Yale 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GeePee

Silver

Re: Yale 2010

Post by GeePee » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:56 pm

I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrow's acceptances despite being [strike]fairly certain[/strike] positive that I will not be included.

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:59 pm

GeePee wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrow's acceptances despite being [strike]fairly certain[/strike] positive that I will not be included.
+ a bunch

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 pm

owhlcn wrote:
GeePee wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrow's acceptances despite being [strike]fairly certain[/strike] positive that I will not be included.
+ a bunch
+180. Which is obviously the highest number in existence.

Pankun

New

Post by Pankun » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:30 pm

managamy wrote:+180. Which is obviously the highest number in existence.
hahahaha nice. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Celibidache

New

Post by Celibidache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Tomorrow wrote: Just got the call! I'm IN! I'm IN! I'm IN! I'm IN!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!
Dear God, give it the death it deserves.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Celibidache wrote:

Sorry, I don't quite understand your humor.

Celibidache

New

Post by Celibidache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:54 pm

managamy wrote:
Celibidache wrote:

Sorry, I don't quite understand your humor.
Correct! The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Celibidache wrote: Correct! The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.
And the most money ever paid for a license plate at auction is $14.3 million, and you can't eat or milk a license plate.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Kakarot wrote:
Celibidache wrote: Correct! The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.
And the most money ever paid for a license plate at auction is $14.3 million, and you can't eat or milk a license plate.
Whose plate was it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Celibidache

New

Post by Celibidache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:02 pm

Kakarot wrote:
but it'll sure as hell make you look snazzy while you drive to claim your million-dollar cow.

Celibidache

New

Post by Celibidache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
Whose plate was it?
http://most-expensive.net/license-plate

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
Whose plate was it?
This makes it even worse.. It was the number "1" plate in Abu Dhabi a few years back.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Celibidache wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
Whose plate was it?
http://most-expensive.net/license-plate
So basically this license plate was expensive because people in Dubai don't understand the value of money and are as a result now swimming in debt?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Celibidache

New

Post by Celibidache » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:11 pm

crackberry wrote: So basically this license plate was expensive because people in Dubai don't understand the value of money and are as a result now swimming in debt?
Nonsense! The man clearly understands the value of money:

"The owner of the current most expensive license plate . . . reportedly said of the purchase, 'I bought it because it’s the best number. I bought it because I want to be the best in the world.'"

It pays to be the best.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Celibidache wrote:
crackberry wrote: So basically this license plate was expensive because people in Dubai don't understand the value of money and are as a result now swimming in debt?
Nonsense! The man clearly understands the value of money:

"The owner of the current most expensive license plate . . . reportedly said of the purchase, 'I bought it because it’s the best number. I bought it because I want to be the best in the world.'"

It pays to be the best.
Well said.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:44 am

Finally got around to finishing my app today and sending it in. I put it off for a long time because I know I won't get in, but I decided I had to satisfy my own curiosity -- this is my one and only chance to apply to Yale.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

dueprocess14

Bronze

Post by dueprocess14 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 am

For what it's worth, a friend of mine got admitted middle of this week, so I'm not sure if they're perfectly following their twitter plan. Either way though, good luck tomorrow! :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mhopeful

New

Post by mhopeful » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Any news yet today?

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:25 pm

mhopeful wrote:Any news yet today?
no. sigh.

though, last week they made a number of calls right at the end of the day, so maybe there'll be some movement in a few hours...

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Anyone read Dean Asha's reply to people asking about putting down criminal things? Honest and to the point.... Glad I mentioned my traffic violations. I didn't know the bar would go ask the admission dean if they would have admitted you had they known and then the bar takes that into consideration.

http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissions/default.aspx
"First post"

zamd006

New

Post by zamd006 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Kakarot wrote:Anyone read Dean Asha's reply to people asking about putting down criminal things? Honest and to the point.... Glad I mentioned my traffic violations. I didn't know the bar would go ask the admission dean if they would have admitted you had they known and then the bar takes that into consideration.

"First post"
I still haven't gotten a definitive answer on this: Should speeding tickets be mentioned?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Kakarot wrote:Anyone read Dean Asha's reply to people asking about putting down criminal things? Honest and to the point.... Glad I mentioned my traffic violations. I didn't know the bar would go ask the admission dean if they would have admitted you had they known and then the bar takes that into consideration.

"First post"
The fact that the bar cares about minor traffic violations is so outrageous. DUIs, okay, sure those are bad. But come on. Everyone speeds but only some people get caught.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:41 pm

zamd006 wrote:

"First post"
I still haven't gotten a definitive answer on this: Should speeding tickets be mentioned?
Are they classified as a misdemeanor in your state (Virginia, among others)? If yes, then yes they probably should be. If not, they qualify as "minor" I think.

zamd006

New

Post by zamd006 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:57 pm

crackberry wrote:
zamd006 wrote:

"First post"
Are they classified as a misdemeanor in your state (Virginia, among others)? If yes, then yes they probably should be. If not, they qualify as "minor" I think.
Just contacted the district court in my state. Apparently reckless driving (20 mph over the speed limit) is a misdemeanor here, but less than that its just an infraction.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:00 pm

zamd006 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
zamd006 wrote:

"First post"
Just contacted the district court in my state. Apparently reckless driving (20 mph over the speed limit) is a misdemeanor here, but less than that its just an infraction.
You in VA?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”