NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby 20160810 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Dear Northwestern,

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Yours,
SBL

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:56 pm

I send my second LOCI on Monday. I am holding out hope for the end of next week given the 5/22 deposit deadline. Two weeks would seemingly give them ample time to determine the current make-up of the class and where they can fill in holes from the WL.

Also, perhaps it is my irrational optimism again, but it still seems as though many acceptances are noncommittal on Northwestern :)

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:00 pm

I like it!

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby opj2002 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:07 pm

I'm banking on action happening after the 15th when peoples' names that have duplicate deposits become released.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:14 pm

opj2002 wrote:I'm banking on action happening after the 15th when peoples' names that have duplicate deposits become released.


OPJ2002, very interesting point! Can you direct me to where I can find out more information about this topic especially as it relates to potential consequences / embarassment for those who do put down multiple deposits. Thanks!

I was previously unaware of any official list.

Anne Ivey provides that it is acceptable, but discouraged ... other than that, no other mention to a list is given ...

http://www.vault.com/nr/newsmain.jsp?nr ... at_id=2711
Last edited by chadwick218 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jewelta
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby jewelta » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:14 pm

opj2002 wrote:I'm banking on action happening after the 15th when peoples' names that have duplicate deposits become released.


Come again?!?!?!??!!!!!

User avatar
WassAnch
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby WassAnch » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 pm

The suspense is killing me inside!

According to LSN, it seems like a majority of the WL acceptances came out during the first week of June last year.

Argh! Northwestern is turning me into a hollow shell.

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby opj2002 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:27 pm

I copied this text from another thread where I found it discussed:

"Multiple Deposit Notification

Each year, law schools that participate in LSAC's commitment overlap reporting service provide LSAC with information about applicants who have been accepted and have paid a deposit or provided a verbal or written agreement to attend their schools. Each spring, participating law schools receive periodic reports detailing the number of their committed applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at other participating schools, as well as the identification of those other schools. Starting on June 15, 2008, those reports will also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools."


And I know Dean Pless from Illinois referred to it in his thread where he answered questions from applicants.
(this thread, but I'm not going to find the page: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57169)

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby opj2002 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Here's a more specific link with quote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57169&p=1385766&hilit=pless+june+15#p1385766

Pless: "1) If an applicant has two deposits in, and one of them is with Illinois, I will see there name and the school that they have a deposit with after June 15th."

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby enygma » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:09 pm

how often are you guys sending LOCIs? On the one hand, I feel like they know I want to go there. I sent one with the hold and one with the waitlist. But on the other hand, I want to keep my name fresh in their minds...

User avatar
WassAnch
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby WassAnch » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:13 pm

enygma wrote:how often are you guys sending LOCIs? On the one hand, I feel like they know I want to go there. I sent one with the hold and one with the waitlist. But on the other hand, I want to keep my name fresh in their minds...


I sent one in about a month ago and I'm thinking about sending in another next week.

Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to send in a military performance report? They are basically yearly evaluations that contain 15 "bullets" detailing what someone has accomplished over the last year (volunteer activities, work accomplishments, etc).

I've been thinking about it, but I'm worried that I will appear a little too desperate.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:14 pm

enygma wrote:how often are you guys sending LOCIs? On the one hand, I feel like they know I want to go there. I sent one with the hold and one with the waitlist. But on the other hand, I want to keep my name fresh in their minds...


Every 4 weeks or so (not too frequently) ... I sent one shorltly after being WL in late April and another on June 1st.

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby opj2002 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:15 pm

enygma wrote:how often are you guys sending LOCIs? On the one hand, I feel like they know I want to go there. I sent one with the hold and one with the waitlist. But on the other hand, I want to keep my name fresh in their minds...


I've only sent one to schools so far.... considering a 2nd for my top WL choice

awaiting
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby awaiting » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:16 pm

WassAnch wrote:
enygma wrote:how often are you guys sending LOCIs? On the one hand, I feel like they know I want to go there. I sent one with the hold and one with the waitlist. But on the other hand, I want to keep my name fresh in their minds...


I sent one in about a month ago and I'm thinking about sending in another next week.

Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to send in a military performance report? They are basically yearly evaluations that contain 15 "bullets" detailing what someone has accomplished over the last year (volunteer activities, work accomplishments, etc).

I've been thinking about it, but I'm worried that I will appear a little too desperate.


Maybe the person who wrote yours can turn it into a quick LOR?

User avatar
WassAnch
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby WassAnch » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 pm

awaiting wrote:
WassAnch wrote:
enygma wrote:how often are you guys sending LOCIs? On the one hand, I feel like they know I want to go there. I sent one with the hold and one with the waitlist. But on the other hand, I want to keep my name fresh in their minds...


I sent one in about a month ago and I'm thinking about sending in another next week.

Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to send in a military performance report? They are basically yearly evaluations that contain 15 "bullets" detailing what someone has accomplished over the last year (volunteer activities, work accomplishments, etc).

I've been thinking about it, but I'm worried that I will appear a little too desperate.


Maybe the person who wrote yours can turn it into a quick LOR?


Not a bad idea, but he is in Iraq right now.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Do you guys think that it would be a good idea to send in a military performance report? They are basically yearly evaluations that contain 15 "bullets" detailing what someone has accomplished over the last year (volunteer activities, work accomplishments, etc).


I would certainly be willing to send something like this.

In my most recent LOCI, I discussed a particular interest in one of NU clinical programs as well as briefly discussed a recent promotion as well as a couple of unique volunteer programs that I will be taking part in this summer. I cited how my professional experiences are very closely alinged with the goals / objectives of this particualr clinic.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby hmlee » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:51 pm

opj2002 wrote:I copied this text from another thread where I found it discussed:

"Multiple Deposit Notification

Each year, law schools that participate in LSAC's commitment overlap reporting service provide LSAC with information about applicants who have been accepted and have paid a deposit or provided a verbal or written agreement to attend their schools. Each spring, participating law schools receive periodic reports detailing the number of their committed applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at other participating schools, as well as the identification of those other schools. Starting on June 15, 2008, those reports will also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools."


And I know Dean Pless from Illinois referred to it in his thread where he answered questions from applicants.
(this thread, but I'm not going to find the page: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57169)


In general that would be true, but, Northwestern doesn't have a 2nd deposit, so they don't get that notification from LSAC. According to the nice folks at the admissions office, they rely on people's word about whether or not they are attending and how certain they are that they will do so. I think it's nice that they treat us like adults.

opj2002
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby opj2002 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:13 pm

hmlee wrote:
opj2002 wrote:I copied this text from another thread where I found it discussed:

"Multiple Deposit Notification

Each year, law schools that participate in LSAC's commitment overlap reporting service provide LSAC with information about applicants who have been accepted and have paid a deposit or provided a verbal or written agreement to attend their schools. Each spring, participating law schools receive periodic reports detailing the number of their committed applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at other participating schools, as well as the identification of those other schools. Starting on June 15, 2008, those reports will also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools."


And I know Dean Pless from Illinois referred to it in his thread where he answered questions from applicants.
(this thread, but I'm not going to find the page: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57169)


In general that would be true, but, Northwestern doesn't have a 2nd deposit, so they don't get that notification from LSAC. According to the nice folks at the admissions office, they rely on people's word about whether or not they are attending and how certain they are that they will do so. I think it's nice that they treat us like adults.



Where does it say that it only applies to schools with 2 deposits? Unless that's a separate bit of the rule, the "multiple deposit" in this sense is referring to people depositted at multiple schools (and not schools requiring multiple deposits)

mithan
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby mithan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:15 pm

They will definitely get that notification from LSAC even if Northwestern doesn't have a 2nd deposit. LSAC will notify the school names of double depositors if there is double deposit no matter it is first deposit or second.

hmlee wrote:
opj2002 wrote:I copied this text from another thread where I found it discussed:

"Multiple Deposit Notification

Each year, law schools that participate in LSAC's commitment overlap reporting service provide LSAC with information about applicants who have been accepted and have paid a deposit or provided a verbal or written agreement to attend their schools. Each spring, participating law schools receive periodic reports detailing the number of their committed applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at other participating schools, as well as the identification of those other schools. Starting on June 15, 2008, those reports will also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools."


And I know Dean Pless from Illinois referred to it in his thread where he answered questions from applicants.
(this thread, but I'm not going to find the page: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57169)


In general that would be true, but, Northwestern doesn't have a 2nd deposit, so they don't get that notification from LSAC. According to the nice folks at the admissions office, they rely on people's word about whether or not they are attending and how certain they are that they will do so. I think it's nice that they treat us like adults.

User avatar
not
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby not » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:07 pm

[quote="mithan"]They will definitely get that notification from LSAC even if Northwestern doesn't have a 2nd deposit. LSAC will notify the school names of double depositors if there is double deposit no matter it is first deposit or second.

quote]

what if you paid multiple deposits but withdrew from all but one? Is your name still published then?

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 pm

what if you paid multiple deposits but withdrew from all but one? Is your name still published then?[/quote]

Moreover, what are the consequences other than maybe just a black-eye? I have deposited at 4 schools, but have withdrawn from 3.

Is this ideal? Absolutely not, but I was left with little choice as some deposit deadlines were very early and I had yet to hear from half the schools where I applied.

With that said, Northwestern could properly bring this cylce to a well deserving close. :wink:

waitwatchers
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:22 am

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby waitwatchers » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:16 pm

Has anyone else had more trouble being patient this week than at any other point during the cycle? :?

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:27 pm

waitwatchers wrote:Has anyone else had more trouble being patient this week than at any other point during the cycle? :?


This week has been the worst for me ... I am waiting to hear back from two schools with regards to scholarship consideration that will greatly influence where I'll be attending in the fall in the event that Northwestern shows no love.

Waitwatchers, effective June 1st, I am now officially a part of 2 wait(weight) watchers programs. I am secretely hoping that one is more successful than the other ... :wink:

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby hmlee » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:33 pm

They have to participate in that service to get the notifications... I suppose they could, but when I talked about it with the admissions office they didn't say that they got that information from LSAC.

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: NORTHWESTERN LAW - WAITLIST CREW

Postby enygma » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:52 pm

does anyone else sit at work all day with gmail open? you just sit there and every time an e-mail comes you think, "omg, maybe it's northwestern". Then, invariably, it is followed immediately by, "gah, fuck you (netflix, friend, parent, college begging for money, girlfriend, etc.)".




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, hwwong, Kimmysradscreenname and 3 guests