In at Duke! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Celibidache

New

Re: In at Duke!

Post by Celibidache » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:28 am

jdcballer wrote:I am excited about the Duke in DC program too!
yay!

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:48 am

Duke, can you send my waitlist/rejection now rather than waiting until April? Thanks.

doubleentendres

New

Post by doubleentendres » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:43 am

virginiagirl55 wrote:
doubleentendres wrote:In tonight by email!
did you just get the email? ugh, if i find out they send out acceptance emails this late, i'll never get anything done aside from refreshing my inbox...
yeah i went complete 12/5 and was on PT. got the email at 7pm pacific time.

gmichaelbluth

Bronze

Post by gmichaelbluth » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:20 am

tintin wrote:I just got the on-campus interview / priority track email as well. bleh, i'm not flying to duke for an interview. i would be down for a phone interview, or an alumni one...but they've gotta be crazy if they think people can just afford to fly around the country for interviews!

guess I won't be getting into duke, but at this point i know i won't go there anyways, so whatever...
+1 I wouldn't go there over just about every other school I've gotten in, so I guess that means it's time to withdraw.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:27 am

LSATfromNC wrote:Duke, can you send my waitlist/rejection now rather than waiting until April? Thanks.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

washingtonian

New

Post by washingtonian » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:02 am

picking up a little bit from last night's postings... i also got the email about interviewing on campus or doing priority track..... it's nice they give us until jan. 8 to decide. i'm hoping i hear back from a few more schools by then to help me make a decision. it seems cruel that you could potentially spend money flying there to interview, and then getting rejected. does anyone know if they offered this last year to anyone, and what stats were for admittances/rejections, etc.?

fyi, i am 167, 3.8x non-urm. seems like there is definitely a trend for people getting this email - high gpa, and lsat 1 or 2 points below their median.

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:08 am

washingtonian wrote:picking up a little bit from last night's postings... i also got the email about interviewing on campus or doing priority track..... it's nice they give us until jan. 8 to decide. i'm hoping i hear back from a few more schools by then to help me make a decision. it seems cruel that you could potentially spend money flying there to interview, and then getting rejected. does anyone know if they offered this last year to anyone, and what stats were for admittances/rejections, etc.?

fyi, i am 167, 3.8x non-urm. seems like there is definitely a trend for people getting this email - high gpa, and lsat 1 or 2 points below their median.
Could you cut and paste the email here or PM me what they said (omitting name and identifiable details, of course)? I fit into this category.

I'm still perplexed as to why they would make this offer instead of arriving at a decision now...

washingtonian

New

Post by washingtonian » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:21 am

sent

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:37 am

washingtonian wrote:sent
Thanks, responded.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tilghmab

New

Post by tilghmab » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:58 pm

gmichaelbluth wrote:
tintin wrote:I just got the on-campus interview / priority track email as well. bleh, i'm not flying to duke for an interview. i would be down for a phone interview, or an alumni one...but they've gotta be crazy if they think people can just afford to fly around the country for interviews!

guess I won't be getting into duke, but at this point i know i won't go there anyways, so whatever...
+1 I wouldn't go there over just about every other school I've gotten in, so I guess that means it's time to withdraw.
+2. Looks like an effective batch of YP. Kudos, Duke.

Boro88

New

Post by Boro88 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:08 pm

astro1819 wrote:
washingtonian wrote:picking up a little bit from last night's postings... i also got the email about interviewing on campus or doing priority track..... it's nice they give us until jan. 8 to decide. i'm hoping i hear back from a few more schools by then to help me make a decision. it seems cruel that you could potentially spend money flying there to interview, and then getting rejected. does anyone know if they offered this last year to anyone, and what stats were for admittances/rejections, etc.?

Could you cut and paste the email here or PM me what they said (omitting name and identifiable details, of course)? I fit into this category.

I'm still perplexed as to why they would make this offer instead of arriving at a decision now...
Crap, I'm in the same pool of numbers. It would suck to fly out over there and get rejected. And January is a little too early for me to hear from all of my choices I think :(

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:50 pm

Boro88 wrote:
astro1819 wrote:

Crap, I'm in the same pool of numbers. It would suck to fly out over there and get rejected. And January is a little too early for me to hear from all of my choices I think :(
I'm a 3.81 (maybe soon to be .83 if that matters lolol) 166...I'd love the opportunity to be asked to interview over being dinged, but it is strange that they are assuming people can afford flights there, lodging, etc

washingtonian

New

Post by washingtonian » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:47 pm

that's why i was thinking it would be hard for them to reject you after you fly out there... unless you bomb the interview or something. but that is probably just my wishful thinking..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

virginiagirl55

New

Post by virginiagirl55 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:46 pm

any good news for anyone from Duke today? this is miserable.

knows11

New

Post by knows11 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:06 pm

I have some good news today. I got a call from Dean Hoye and was accepted ED and couldn't be happier!

169, 3.56, non-URM

Any other EDers hear today?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:08 pm

knows11 wrote:I have some good news today. I got a call from Dean Hoye and was accepted ED and couldn't be happier!

169, 3.56, non-URM

Understatement of the week, considering that you're ED.

In other news, I'm relinquishing the spot that I got through RD...just to let y'all know.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:53 pm

managamy wrote:
knows11 wrote:I have some good news today. I got a call from Dean Hoye and was accepted ED and couldn't be happier!

169, 3.56, non-URM

In other news, I'm relinquishing the spot that I got through RD...just to let y'all know.
As am I, JD/LLM program. Withdrawing on Monday. Good luck y'all!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Kretzy wrote:
managamy wrote:

169, 3.56, non-URM

Thank you, both.

2 down, 1000-people-better-than-my-application to go.

GMVarun

Bronze

Post by GMVarun » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:01 am

Has anyone gotten in/ received a decision who is applying for a dual degree? I applied for a JD/MA in econ that has a summer start and have not moved since my October under review date.

Hopefully this has something to do with the Summer MA/JD thing rather than an indication I won't get in.

aimhigh09

Bronze

Post by aimhigh09 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:22 am

GMVarun wrote:Has anyone gotten in/ received a decision who is applying for a dual degree? I applied for a JD/MA in econ that has a summer start and have not moved since my October under review date.

Hopefully this has something to do with the Summer MA/JD thing rather than an indication I won't get in.
+1. Though my LSAT is below their 25%, so I expect no news is good news for a while for me. I went complete in early November and went UR 11/30.
Last edited by aimhigh09 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apple Tree

Bronze

Post by Apple Tree » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:44 pm

I got the interview/PT email too. I withdrew my application today. So one less competitor for you guys. Good luck! :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:29 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
managamy wrote:

169, 3.56, non-URM

Thank you, both.

2 down, 1000-people-better-than-my-application to go.

+1000000000 :)

virginiagirl55

New

Post by virginiagirl55 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:08 pm

in today at 5 45 via email, jd/llm. what a relief.

beckstar

New

Post by beckstar » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:39 am

aimhigh09 wrote:
GMVarun wrote:Has anyone gotten in/ received a decision who is applying for a dual degree? I applied for a JD/MA in econ that has a summer start and have not moved since my October under review date.

+1. Though my LSAT is below their 25%, so I expect no news is good news for a while for me. I went complete in early November and went UR 11/30.
+1 JD/LLM summer start, been under review since 10/25

annabell

New

Post by annabell » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Priority Track dual-degree candidates (JD/LLMs at least) have been reporting acceptances on this thread and http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com.

Also, how is the Duke acceptance packet sent (regular mail or is it a package)?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”