Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thatguy101

New

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by thatguy101 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Hey Team,

Sorry for the slow reply...I got my JR2 around 5pmEST today!! Then called everyone I know...and I few people I didn't know...lol=). Had my JR1 last Friday morning.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting!

I'm thinking about deferring a year to become a Christian missionary to Africa, so I'll look forward to meeting you guys in 2011!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:02 am

ChildPlease wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
ChildPlease wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:Got a full JR2 voicemail at 3 PM today while driving home for the holidays. Whattaday...

Definitely feel for everyone still working their way through the Harvard system. If I can offer any solace, it's to people who are worried that they'll get dinged for some error in the app. I completely ignored Harvard's requirements section for PSs and was sick about it for weeks. My font size and margins were acceptable, but I forgot to single space and was scared to death that the review committee would think I was trying to circumvent the 2-page limit. Obviously, it was not a deal breaker for me, so if you just have a typo or missing word don't beat yourself up. Best of luck!
We were supposed to single space???????
:shock: I didn't see that requirement.
It definately was double space.
Yes, I'm almost positive that it was double-spaced.

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:03 am

ChildPlease wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
ChildPlease wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:Got a full JR2 voicemail at 3 PM today while driving home for the holidays. Whattaday...

Definitely feel for everyone still working their way through the Harvard system. If I can offer any solace, it's to people who are worried that they'll get dinged for some error in the app. I completely ignored Harvard's requirements section for PSs and was sick about it for weeks. My font size and margins were acceptable, but I forgot to single space and was scared to death that the review committee would think I was trying to circumvent the 2-page limit. Obviously, it was not a deal breaker for me, so if you just have a typo or missing word don't beat yourself up. Best of luck!

Correct - that was supposed to say "forgot to double space" - sorry for freaking you guys out even more :cry: :oops:

amidea

Bronze

Post by amidea » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 am

ChildPlease wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
ChildPlease wrote:
soullesswonder wrote: We were supposed to single space???????

Correct - that was supposed to say "forgot to double space" - sorry for freaking you guys out even more :cry: :oops:
I was definitely freaked out for a second... I had to frantically go to LSAC to check.

alleyoop86

New

Post by alleyoop86 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:11 am

got my JR2 after 5pm EST today! thought he was stopping at 5 so I totally freaked out when I saw the 617 number pop up :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:17 am

Definitely feel for everyone still working their way through the Harvard system. If I can offer any solace, it's to people who are worried that they'll get dinged for some error in the app. I completely ignored Harvard's requirements section for PSs and was sick about it for weeks. My font size and margins were acceptable, but I forgot to single space and was scared to death that the review committee would think I was trying to circumvent the 2-page limit. Obviously, it was not a deal breaker for me, so if you just have a typo or missing word don't beat yourself up. Best of luck![/quote]
We were supposed to single space???????[/quote]

:shock: I didn't see that requirement.[/quote]
It definately was double space.[/quote]

Correct - that was supposed to say "forgot to double space" - sorry for freaking you guys out even more :cry: :oops:[/quote]

It's OK since I got my JR2 today anyway. Just an academic point now.

And to think that I was worried about my PS not being adequately original to get their attention! :lol:

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:18 am

soullesswonder wrote:
ChildPlease wrote:
ChildPlease wrote:

Wait Soulless .... you got in with what was basically a 4 page long personal statement to Harvard?

Hahaha that is awesome, congrats my friend.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:29 am

I guess we all know now how much the PS matters when your numbers are strong enough. :D

ylc

New

Post by ylc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:38 am

managamy wrote:I guess we all know now how much the PS matters when your numbers are strong enough. :D
Well, for that matter, I am a splitter and there were two (known!) typos in mine. I doubt they read them closely enough to notice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

ylc wrote:
managamy wrote:I guess we all know now how much the PS matters when your numbers are strong enough. :D
Well, for that matter, I am a splitter and there were two (known!) typos in mine. I doubt they read them closely enough to notice.
I edited mine about 15 times to make sure that it was word-perfect. It looks as though I would have spent my time better sitting on the couch and watching the World Series. All's well that ends well, though! :P

zsqlywm

New

Post by zsqlywm » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:47 am

amidea wrote:
zsqlywm wrote:anyone up for a facebook group to meet your future classmates?

some admits from last year have already started this:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 7775687..1
Must you tease us non-admits with this? Sigh...
I'm sorry amidea, I didn't mean to....

good luck to your application! i'm almost certain more JR2s will roll out tomorrow and wednesday =)

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:52 am

SolarWind wrote:
Wait Soulless .... you got in with what was basically a 4 page long personal statement to Harvard?

Hahaha that is awesome, congrats my friend.
Heh, it actually looked about 1.5 pages single spaced, but if you went double spaced it came out to over 3. Part of that was due to my formatting (full lines between paragraphs instead of indents) and a slightly larger font. When I changed the formatting and put the font at minimum it barely squeaks in at 2 pages. Lucky me, b/c I liked my PS a lot and had no clue what to remove.

amidea

Bronze

Post by amidea » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:04 am

zsqlywm wrote:
amidea wrote:
zsqlywm wrote:anyone up for a facebook group to meet your future classmates?

some admits from last year have already started this:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 7775687..1
Must you tease us non-admits with this? Sigh...
I'm sorry amidea, I didn't mean to....

good luck to your application! i'm almost certain more JR2s will roll out tomorrow and wednesday =)
Haha it's quite alright, I would do the same thing if I were you. And I hope for other people's sakes that more JR2s come out, but I need a JR1 first...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

racklebelize

New

Post by racklebelize » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:02 am

JR2!!! 1:30 MST (I think I might be the only MST person on this entire thread). I feel for all of you guys that are still waiting it out--this morning was just awful. Like waiting for a cute guy to call (only 1000 times worse). Hm, I wonder what JR looks like...
soullesswonder wrote: Definitely feel for everyone still working their way through the Harvard system. If I can offer any solace, it's to people who are worried that they'll get dinged for some error in the app. I completely ignored Harvard's requirements section for PSs and was sick about it for weeks. My font size and margins were acceptable, but I forgot to single space and was scared to death that the review committee would think I was trying to circumvent the 2-page limit. Obviously, it was not a deal breaker for me, so if you just have a typo or missing word don't beat yourself up. Best of luck!
This. I made a stupid grammatical error in my PS and have been worrying about it ever since I sent it in (of course I spotted it 2 minutes after I sent in my app). I say this so future applicants can maybe sleep a little sounder than I have!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, and congrats to those who have heard!!
Last edited by racklebelize on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SplitterPride

New

Post by SplitterPride » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:05 am

Is Harvard accredited by the ABA? TTT2

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 am

Congrats everyone!

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:46 am

racklebelize wrote:JR2!!! 1:30 MST (I think I might be the only MST person on this entire thread). I feel for all of you guys that are still waiting it out--this morning was just awful. Like waiting for a cute guy to call (only 1000 times worse). Hm, I wonder what JR looks like...
soullesswonder wrote: Definitely feel for everyone still working their way through the Harvard system. If I can offer any solace, it's to people who are worried that they'll get dinged for some error in the app. I completely ignored Harvard's requirements section for PSs and was sick about it for weeks. My font size and margins were acceptable, but I forgot to single space and was scared to death that the review committee would think I was trying to circumvent the 2-page limit. Obviously, it was not a deal breaker for me, so if you just have a typo or missing word don't beat yourself up. Best of luck!
This. I made a stupid grammatical error in my PS and have been worrying about it ever since I sent it in (of course I spotted it 2 minutes after I sent in my app). I say this so future applicants can maybe sleep a little sounder than I have!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, and congrats to those who have heard!!

I wish I had read this earlier :( I found a typo in my app and sent them an email with the correct version today to update my file. Now it's SURE to draw attention. Wish I could take the email back....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:50 am

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
racklebelize wrote:JR2!!! 1:30 MST (I think I might be the only MST person on this entire thread). I feel for all of you guys that are still waiting it out--this morning was just awful. Like waiting for a cute guy to call (only 1000 times worse). Hm, I wonder what JR looks like...

I wish I had read this earlier :( I found a typo in my app and sent them an email with the correct version today to update my file. Now it's SURE to draw attention. Wish I could take the email back....
Either way, I think you'll be alright...I really do think that they understand how crazy the process is, although they take pains not to show it. I anonymously called the admissions office to ask how serious a PS formatting issue was, and they gave me a very cold shoulder.

Side Note: I was told that any updates to the file had to be submitted by snail mail. Did you hear something different?

HITeacher2

New

Post by HITeacher2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:08 am

Wow... reading this thread totally brings me back to when I got my TS2 two days before Thanksgiving in '07... best moment of my life. I was in the middle of a lecture hall, saw the number on my cell phone and bolted out of the back door in a way that made the professor stop lecturing. I came back like 5 mins later totally blown away and the prof railed me, but I was on way too much of a high to care =)

Congrats to everybody that got in today, and to the rest of you, keep holding out hope!!! One of my best friends didn't get into HLS until pretty much the summer (he was all geared up to go to Penn, but when Toby called his plans shifted instantly). The first round tends to be people that are comfortably within the HLS LSAT and GPA ranges, but everybody who got interviewed got interviewed for a reason. Nobody's gonna ask if you got in in November or July, you still got into Harvard Law School and knowing that will never get old ^_^

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:22 am

soullesswonder wrote:Either way, I think you'll be alright...I really do think that they understand how crazy the process is, although they take pains not to show it. I anonymously called the admissions office to ask how serious a PS formatting issue was, and they gave me a very cold shoulder.

Side Note: I was told that any updates to the file had to be submitted by snail mail. Did you hear something different?
I haven't heard back from Harvard yet (sent the email today at 6PM EST) but I had also sent the same statement to UCLA and they told me the one on file can't be replace but the corrected version can be added. I told them to go ahead with it. Don't know if it helps or hurts. If Harvard tells me to send the update in snail mail I will just let the typo stand. It isn't looking good for me at this point. Not at all :(

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:30 am

Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

clownshoe

New

Post by clownshoe » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:31 am

alleyoop86 wrote:got my JR2 after 5pm EST today! thought he was stopping at 5 so I totally freaked out when I saw the 617 number pop up :D
Congrats :wink:

barca

New

Post by barca » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:48 am

Congrats on your JR2s guys!

I got my JR1 email today, for December 1st (day after I get back to U.S. from thanksgiving break)...so damn nervous!! haha

joshikousei

Bronze

Post by joshikousei » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:29 am

congrats, people. :D

good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:37 am

HITeacher2 wrote:Wow... reading this thread totally brings me back to when I got my TS2 two days before Thanksgiving in '07... best moment of my life. I was in the middle of a lecture hall, saw the number on my cell phone and bolted out of the back door in a way that made the professor stop lecturing. I came back like 5 mins later totally blown away and the prof railed me, but I was on way too much of a high to care =)

Congrats to everybody that got in today, and to the rest of you, keep holding out hope!!! One of my best friends didn't get into HLS until pretty much the summer (he was all geared up to go to Penn, but when Toby called his plans shifted instantly). The first round tends to be people that are comfortably within the HLS LSAT and GPA ranges, but everybody who got interviewed got interviewed for a reason. Nobody's gonna ask if you got in in November or July, you still got into Harvard Law School and knowing that will never get old ^_^
Thanks HITeacher2, that's good to know. It's hard to wait another few months, but we shouldn't give up hope yet!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”