Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Gold

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Dignan wrote:Last year, Stanford released a large batch of decisions--well, large by Stanford standards--on January 16, which was a Friday.
And this year, the first decisions rolled out on 12/11, which was a Friday. Harvard seems to like Mondays; maybe Stanford likes Fridays (I'm with Stanford on this one).

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 pm

crackberry wrote:
Dignan wrote:Last year, Stanford released a large batch of decisions--well, large by Stanford standards--on January 16, which was a Friday.
And this year, the first decisions rolled out on 12/11, which was a Friday. Harvard seems to like Mondays; maybe Stanford likes Fridays (I'm with Stanford on this one).
I am also with Stanford on this one. After a Friday decision, you have the entire weekend to drink heavily and celebrate/weep after the acceptance/rejection.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Dignan wrote:
crackberry wrote:
I am also with Stanford on this one. After a Friday decision, you have the entire weekend to drink heavily and celebrate/weep after the acceptance/rejection.
Which is exactly what I did. Went to Vegas in fact.

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:00 pm

I received a packet via snail mail from Stanford yesterday. It included an invitation to apply from Faye and a warm letter from the American Indian student association. I submitted earlier this month and my LSAT is low for Stanford, but it's nice to receive word from them.

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 pm

What's your lsat, Whiskey? You never know!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bunniii

New

Post by bunniii » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:45 am

Hi! I'm new to this site, obviously, anywho, congrats to admitted students :)
I sent my app in 11/06/09, and got a response that there was a discrepancy on my Form B. My dean is an idiot and wrote that I was not currently enrolled. They asked for a new Form B BUT I emailed them back, said there was a mistake, and that I AM enrolled... a few days later I got a "complete" email.
Do you think they still need the new Form B? I relaxed when I got the complete email, now I'm panicking. help :(

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:53 am

I wouldn't worry. A complete e-mail means they are satisfied with your application and will shortly begin to review your materials. But if you are the type of person who is going to lose sleep over this, then request a new Form B from your UG and secure some peace of mind. Good luck!

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:58 am

bunniii wrote:Hi! I'm new to this site, obviously, anywho, congrats to admitted students :)
I sent my app in 11/06/09, and got a response that there was a discrepancy on my Form B. My dean is an idiot and wrote that I was not currently enrolled. They asked for a new Form B BUT I emailed them back, said there was a mistake, and that I AM enrolled... a few days later I got a "complete" email.
Do you think they still need the new Form B? I relaxed when I got the complete email, now I'm panicking. help :(
I am reasonably sure that the complete email means that all of the necessary application materials, including Form B, are in Stanford's possession. If you are actually in a state of panic, you can call the admissions office tomorrow just to make sure.

BTW, I'm sorry that your dean made a mistake on your form. That really sucks. On a positive note, I have the sense that going complete now (as opposed to mid-November) is probably not going to have an effect on your chances. Good luck.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:37 am

Dignan wrote:BTW, I'm sorry that your dean made a mistake on your form. That really sucks. On a positive note, I have the sense that going complete now (as opposed to mid-November) is probably not going to have an effect on your chances. Good luck.
Hey Dignan, I've been meaning to ask you: What's your ranking among HYS as far as personal preference is concerned?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 am

crackberry wrote:
Dignan wrote:BTW, I'm sorry that your dean made a mistake on your form. That really sucks. On a positive note, I have the sense that going complete now (as opposed to mid-November) is probably not going to have an effect on your chances. Good luck.
Hey Dignan, I've been meaning to ask you: What's your ranking among HYS as far as personal preference is concerned?
I'd be thrilled with any of the three, but my preference is probably S>Y>H

Really, Stanford and Yale are all but tied for my first choice. In the unlikely event that I am accepted by both schools, I would have to do a lot of research and a lot of thinking before deciding.

Based on my academic preferences, Harvard is a clear third for me, behind the other two. However, I have a personal situation that might push me towards the East Coast, so it's conceivable that I would choose Harvard over Stanford despite my preference for Stanford's environment.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:02 am

Dignan wrote:I'd be thrilled with any of the three, but my preference is probably S>Y>H

Really, Stanford and Yale are all but tied for my first choice. In the unlikely event that I am accepted by both schools, I would have to do a lot of research and a lot of thinking before deciding.

Based on my academic preferences, Harvard is a clear third for me, behind the other two. However, I have a personal situation that might push me towards the East Coast, so it's conceivable that I would choose Harvard over Stanford despite my preference for Stanford's environment.
Wow, those are basically my exact thoughts. Cool, thanks for sharing.

rolark

New

Post by rolark » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:52 am

Hey, friends. Like many of you, I'm experiencing a bit of strife with my Form B. I just received an e-mail saying that they haven't received it, even though my dean told me it had been sent out in early December. Does anyone have information on how negatively a mid-January completion will affect my application? Also, for those who received the "incomplete" e-mail in the past, how should I expect the turn around to be after my Dean actually gets it out?

nattybro

Bronze

Post by nattybro » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:41 am

rolark wrote:Hey, friends. Like many of you, I'm experiencing a bit of strife with my Form B. I just received an e-mail saying that they haven't received it, even though my dean told me it had been sent out in early December. Does anyone have information on how negatively a mid-January completion will affect my application? Also, for those who received the "incomplete" e-mail in the past, how should I expect the turn around to be after my Dean actually gets it out?
Same boat. Not too pleased with my undergrad right now. Does anyone know if Form B can be faxed in, or does it need to be mailed?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kumba84

Bronze

Post by kumba84 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:49 am

nattybro wrote:
rolark wrote:Hey, friends. Like many of you, I'm experiencing a bit of strife with my Form B. I just received an e-mail saying that they haven't received it, even though my dean told me it had been sent out in early December. Does anyone have information on how negatively a mid-January completion will affect my application? Also, for those who received the "incomplete" e-mail in the past, how should I expect the turn around to be after my Dean actually gets it out?
Same boat. Not too pleased with my undergrad right now. Does anyone know if Form B can be faxed in, or does it need to be mailed?

It needs to be mailed. I called in November to ask whether it could be faxed, and they said that I could fax/email it to my UG, but the UG needs to mail it to them.

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

fidesverita wrote:What's your lsat, Whiskey? You never know!
Hey, missed your post earlier.

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

janer

New

Post by janer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:23 pm

booby87 wrote:Just got the call from Faye Deal!!!!!!!! INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

OMG OMG OMG :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wow. Big day for you. Congrats!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dbb44

New

Post by dbb44 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Congrats!!! Quite the day for you...

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Congrats, booby. What's the early word on H vs. Y vs. S, assuming you get all three?

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Congrats!! (love your post)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Laina

Bronze

Post by Laina » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 pm

IN AS OF AROUND TEN MINUTES AGO!!!! HOLY SHIT IM STILL SHAKING. OMG OMG

sfdreaming09

Bronze

Post by sfdreaming09 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:42 pm

I want to get in SOOO badly! Harvard is great (and, for a variety of reasons, I would almost certainly take it over Stanford if I wanted to live anywhere other than the West Coast), but I’ve never lived on the East Coast and I love California (and the Bay Area especially) wayyy too much to leave!

PLEASE call me Dean Deal!

Lermontov

Bronze

Post by Lermontov » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 pm

It's really silly of me even to be thinking about S, and I even debated whether or not I should post on this, but does she leave a voicemail if you don't pick up?

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Lermontov wrote:It's really silly of me even to be thinking about S, and I even debated whether or not I should post on this, but does she leave a voicemail if you don't pick up?
According to others who were accepted but missed the phone call, she sends a congratulatory email, shortly after trying to call you, if you don't answer the phone.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”