Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Gold

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote: Oh come on, Boalt is a TTT, you know that.

Fuck Cal.
Did you catch this crack? [1] In 2009, Berkeley Law tied for the third highest number of graduates placed in law teaching positions, trailing only Yale and Harvard. See --LinkRemoved-- (Note that Harvard and Michigan have much larger class sizes, so Berkeley Law's placement numbers are even better on a per-capita basis. Berkeley Law's placement numbers on these rankings also do not include graduates of our J.S.P. program who received their J.D. degrees from another law school.)
I did get that email, yes. I scoffed at it and printed it out to A) spite the hippies in Berkeley by wasting paper and B) summarily tear it up and light it on fire.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:45 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Fuck Cal.
Did you catch this crack? [1] In 2009, Berkeley Law tied for the third highest number of graduates placed in law teaching positions, trailing only Yale and Harvard. See --LinkRemoved-- (Note that Harvard and Michigan have much larger class sizes, so Berkeley Law's placement numbers are even better on a per-capita basis. Berkeley Law's placement numbers on these rankings also do not include graduates of our J.S.P. program who received their J.D. degrees from another law school.)
I did get that email, yes. I scoffed at it and printed it out to A) spite the hippies in Berkeley by wasting paper and B) summarily tear it up and light it on fire.
Touche.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Mr. Kronk - you have really ratcheted up the posting recently. What gives?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:11 pm

crackberry wrote:Mr. Kronk - you have really ratcheted up the posting recently. What gives?
Bored. Graduated. Today at home sick.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:14 pm

complete beginning of November, still nothing. does anyone know whether they will send another big wave of rejections to November completes soon????

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:16 pm

SanBun wrote:complete beginning of November, still nothing. does anyone know whether they will send another big wave of rejections to November completes soon????
I'm sure they will, as I have yet to get one.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:26 pm

SanBun wrote:complete beginning of November, still nothing. does anyone know whether they will send another big wave of rejections to November completes soon????
Does Stanford do anything in big waves? It seems like they accept 2/3 people a week and reject others here and there.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 am

Hope today's the day.

dudester

Bronze

Post by dudester » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 am

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Fuck Cal.
Are you the new old managamy?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 am

really wish stanford would make a move on my app so i could be done with my cycle. grr!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:11 pm

dudester wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Fuck Cal.
Are you the new old managamy?
Yes, that was my intent.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 pm

Hope today's the day.
me too!!!

mochafury

Bronze

Post by mochafury » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Really. Nothing today? Come on S, play nice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:09 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Fuck Cal.
Brilliant. Why didn't I think of this idea? Oh wait, I'm a good guy now. Right. How revoltingly arrogant of you, crack. :P

CordeliusX

Bronze

Post by CordeliusX » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:20 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Fuck Cal.

Are these results "unexpected" to people? This surprises me. Is SLS weakening or something? I don't know enough about law or the history of this survey, but it doesn't reflect too well...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:24 pm

CordeliusX wrote:Are these results "unexpected" to people? This surprises me. Is SLS weakening or something? I don't know enough about law or the history of this survey, but it doesn't reflect too well...
I dunno what the results have been like in the past so I can't say if Stanford is "weakening," but when adjusted for class size, Stanford has more profs than Harvard and proportionately more than any other school except for Yale.

Harvard class size: 550
Stanford class size: 175

Harvard profs: 26
Stanford profs: 10

Harvard: 1 prof for every 21.1 students/class
Stanford: 1 prof for every 17.5 students/class

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:30 pm

CordeliusX wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Fuck Cal.

Are these results "unexpected" to people? This surprises me. Is SLS weakening or something? I don't know enough about law or the history of this survey, but it doesn't reflect too well...
In Dean Kramer's email to admits, he cites a 66% success rate in placing prospective grads into tenure-track teaching positions over the past several years, a number he said was the best of any law school over that period (including YLS).

It could also be that fewer SLS grads are seeking teaching positions, but are more successful. I think placement rate is a far better metric than raw percentage of class.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:21 am

I'm just waiting for my rejection....

will it be an email or snail mail?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:31 am

Illijah wrote:I'm just waiting for my rejection....

will it be an email or snail mail?
Snail mail. But keep your phone waiting, too, and have hope!

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 am

^
especially since it's tuesday!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:41 am

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 am

Are they really still calling people who applied late november/early december....don't pump me up if theres no hope....i applied 12/1 complete later december

mochafury

Bronze

Post by mochafury » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Illijah wrote:Are they really still calling people who applied late november/early december....don't pump me up if theres no hope....i applied 12/1 complete later december
+1 to this question, as I am in the same boat. I was under the impression that I had been placed in an "eh" pile whereby they try to get hotter applicants and then, if they get turned down, come back to the old trusty backup. True or False: the "eh" pile exists at Stanford?

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:29 pm

mochafury wrote:
Illijah wrote:Are they really still calling people who applied late november/early december....don't pump me up if theres no hope....i applied 12/1 complete later december
+1 to this question, as I am in the same boat. I was under the impression that I had been placed in an "eh" pile whereby they try to get hotter applicants and then, if they get turned down, come back to the old trusty backup. True or False: the "eh" pile exists at Stanford?
yeah i wonder this too. i went complete around end of oct/early nov so wtf is taking so long?

pleasepickme

Bronze

Post by pleasepickme » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:12 pm

tintin wrote:
mochafury wrote:
yeah i wonder this too. i went complete around end of oct/early nov so wtf is taking so long?

+1. Complete in November.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”