The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gigm09
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby gigm09 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:00 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74102&p=1680223#p1680223

I got a voice mail today from Chicago saying that if I was still interested I could call them to discuss my file. It was from Jayme McKellop the Assistant Director of Admissions. Haven't called back yet.

Thoughts?

reminiscent
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby reminiscent » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:03 pm

im thinking you're mosdefinitely in..

User avatar
gigm09
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby gigm09 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 am

So I called Jayme back this morning. She said that they had openings in their class and she was going through files and picking ones to take to the admissions committee. She said that mine was one of the ones she would like to take to the them. She said she wanted to make sure that I was very interested and would be able to attend if offered an acceptance. She said she is meeting with them very often and that they would probably get back to me very soon.

She was very insistent in trying to find out how much I wanted Chicago and if I could make the switch. I do not think I was very convincing. She told me scholarship money was not available. She said she was not trying to pressure me but pretty much tried to get me to say I would accept if I was offered admission. I did not say this.

We will see.

User avatar
stayingclassy
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby stayingclassy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:46 am

Hope you still get in, gigm. Where are you currently deposited?

User avatar
gigm09
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby gigm09 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:49 am

NYU

User avatar
stayingclassy
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby stayingclassy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:57 am

Congrats - you'll be in great shape graduating from either school.

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:27 am

gigm09 wrote:So I called Jayme back this morning. She said that they had openings in their class and she was going through files and picking ones to take to the admissions committee. She said that mine was one of the ones she would like to take to the them. She said she wanted to make sure that I was very interested and would be able to attend if offered an acceptance. She said she is meeting with them very often and that they would probably get back to me very soon.

She was very insistent in trying to find out how much I wanted Chicago and if I could make the switch. I do not think I was very convincing. She told me scholarship money was not available. She said she was not trying to pressure me but pretty much tried to get me to say I would accept if I was offered admission. I did not say this.

We will see.


I don't think anyone has gotten the call and not the acceptance later, so congrats!

By the way, please let them know that they are free to call me, pressure me, offer me absolutely no money, charge me triple tuition, and I will promise to come... you know, in case they're into that kind of thing... 8)

Also, congrats on NYU! Nice options!

User avatar
stayingclassy
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby stayingclassy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:32 am

MissMaroon wrote:
gigm09 wrote:So I called Jayme back this morning. She said that they had openings in their class and she was going through files and picking ones to take to the admissions committee. She said that mine was one of the ones she would like to take to the them. She said she wanted to make sure that I was very interested and would be able to attend if offered an acceptance. She said she is meeting with them very often and that they would probably get back to me very soon.

She was very insistent in trying to find out how much I wanted Chicago and if I could make the switch. I do not think I was very convincing. She told me scholarship money was not available. She said she was not trying to pressure me but pretty much tried to get me to say I would accept if I was offered admission. I did not say this.

We will see.


I don't think anyone has gotten the call and not the acceptance later, so congrats!

By the way, please let them know that they are free to call me, pressure me, offer me absolutely no money, charge me triple tuition, and I will promise to come... you know, in case they're into that kind of thing... 8)

Also, congrats on NYU! Nice options!


I hope you get in, MissMaroon.

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Awwwww, thanks :)

User avatar
gigm09
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby gigm09 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Just got a call from Ann Perry saying that I am in and I have till Friday June 12th to decide. Now I have a tough decision to make. Does anyone know if I have to remove myself from all other waitlists if I accept?

imchuckbass58
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby imchuckbass58 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:53 pm

gigm09 wrote:Just got a call from Ann Perry saying that I am in and I have till Friday June 12th to decide. Now I have a tough decision to make. Does anyone know if I have to remove myself from all other waitlists if I accept?


You do not need to remove yourself from waitlists if you accept. You do (obviously) have to retract pending applications and decline all active acceptances.

User avatar
lilybbloom
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby lilybbloom » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Ummm.... I just got a call from UChicago- my file is going to committee. I said I was still interested. Thoughts?

User avatar
stayingclassy
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby stayingclassy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:12 pm

lilybbloom wrote:Ummm.... I just got a call from UChicago- my file is going to committee. I said I was still interested. Thoughts?


I think congrats are in order!

User avatar
lilybbloom
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby lilybbloom » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 pm

stayingclassy wrote:
lilybbloom wrote:Ummm.... I just got a call from UChicago- my file is going to committee. I said I was still interested. Thoughts?


I think congrats are in order!


I hope you're right, thank you!

User avatar
stayingclassy
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby stayingclassy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:18 pm

lilybbloom wrote:
stayingclassy wrote:
lilybbloom wrote:Ummm.... I just got a call from UChicago- my file is going to committee. I said I was still interested. Thoughts?


I think congrats are in order!


I hope you're right, thank you!


I hope I am too - keep us posted!

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:12 pm

LILY OMG you're about to get in!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh! PM me as soon as you get the official acceptance!

User avatar
lilybbloom
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby lilybbloom » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:53 am

MissMaroon wrote:LILY OMG you're about to get in!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh! PM me as soon as you get the official acceptance!


Okay now I'm getting worried... what if I end up being the ONLY one to get the first call and not the second? This is so tortuous, especially since I already told like a million people I was going to UChicago now :-/

User avatar
not
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby not » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 am

That would be too cruel. I think it might just be the weekend that cut into the second call... I'm sure you'll get something by the end of the day.

User avatar
lilybbloom
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby lilybbloom » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:52 pm

I'm in!!! Can't wait to meet all of you in September!

User avatar
animalcrkrs
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby animalcrkrs » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:54 pm

congrats!!!!!!

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:56 pm

lilybbloom wrote:I'm in!!! Can't wait to meet all of you in September!


Congrats, Lil! I'll be there too this fall. We will be classmates after all, it seems.

User avatar
lilybbloom
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby lilybbloom » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:58 pm

dresden doll wrote:
lilybbloom wrote:I'm in!!! Can't wait to meet all of you in September!


Congrats, Lil! I'll be there too this fall. We will be classmates after all, it seems.


It must be fate!!! Thanks :-)

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:32 pm

lilybbloom wrote:I'm in!!! Can't wait to meet all of you in September!


YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CONGRATS!!!!!! :D

User avatar
stayingclassy
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby stayingclassy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:55 pm

Congrats!

User avatar
gigm09
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby gigm09 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:58 am

Just declined my offer of admission that I got off of the waitlist last week. One more spot for y'all.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: criley01, dala77, oliviaj_j and 5 guests