely screwed.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:07 pm

NayBoer wrote:
Not necessarily. I rushed my Cornell app. I didn't have two academic letters of rec, and my why Cornell question on the app was pretty much, "I like Ithaca, your school rocks."

jocelyne

Bronze

Post by jocelyne » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Last edited by jocelyne on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 pm

jocelyne wrote:anyone know why they are doing some email and some mail (initial notification)? Is it based on the type (read: quality) of applicant you are?
I think the email thing is something new they are trying.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
NayBoer wrote:
Not necessarily. I rushed my Cornell app. I didn't have two academic letters of rec, and my why Cornell question on the app was pretty much, "I like Ithaca, your school rocks."
I also didn't have 2 academic LORs. But my last UG class was five years ago, so I think work-based LORs are better for adcom purposes anyway. And I wrote a separate Why Cornell, but from the reactions in this thread that ranges somewhere between 'entirely not helpful' to 'deeply antagonistic towards adcoms.'

About the only way my position is stronger than yours is that, with 2 weaker numbers, I'm less likely to jump Cornell's ship with a better offer. But somehow I don't think anybody under 3.0 gets much hassle from YP.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:27 pm

jocelyne wrote:anyone know why they are doing some email and some mail (initial notification)? Is it based on the type (read: quality) of applicant you are?
Maybe it's random based on office preference, maybe they are changing policies mid-stream, and maybe it's part of a nefarious plot to confound our neurotic and obsessive attempts to crack the code.

wackjickham

Bronze

Post by wackjickham » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:27 pm

For those still waiting, feel free to jump on board my theory which is that they won't be cold-hearted enough to send out rejections the week before Christmas.

Also, feel free to ignore this post if it turns out I'm wrong.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:34 pm

wackjickham wrote:For those still waiting, feel free to jump on board my theory which is that they won't be cold-hearted enough to send out rejections the week before Christmas.

They also said that everyone will be DR by Xmas. The only way to do both those things is to accept or defer everyone from this point on.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hv1

Bronze

Post by hv1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:51 pm

wackjickham wrote:For those still waiting, feel free to jump on board my theory which is that they won't be cold-hearted enough to send out rejections the week before Christmas.

looks like last option is to call in to find out.

(based on last week's monday decisions appearing EARLY AM Thursday)

hv1

Bronze

Post by hv1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:52 pm

NayBoer wrote:

They also said that everyone will be DR by Xmas. The only way to do both those things is to accept or defer everyone from this point on.
How is that the only way?

wackjickham

Bronze

Post by wackjickham » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:54 pm

If I go DR on 12/23 or 12/24 and don't get an e-mail I'm not calling... It may be an acceptance but there's not reason to risk ruining Christmas.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:55 pm

wackjickham wrote:If I go DR on 12/23 or 12/24 and don't get an e-mail I'm not calling... It may be an acceptance but there's not reason to risk ruining Christmas.

McNulty would call, and then just show up at Christmas drunk.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hv1

Bronze

Post by hv1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:00 pm

wackjickham wrote:If I go DR on 12/23 or 12/24 and don't get an e-mail I'm not calling... It may be an acceptance but there's not reason to risk ruining Christmas.
That's why it could be MUCH longer to hear about it (possibly even into early January for EA). Their office will most likely be closed for a few days for the holidays.

hv1

Bronze

Post by hv1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Are you calling Monday?

daniel5215

Bronze

Post by daniel5215 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:02 pm

hv1 wrote:
That's why it could be MUCH longer to hear about it (possibly even into early January for EA). Their office will most likely be closed for a few days for the holidays.
well I think that is why they started emailing decisions. to make sure everyone gets it before X'mas.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:06 pm

hv1 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Are you calling Monday?
Yea the curiosity is getting to me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hv1

Bronze

Post by hv1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:13 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
hv1 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Are you calling Monday?
Yea the curiosity is getting to me.
GL, you got this.

If not, just remember Kobe, D-Wade, or Lebron would be hittin the LSAT books again

wackjickham

Bronze

Post by wackjickham » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:16 pm

hv1 wrote: GL, you got this.

If not, just remember Kobe, D-Wade, or Lebron would be hittin the LSAT books again
I did not go to business school. You know who else didn't go to business school? LeBron James, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant. They went right from high school to the NBA so... So, it's not the same thing at all.

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:59 am

So do the status checkers update on weekends?

daniel5215

Bronze

Post by daniel5215 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:02 am

beesknees wrote:So do the status checkers update on weekends?
yes. at least it happened last weekend.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”