Harvard 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
creatinganalt

Bronze

Re: Harvard 2010!

Post by creatinganalt » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:29 pm

MeredithGrey wrote:The last outright acceptance on LSN was 4/6/10. I highly doubt that they have space for any outright acceptances left. I only counted a couple of outright acceptances handed out in April according to LSN
I got in on the 13th so it's definitely later than that.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:00 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:
MeredithGrey wrote:The last outright acceptance on LSN was 4/6/10. I highly doubt that they have space for any outright acceptances left. I only counted a couple of outright acceptances handed out in April according to LSN

Yeah, those of us who haven't heard yet are probably somewhere in between a WL and a ding, depending on the mood of the AdComm at any particular moment.
Beer and cookies are on the way for when they look at my file then.

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:

Yeah, those of us who haven't heard yet are probably somewhere in between a WL and a ding, depending on the mood of the AdComm at any particular moment.
beer & cookies probably won't taste good together, though. you might want to stick with a combination of milk & cookies, or beer & some type of fried bar appetizer.

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

blue5385 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:

beer & cookies probably won't taste good together, though. you might want to stick with a combination of milk & cookies, or beer & some type of fried bar appetizer.
If you're going to be sneaking in to the admissions office you might as well just make it beer and rohypnol and then just admit yourself.

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

blue5385 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:

Should probably go with wine and cheese. This is Hahvahd we're talking about, here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm

blue5385 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:

You assume that the beer and cookies are for the same people, but in fact they are for people's differing tastes. Not everyone likes cookies and not everyone like beer, but everyone likes either beer or cookies :D .

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Jericwithers wrote:You assume that the beer and cookies are for the same people, but in fact they are for people's differing tastes. Not everyone likes cookies and not everyone like beer, but everyone likes either beer or cookies :D .
but what if the people eating the cookies get thirsty? and the people drinking the beer will definitely get hungry if they drink enough. the wine/cheese suggestion above isn't bad either, but roofies might be detrimental to your candidacy in the end... :wink:

someones alt

Bronze

Post by someones alt » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I stuffed three handfuls of glitter and a headshot into my LOCI

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:30 pm

someones alt wrote:I stuffed three handfuls of glitter and a headshot into my LOCI
oh damn you stole my idea.
maybe I'll have to go with my alternative; jumping out of a cake in judge's robes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:32 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:
someones alt wrote:I stuffed three handfuls of glitter and a headshot into my LOCI
oh damn you stole my idea.
maybe I'll have to go with my alternative; jumping out of a cake in judge's robes.
you could always go with the tried-and-true method of sending them a video including shots of yourself in a bikini (although this may only work for people with a 4.0/179 to start with)

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:37 pm

you know, in that book " How To Get Into Law School" Susan Estrich (sp?) writes about how you must never, ever, ever send video of yourself or anything similar. It almost sounded like there may have been kind of a rash of that after legally blonde. Which is hilarious to think about.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 pm

blue5385 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:You assume that the beer and cookies are for the same people, but in fact they are for people's differing tastes. Not everyone likes cookies and not everyone like beer, but everyone likes either beer or cookies :D .
but what if the people eating the cookies get thirsty? and the people drinking the beer will definitely get hungry if they drink enough. the wine/cheese suggestion above isn't bad either, but roofies might be detrimental to your candidacy in the end... :wink:
I guess you're right. If you give an adcom a cookie.....

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:44 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:you know, in that book " How To Get Into Law School" Susan Estrich (sp?) writes about how you must never, ever, ever send video of yourself or anything similar. It almost sounded like there may have been kind of a rash of that after legally blonde. Which is hilarious to think about.
best way to get a HLS adcomm to take you seriously = taking a video of yourself floating in daddy's pool in a sparkly pink bikini

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Just Send Beer, Cookies, Milk, Pretzels, Wine, Cheese, and Some sort of soft drink, that should cover a pretty wide variety of tastes, those who are lactose intolerant, and non alcohol drinkers.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:00 pm

weee wrote:Just Send Beer, Cookies, Milk, Pretzels, Wine, Cheese, and Some sort of soft drink, that should cover a pretty wide variety of tastes, those who are lactose intolerant, and non alcohol drinkers.
Would it be in bad taste if I just send cash so they can go out and purchase all this on their own?

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
weee wrote:Just Send Beer, Cookies, Milk, Pretzels, Wine, Cheese, and Some sort of soft drink, that should cover a pretty wide variety of tastes, those who are lactose intolerant, and non alcohol drinkers.
Would it be in bad taste if I just send cash so they can go out and purchase all this on their own?
Maybe a gift card to this place, it seems pretty classy, and right down the street

http://www.cardullos.com/

Thanks in advance from those of us hoping for WL over reject due to good mooded adcomms

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Pee N wrote:
adameus wrote:
lt0826 wrote:still no hold and no word at all. if P North is correct I won't hear anything until summer. I am one of those non-trads with strong WE in unusual field/diversity/obstacles overcome kind of candidate. Every day without a ding is a good thing as far as I am concerned.
dude, almost nothing P North says is correct. Don't worry about it.
If you can categorically point out just one thing that I have said (to date) that was even remotely incorrect, then I will concede. Just one.

Every time I post something, people are quick to call me a troll/flame without so much as to doing any due diligence of their own. Yet, only if I could count as to how many times people have come on here to say: "P North was right!"

I get my information from the horse's mouth: ie. by calling up the HLS admissions office. And I encourage others to do likewise. People here seem to rely way too much on hearsay, conjecture and the inane garbage that's posted on joke sites like LSN. Funny how people think LSN consensus is the ultimate authority, data/figures that's anything but credible or valid.

I just wish people here wouldn't mislead the non-trads like me who're still in the loop. I also hope genuine gunners still in the running wouldn't get dissuaded by the drivel they read on TLS.
clintonius wrote:Indeed. He's mostly just a huge dick.
LOL! Well-played, sir. :P
Well since you had almost all of what you wrote deleted, its pretty hard to quote anything, but I specifically remember you saying in the Yale thread about 2 weeks ago that Yale was done with waitlists and rejections and would primarily only be handing out Acceptances from here on out. Since then I think they handed out 1 acceptance on LSN and WL/rejected about 200 people.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Cmon Harvard, it's just you and Penn left now. Which of you wants to have the honor of being the only reach school to accept me?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:47 pm

I knew I shouldn't have poked the bear:

Rejected. It stings, completely rejected out of HYS. Stupid drop in my GPA did me in :? :? :?

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I knew I shouldn't have poked the bear:

Rejected. It stings, completely rejected out of HYS. Stupid drop in my GPA did me in :? :? :?
Sorry for the ding, mon frère. If it's any consolation, a.) at least your cycle is now a lot more simplified than many of us who dodged the ding only to find ourselves slowly digested to death in Sarlacc (i.e., the Waitlist), and b.) your comment about poking the bear made me laugh. With you, not at you, I promise. Not to mention, c.) your football team's been a lot better than mine the past 3 years so nothing to be bummed about!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:03 pm

swampthang wrote:

Sorry for the ding, mon frère. If it's any consolation, a.) at least your cycle is now a lot more simplified than many of us who dodged the ding only to find ourselves slowly digested to death in Sarlacc (i.e., the Waitlist), and b.) your comment about poking the bear made me laugh. With you, not at you, I promise. Not to mention, c.) your football team's been a lot better than mine the past 3 years so nothing to be bummed about!
Haha thanks, but the good thing about being in Sarlacc is you know that someone will make it out (Boba Fett). Good luck to all still waiting to hear and to those on the waitlist!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:05 pm

sorry to hear. :( at least you can keep all the beer and cookies for yourself now...

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Sorry about the ding, Jeri. It was obviously a super close call for them, or you wouldn't have lasted this long. Chalk up another loss for HLS. :wink:

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:10 pm

blue5385 wrote:

sorry to hear. :( at least you can keep all the beer and cookies for yourself now...
I had already sent them. Apparently beer and cookies is as bad of an idea as it sounds in retrospect, or bad enough to put them in the rejectin' mood.

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
swampthang wrote:

Haha thanks, but the good thing about being in Sarlacc is you know that someone will make it out (Boba Fett). Good luck to all still waiting to hear and to those on the waitlist!
I appreciate the sentiment, but didn't Boba not get out ever? If you've seen the second Robot Chicken Star Wars segment, they definitely play off that belief. Check Wiki to confirm/deny, got distracted by this instead: --LinkRemoved--

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”