NYU 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hannah87

Silver

Re: NYU 2010

Post by hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:24 am

starsong wrote:
nax425 wrote:so at this point, NOBODY has gotten into admitted students site yet? WTH is going on?
We're in a lull period. My guess is that NYU is trying to figure out its yield, so they're waiting to give people time to respond to scholarship offers, etc. The final batch of acceptances has to come soon, though, for people to make the April ASW...
when is the april ASW? i want us to get accepted TODAY!

nax425

Bronze

Post by nax425 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 am

starsong wrote:
nax425 wrote:so at this point, NOBODY has gotten into admitted students site yet? WTH is going on?
We're in a lull period. My guess is that NYU is trying to figure out its yield, so they're waiting to give people time to respond to scholarship offers, etc. The final batch of acceptances has to come soon, though, for people to make the April ASW...

well supposedly they "just" made a decision on my app (in the course of 1 business day...after MONTHS of waiting...fishy), which would mean after 5 months consideration, they are going to just reject it. they could have gotten it over with a lot quicker? I have to wonder if they lied to me to simply get me off their back and that I'm NOT to expect anything too soon. Naturally if they tell people decisions are made, then people will stop asking for decisions. oh well...maybe i'd just like to think that after all this time, I'm at least a waitlist? but those supposedly don't come out until April, and that leaves admit/reject, and I can't get on the website after two days of trying... = REJECT. haha

starsong

Bronze

Post by starsong » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 am

hannah87 wrote:
starsong wrote:
when is the april ASW? i want us to get accepted TODAY!
+1. It's April 8-9 ,see http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadm ... /index.htm.

starsong

Bronze

Post by starsong » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 am

nax425 wrote:
starsong wrote:

well supposedly they "just" made a decision on my app (in the course of 1 business day...after MONTHS of waiting...fishy), which would mean after 5 months consideration, they are going to just reject it. they could have gotten it over with a lot quicker? I have to wonder if they lied to me to simply get me off their back and that I'm NOT to expect anything too soon. Naturally if they tell people decisions are made, then people will stop asking for decisions. oh well...maybe i'd just like to think that after all this time, I'm at least a waitlist? but those supposedly don't come out until April, and that leaves admit/reject, and I can't get on the website after two days of trying... = REJECT. haha
My guess is that they're not going to reject you, they would have done that already. There's no reason for them to lie, either, because you'll bother them even more now if you don't get the decision in the mail soon.

And I would give the web site at least until tomorrow afternoon...

nax425

Bronze

Post by nax425 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:47 am

starsong wrote:
nax425 wrote:
starsong wrote:

My guess is that they're not going to reject you, they would have done that already. There's no reason for them to lie, either, because you'll bother them even more now if you don't get the decision in the mail soon.

always the voice of reason. at least there is 1 of them on this board. i'm losing my sanity!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 am

nax425 wrote:
starsong wrote:

always the voice of reason. at least there is 1 of them on this board. i'm losing my sanity!!!!
oy. poor nax. i'm so glad i didn't end up calling them! i wouldn't be able to function right now if i knew my decision had been made.

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:56 am

hannah87 wrote:
nax425 wrote:
starsong wrote:

oy. poor nax. i'm so glad i didn't end up calling them! i wouldn't be able to function right now if i knew my decision had been made.
+1

though i guess living so close i'd know within 24 hours anyway?

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 am

gahthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
nax425 wrote:
starsong wrote:

+1

though i guess living so close i'd know within 24 hours anyway?
me tooo! i live in brooklyn. nice new 'tar, btw :lol:

Illijah

Bronze

Post by Illijah » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 am

Friend got in today

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 am

Illijah wrote:Friend got in today
how good of a friend are we talking about? can we assume their identity and go to NYU in the fall?

starsong

Bronze

Post by starsong » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 am

hannah87 wrote:
nax425 wrote:
starsong wrote:

+1. Hang in there, nax. For you, it's just a matter of days now...

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 am

hannah87 wrote:nice new 'tar, btw :lol:
gracias! i think it really expresses my true self.

starsong

Bronze

Post by starsong » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 am

Illijah wrote:Friend got in today
And it begins...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:05 am

gahthelaw wrote:
i sure hope we end up at nyu together. i am also an obese little boy inside.

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:05 am

hannah87 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
omgosh, ditto. we could eat our way through 1L / the village / NYC.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:07 am

gahthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
omgosh, ditto. we could eat our way through 1L / the village / NYC.
YES. did you see the site someone posted here yesterday? thisiswhyyourefat.com? i really can't believe i didn't know about it before.

ChaotiCait

Bronze

Post by ChaotiCait » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:08 am

On LSN, one acceptance yesterday, one rejection today-

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blhoward2
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/2star

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:11 am

starsong wrote:
nax425 wrote:
starsong wrote:

IDK, not to be an ass, but I could see them rejecting someone for being a constant pain. If Nax called way too much, which I am not sure is the case, then I could see them rejecting him. Why would they want someone that was nagging them in the application process at their school? They could assume that person would also be a pain in the ass once admitted. Again, not sure if this applies here. Wish you the best.

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:13 am

hannah87 wrote:
YES. did you see the site someone posted here yesterday? thisiswhyyourefat.com? i really can't believe i didn't know about it before.
um...there may or may not be things posted on that site that i have actually eaten.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 am

hannah87 wrote:YES. did you see the site someone posted here yesterday? thisiswhyyourefat.com? i really can't believe i didn't know about it before.
--ImageRemoved--
The Dr. Phil

One double-wrapped Chipotle burrito filled with rice, pinto beans, chicken, fresh tomato salsa, corn, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and guacamole, wrapped inside of a cheese pizza topped with more fresh tomato salsa, corn chips, curly fries, and jalapeno bites, garnished with two sticks of chocolate and almond pocky.
:lol:

nax425

Bronze

Post by nax425 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:23 am

CG614 wrote:
starsong wrote:
nax425 wrote:
starsong wrote:

IDK, not to be an ass, but I could see them rejecting someone for being a constant pain. If Nax called way too much, which I am not sure is the case, then I could see them rejecting him. Why would they want someone that was nagging them in the application process at their school? They could assume that person would also be a pain in the ass once admitted. Again, not sure if this applies here. Wish you the best.
I've called them twice since Jan 2010, but obviously you think I'm a pain in the ass. Sorry for annoying you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:25 am

gahthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
um...there may or may not be things posted on that site that i have actually eaten.
That site is great. I am glad someone posted it, I haven't checked it in a while. Someone actually made the taco from the fake SNL Taco Bell commercial.

--LinkRemoved--

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:26 am

nax425 wrote:
I've called them twice since Jan 2010, but obviously you think I'm a pain in the ass. Sorry for annoying you.
I never said that, I even stated that I didn't know if you were a pain in the ass in my post. Just stating that if someone were a pain, then I could see NYU rejecting them for it. Good luck, man!

Edited to fix too many ambiguous pronouns.
Last edited by CG614 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:29 am

CG614 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
That site is great. I am glad someone posted it, I haven't checked it in a while. Someone actually made the taco from the fake SNL Taco Bell commercial.

--LinkRemoved--
i like meta pizza on that page. i might do that tonight!

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:34 am

hannah87 wrote:
CG614 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
i like meta pizza on that page. i might do that tonight!
deep fried moon pie on a stick for dessert?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”