The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
h2ho
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby h2ho » Mon May 11, 2009 2:47 pm

MissMaroon wrote:
h2ho wrote:
MissMaroon wrote:
daisyduck wrote:I still haven't heard from Chicago. Does that mean I'm on the waitlist?!


Nah, not necessarily. We do know for a fact that several spots opened up today, so if your status checker is still at "decision pending," maybe you'll get a call!



my status checker isn't even at decision pending. i applied to over twenty schools this cycle, all in mid Jan., and UChicago is the LAST one to get back to me with an initial decision.


Weird. Have you called yet to see what's up?



Yes. I mean, it's somewhat understandable because I did take the Feb. LSAT, but I already had an LSAT score registered when I took it. I don't really mind that it is taking long, but I feel that since I submitted my app in mid-January I at least deserve an initial decision before they go to the waitlist. I feel a bit like I threw my money away at this point. Oh well! I'm trying to be patient!

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby caoyun » Mon May 11, 2009 2:49 pm

MissMaroon wrote:
amckay83 wrote:I was accepted from the waitlist on Monday of this week. They didn't give me any financial aid and I'm not inclined to fight it so I'm sticking with Northwestern. I did my undergrad at UChicago and so I've met my lifetime Hyde Park quota :). Good luck to everyone still waiting.


caoyun wrote:Withdrew this morning. Best of luck to all of you who remain on the list. I hope the spot (and money) go to someone who really wants it.


THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

p.s. Caoyun, did you succeed in hustling Penn out of anymore money? Seems like showing them that UChicago offer should be pretty persuasive.


Nope. Dean Post essentially laughed. But really, I'm fairly well convinced that Penn has no more money to give right now. Either way, Chicago wouldn't have worked for me unless it was pretty much free. Good luck everyone!

reminiscent
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby reminiscent » Mon May 11, 2009 3:16 pm

asdf
Last edited by reminiscent on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
animalcrkrs
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby animalcrkrs » Mon May 11, 2009 3:18 pm

reminiscent wrote:has anyone else received an email from one of the assistant deans, notifying you that they are reviewing a small batch of applications tomorrow from the waitlist, and that she wants to bring forth your file for review by the committee and wanted to gauge your continued interest in u of c? i'm wondering how many ppl have gotten this email, and if it's something worth getting excited over.


Get excited, I didn't get shit.

User avatar
lucydog
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:12 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby lucydog » Mon May 11, 2009 3:19 pm

reminiscent wrote:has anyone else received an email from one of the assistant deans, notifying you that they are reviewing a small batch of applications tomorrow from the waitlist, and that she wants to bring forth your file for review by the committee and wanted to gauge your continued interest in u of c? i'm wondering how many ppl have gotten this email, and if it's something worth getting excited over.


Congrats on that news.

Still at complete :/

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby dresden doll » Mon May 11, 2009 3:19 pm

reminiscent wrote:has anyone else received an email from one of the assistant deans, notifying you that they are reviewing a small batch of applications tomorrow from the waitlist, and that she wants to bring forth your file for review by the committee and wanted to gauge your continued interest in u of c? i'm wondering how many ppl have gotten this email, and if it's something worth getting excited over.


Okay, now I am really confused. Why are they turning to WL when they haven't even given some of us initial decisions yet?

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Mon May 11, 2009 3:23 pm

reminiscent wrote:has anyone else received an email from one of the assistant deans, notifying you that they are reviewing a small batch of applications tomorrow from the waitlist, and that she wants to bring forth your file for review by the committee and wanted to gauge your continued interest in u of c? i'm wondering how many ppl have gotten this email, and if it's something worth getting excited over.


Have you sent in any LOCIs or additional information since being placed on the waitlist?

And yes, if you read the past threads I included in my original post - you should be VERY excited.

EDIT: Also, which of the two waitlist letters did you get?
Last edited by MissMaroon on Mon May 11, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Mon May 11, 2009 3:24 pm

animalcrkrs wrote:
reminiscent wrote:has anyone else received an email from one of the assistant deans, notifying you that they are reviewing a small batch of applications tomorrow from the waitlist, and that she wants to bring forth your file for review by the committee and wanted to gauge your continued interest in u of c? i'm wondering how many ppl have gotten this email, and if it's something worth getting excited over.


Get excited, I didn't get shit.


Neither did I, FML.

User avatar
h2ho
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby h2ho » Mon May 11, 2009 4:23 pm

dresden doll wrote:
reminiscent wrote:has anyone else received an email from one of the assistant deans, notifying you that they are reviewing a small batch of applications tomorrow from the waitlist, and that she wants to bring forth your file for review by the committee and wanted to gauge your continued interest in u of c? i'm wondering how many ppl have gotten this email, and if it's something worth getting excited over.


Okay, now I am really confused. Why are they turning to WL when they haven't even given some of us initial decisions yet?



I don't know Dresden, but it really really pisses me off. I paid them (what was it, 70 bucks?) and it seems as though it was for absolutely nothing. I seriously want my money back. Unless they accept me, then I love them.
,
.......

reminiscent
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby reminiscent » Mon May 11, 2009 4:36 pm

MissMaroon wrote:Have you sent in any LOCIs or additional information since being placed on the waitlist?

And yes, if you read the past threads I included in my original post - you should be VERY excited.

EDIT: Also, which of the two waitlist letters did you get?


i didnt send anything. also, i didnt know there were two versions of the waitlist letters, but i got the one that says: "As you are aware, the University of Chicago Law School has a small class size.. I would like to personally stay in touch with you through this admissions cycle and would encourage you to write an additional statement indicating your interest in studying at the University of Chicago... You can email me your statement and I will make sure the Committee reviews it." The lady who wrote this letter is the same lady who just e-mailed me about the waitlist review going down tomorrow. is this the better waitlist letter, or is it another one?

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby dresden doll » Mon May 11, 2009 4:40 pm

h2ho wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
reminiscent wrote:has anyone else received an email from one of the assistant deans, notifying you that they are reviewing a small batch of applications tomorrow from the waitlist, and that she wants to bring forth your file for review by the committee and wanted to gauge your continued interest in u of c? i'm wondering how many ppl have gotten this email, and if it's something worth getting excited over.


Okay, now I am really confused. Why are they turning to WL when they haven't even given some of us initial decisions yet?



I don't know Dresden, but it really really pisses me off. I paid them (what was it, 70 bucks?) and it seems as though it was for absolutely nothing. I seriously want my money back. Unless they accept me, then I love them.
,
.......


I mean, I submitted late and all so I always knew the decision wouldn't be timely but it really confuses me that they're turning to WLs before reviewing the entire applicant pool. Wouldn't it make sense to at least reject the rest of us first?

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby mallard » Mon May 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Just got mine.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby dresden doll » Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 pm

mallard wrote:Just got mine.


What did you get? A WL? Status checker change? Elaborate, mal.

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby mallard » Mon May 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Waitlist, sorry. Assuming YP.

User avatar
MissMaroon
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby MissMaroon » Mon May 11, 2009 4:48 pm

reminiscent wrote:
MissMaroon wrote:Have you sent in any LOCIs or additional information since being placed on the waitlist?

And yes, if you read the past threads I included in my original post - you should be VERY excited.

EDIT: Also, which of the two waitlist letters did you get?


i didnt send anything. also, i didnt know there were two versions of the waitlist letters, but i got the one that says: "As you are aware, the University of Chicago Law School has a small class size.. I would like to personally stay in touch with you through this admissions cycle and would encourage you to write an additional statement indicating your interest in studying at the University of Chicago... You can email me your statement and I will make sure the Committee reviews it." The lady who wrote this letter is the same lady who just e-mailed me about the waitlist review going down tomorrow. is this the better waitlist letter, or is it another one?


Yep, that's the better letter. I was just trying to figure out whether or not they're still sifting through they're "special" waitlist group (no offense). Good luck, Reminiscent, sounds like you're probably in :D

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby dresden doll » Mon May 11, 2009 4:49 pm

mallard wrote:Waitlist, sorry. Assuming YP.


LOL. At least you weren't outright rejected like the YLS admit hamilcar. Did you get it via snail mail?

chłopak
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby chłopak » Mon May 11, 2009 4:49 pm

mallard wrote:Waitlist, sorry. Assuming YP.

Out of curiosity, when did your status change to "Decision Pending?"

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby mallard » Mon May 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Via snail mail, yes. I'm above both 75th percentiles.

Status changed on May 1st.

chłopak
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby chłopak » Mon May 11, 2009 5:00 pm

mallard wrote:Via snail mail, yes. I'm above both 75th percentiles.

Status changed on May 1st.

Thanks. Based upon my Feb. 13 "Complete" date, I was surprised that I didn't go to "Decision Pending" with nearly everyone else on May 1. Since you were recently put on the official waiting list, I'm beginning to question my theory that I was unofficially placed on a waiting list.

User avatar
h2ho
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby h2ho » Mon May 11, 2009 5:01 pm

chłopak wrote:
mallard wrote:Via snail mail, yes. I'm above both 75th percentiles.

Status changed on May 1st.

Thanks. Based upon my Feb. 13 "Complete" date, I was surprised that I didn't go to "Decision Pending" with nearly everyone else on May 1. Since you were recently put on the official waiting list, I'm beginning to question my theory that I was unofficially placed on a waiting list.



You're not an URM, are you?

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby mallard » Mon May 11, 2009 5:02 pm

I went complete a bit before you did.

chłopak
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby chłopak » Mon May 11, 2009 5:05 pm

h2ho wrote:
chłopak wrote:
mallard wrote:Via snail mail, yes. I'm above both 75th percentiles.

Status changed on May 1st.

Thanks. Based upon my Feb. 13 "Complete" date, I was surprised that I didn't go to "Decision Pending" with nearly everyone else on May 1. Since you were recently put on the official waiting list, I'm beginning to question my theory that I was unofficially placed on a waiting list.



You're not an URM, are you?

No, but my numbers are right at the medians. Having applied so late in the process, I felt like I was waiting-list material. :)

chłopak
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby chłopak » Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm

mallard wrote:I went complete a bit before you did.

Hmmm. . . Okay, thanks.

User avatar
h2ho
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby h2ho » Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm

chłopak wrote:
h2ho wrote:
chłopak wrote:
mallard wrote:Via snail mail, yes. I'm above both 75th percentiles.

Status changed on May 1st.

Thanks. Based upon my Feb. 13 "Complete" date, I was surprised that I didn't go to "Decision Pending" with nearly everyone else on May 1. Since you were recently put on the official waiting list, I'm beginning to question my theory that I was unofficially placed on a waiting list.



You're not an URM, are you?

No, but my numbers are right at the medians. Having applied so late in the process, I felt like I was waiting-list material. :)



Just checking.

If i don't get a regular decision until June, I'm going to throw up.

chłopak
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: The Official UCHICAGO Waitlist Party.

Postby chłopak » Mon May 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Ha! I feel the same way. For now, I am moving forward with another school. However, my younger brother, having deferred from last year, is already committed to attending UChicago Law this fall. I'd love to join him, but we'll see.

Needless to say, it will sting if my little brother gets into UChicago, but I don't! :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, cyclawps, dasq5511, Harry Ass Truman, Houzy, jtawil, kvnrogers, lg77, SuperAverageJoe, XUMickeal and 24 guests