Mase85 wrote:Got accepted to Widener, which is a tier 4, its close to my family, rent's not too high, and it will be more affordable. Id like to practice corp law, but that could change once I learn more about it. Delaware ppl boast widener to be great for corp law, but I don't know if that's just a way they cope with the school being tier 4.
However, I have been waitlisted at a T14 and at a tier 2 (77th to be exact) and I'm still waiting on some decisions from a tier 1 and a tier 2...all of these options will definitely be harder to pay for and are a little further from fam/cheap living.
So, tell me if I should stay on the waitlists, go to any tier 1/2 I'm accepted to even if they are lower ranked in 1 & 2, and if Id be foolish to go to the tier4...and if I accept it now as a safety, is it possible to abandon it if a better school removes me from the wait?
Hopefully, I didn't ask a question that people are tired of answering but I would appreciate some input!
I would be seriously interested in knowing your #s that would get you waitlisted at both a T14 and a T2. How many applications did you send out? You might consider waiting until next cycle and trying for more T1/T2 schools.
Before going to Widener, carefully consider things like 1L attrition and unemployment rates. I understand Widener is pretty high on both of those. I am assuming you don't really care about biglaw based on your posts. So if you are going to come out with very minimal debt and are satisfied with job prospects (don't just look at the stats the school provides, see if you can find an attorney who recently graduated from widener and ask them about what happened to people in their class) then attending would not be too bad.
For your last question (not sure if it's been handled yet) you can accept and then go to a different school, but you will likely lose whatever seat deposit you put in at Widener.