NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pixie09
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby pixie09 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:36 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
texchi wrote:Congrats! You definitely deserve it! So, it seems to me that NW is going for the High LSAT splitters :(


I was admitted with an LSAT score very close to the 25th percentile, but have a 4.0 GPA ... perhaps, they'll need a few more people like us to help even things out a bit. :wink:


I sure hope so.

texchi
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby texchi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:59 pm

Hey Crew...any news today? I called a few days ago and the Admin office said they would probably be making more offers by the end of the week. Any luck gal/guy out there get one today?!

naturalexponent
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby naturalexponent » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:38 pm

texchi wrote:Hey Crew...any news today? I called a few days ago and the Admin office said they would probably be making more offers by the end of the week. Any luck gal/guy out there get one today?!


offers? plural? ahh, i'm dying here... i can only hope to report back with good news. *fingers crossed*

Heidelightful
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Heidelightful » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:47 am

Hi Everyone =] Good luck to anyone who's still waiting, and congrats to those that got in!

I just had a quick question for anyone who has the time to chip in.

I really would love to go to NU Law (I'm a rising senior at NU undergrad right now), but I don't exactly plan on working after I graduate, as I'd prefer just to go straight to law school. My GPA is sadly not that great (LSAC GPA of 3.59), and I haven't taken the LSAT yet, but I plan to in September.

Is there hope for me (provided I do well on my LSAT)? I know I won't have real work experience (outside of summer work), my GPA isn't stellar, and I do attend NU undergrad (which I heard was a disadvantage)... I hope there's still a chance =/. Do you know how many people get deferred (i.e. told to work for a year and then come back) and what those people's stats are like?

User avatar
WassAnch
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby WassAnch » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:08 pm

Heidelightful wrote:Hi Everyone =] Good luck to anyone who's still waiting, and congrats to those that got in!

I just had a quick question for anyone who has the time to chip in.

I really would love to go to NU Law (I'm a rising senior at NU undergrad right now), but I don't exactly plan on working after I graduate, as I'd prefer just to go straight to law school. My GPA is sadly not that great (LSAC GPA of 3.59), and I haven't taken the LSAT yet, but I plan to in September.

Is there hope for me (provided I do well on my LSAT)? I know I won't have real work experience (outside of summer work), my GPA isn't stellar, and I do attend NU undergrad (which I heard was a disadvantage)... I hope there's still a chance =/. Do you know how many people get deferred (i.e. told to work for a year and then come back) and what those people's stats are like?


Only 3% of the class of 2011 had less than one year of work experience, so I wouldn't count on getting straight in. I would think that you would need an LSAT of around 173 or better to have a chance at getting a deferred offer (just a guess).

Anyway, any new word on the WL?

ecclaw07
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby ecclaw07 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:17 pm

WassAnch wrote:

Anyway, any new word on the WL?

Wondering the same thing...What ever became of the offers they were supposedly going to extend last week??

User avatar
jewelta
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby jewelta » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:31 pm

ecclaw07 wrote:
WassAnch wrote:

Anyway, any new word on the WL?

Wondering the same thing...What ever became of the offers they were supposedly going to extend last week??


I guess it's possible they extended offers, but none of those people are on TLS...

bluedee
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby bluedee » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:36 am

Lets hope that we will see some movement this week...my fingers are crossed!!!

Moltenlavalamp
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:20 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Moltenlavalamp » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:29 pm

In off of the waitlist this morning!

User avatar
not
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby not » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:12 pm

congrats!!! NU is really sticking to what they said about admitting a good deal of people off the waitlist...

Moltenlavalamp
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:20 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Moltenlavalamp » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:59 pm

not wrote:congrats!!! NU is really sticking to what they said about admitting a good deal of people off the waitlist...


Thanks! NU has been my first choice from the beginning so really excited

tagc
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby tagc » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:38 am

numbers?

Moltenlavalamp
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:20 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Moltenlavalamp » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 am

3.7/170

texchi
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby texchi » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:12 pm

I am a high GPA splitter...it looks like they are going more for the high LSAT splitters....anyone else have thoughts or insight?

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby rayiner » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Moltenlavalamp wrote:3.7/170


Lol, it would be funny if you ended up being the guy who is their median GPA/LSAT. :)

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby Lizface killah » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:31 pm

texchi wrote:I am a high GPA splitter...it looks like they are going more for the high LSAT splitters....anyone else have thoughts or insight?


They let me in.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby rayiner » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:33 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
texchi wrote:I am a high GPA splitter...it looks like they are going more for the high LSAT splitters....anyone else have thoughts or insight?


They let me in.


+1. Find a high-LSAT splitter and offer NU a package deal. Worked for 'face and me.

naturalexponent
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby naturalexponent » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:39 am

rayiner wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:
texchi wrote:I am a high GPA splitter...it looks like they are going more for the high LSAT splitters....anyone else have thoughts or insight?


They let me in.


+1. Find a high-LSAT splitter and offer NU a package deal. Worked for 'face and me.



Let's market ourselves together, texchi. High LSAT splitter here.

texchi
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby texchi » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:59 am

Lets do it! How do we get them to listen to us!? Please NW here is a great package - take us two!

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:48 am

Moltenlavalamp wrote:In off of the waitlist this morning!


Moltenlavalamp, congratulations!!!
:D

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:57 am

rayiner wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:
texchi wrote:I am a high GPA splitter...it looks like they are going more for the high LSAT splitters....anyone else have thoughts or insight?


They let me in.


+1. Find a high-LSAT splitter and offer NU a package deal. Worked for 'face and me.


enygma and I were admitted at the same time under very similar conditions ...

texchi
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby texchi » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Haha did you guys make them an offer?! haha

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:11 pm

texchi wrote:Haha did you guys make them an offer?! haha


No, but that would have been classic! Although I am deadset on Northwestern, I still remain on the Penn WL and it would be interesting to give it a try ... j/k :wink:

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby enygma » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:37 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
rayiner wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:
texchi wrote:I am a high GPA splitter...it looks like they are going more for the high LSAT splitters....anyone else have thoughts or insight?


They let me in.


+1. Find a high-LSAT splitter and offer NU a package deal. Worked for 'face and me.


enygma and I were admitted at the same time under very similar conditions ...


that's true. we should make t-shirts.

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby enygma » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:39 pm

texchi wrote:Haha did you guys make them an offer?! haha


no, but i did make 'em an offer they couldn't refuse.

Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests