IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Anonymous0L

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by Anonymous0L » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:34 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:Are they generally looking at applications in the order that they went complete (first-come, first-served)? Obviously, they pulled out the high-LSAT, high-GPA apps first... but for the rest will they approach them chronologically?

I'm probably way over-thinking this.

Yeah, they probably sort them first with the likely admits then go in the order as they "roll" in. A lot of schools do this.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:35 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:Are they generally looking at applications in the order that they went complete (first-come, first-served)? Obviously, they pulled out the high-LSAT, high-GPA apps first... but for the rest will they approach them chronologically?

I'm probably way over-thinking this.
I think about it too. As a high GPA/low LSAT splitter I feel that many schools are just rolling me over into the next batch to see if they need my GPA or something. I hope they do!

scienara

New

Post by scienara » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:37 pm

I talked with one of the Admissions staff people last night at the reception in Portland, and yes, it sounded like they adhere to "first come first served". She said the current wait for a decision should be about 4-6 weeks.

tralinds

New

Post by tralinds » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:56 pm

How long after applying did you guys receive an email about the status checker? I applied a few days ago and haven't heard a peep!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:57 pm

scienara wrote:I talked with one of the Admissions staff people last night at the reception in Portland, and yes, it sounded like they adhere to "first come first served". She said the current wait for a decision should be about 4-6 weeks.
f-that. I have been complete since 11/25/08

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:02 pm

admissions told me they review the apps in the order in which they received them and if you look at LSN you see that almost every one that has been accepted sent in their app either in October or November...

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:03 pm

veritas85 wrote:
scienara wrote:I talked with one of the Admissions staff people last night at the reception in Portland, and yes, it sounded like they adhere to "first come first served". She said the current wait for a decision should be about 4-6 weeks.
Well, they didn't begin reviewing until January. It does say that somewhere on their website.

scienara

New

Post by scienara » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 pm

katjust wrote:
veritas85 wrote:
Well, they didn't begin reviewing until January. It does say that somewhere on their website.
+1

boone

New

Post by boone » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Been complete since the 14th or 15th and I went decision rendered today. My figures are about in the range of the folks who got the 20k schollys, so here's to hoping.

I somewhat doubt they adhere to first come first served policy. I don't think many law schools do, honestly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

araiza99

New

Post by araiza99 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:34 pm

"Decision Processed" today...

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:38 pm

I went decision processed on the 28th and I'm starting to go nuts waiting to hear, especially where there are people on LSN getting phone calls. I feel like no one's asking me to dance.

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:45 pm

newcritic wrote:I went decision processed on the 28th and I'm starting to go nuts waiting to hear, especially where there are people on LSN getting phone calls. I feel like no one's asking me to dance.
I know what you mean, but I have 16 days on you...crossing my fingers for when I get home.

daksuno

New

Post by daksuno » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:00 pm

tralinds wrote:How long after applying did you guys receive an email about the status checker? I applied a few days ago and haven't heard a peep!
I applied 10 days ago and still have not heard anything...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kalydscopeeyes

New

Post by kalydscopeeyes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:18 pm

Argh, I applied before Thanksgiving, I live in Portland, and my status was even updated on 1/27 (not to decision- still says processing or in review or whatever, just the DATE changed) and I have no love from them.

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:22 pm

katjust wrote:
newcritic wrote:I went decision processed on the 28th and I'm starting to go nuts waiting to hear, especially where there are people on LSN getting phone calls. I feel like no one's asking me to dance.
I know what you mean, but I have 16 days on you...crossing my fingers for when I get home.

Bummer - I'll cross my fingers for you. I'm already obsessively checking my phone/LSN/etc. I don't know what I'll be like if I get to more than 10 days.

matt_b

New

Post by matt_b » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:35 pm

ditto on the decision on the 28. I guess they're not going to get to see my "Thriller"!

chris0406

New

Post by chris0406 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:40 pm

Does Lewis & Clark have such a thing as an automatic reject? Looking@ numbers on LSN previous years, some people got accepted with a lower gpa/lsat score and those with higher # didn't get accepted.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thecalmbear

New

Post by thecalmbear » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:06 pm

I talked the admissions office at Lewis and Clark and they said that I would hear within the next week.

I sent my application in early Dec., but I took the Dec. LSAT so I probably did no go complete until early Jan.

Also, I never received an email saying my file was complete, nor did I receive one with info about the status checker. So even if you have not yet heard anything, you could get your decision soon.

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:17 pm

thecalmbear wrote:I talked the admissions office at Lewis and Clark and they said that I would hear within the next week.

I sent my application in early Dec., but I took the Dec. LSAT so I probably did no go complete until early Jan.

Also, I never received an email saying my file was complete, nor did I receive one with info about the status checker. So even if you have not yet heard anything, you could get your decision soon.
I am in the same situation as you... I never really heard anything but was told by the admissions people I would hear in the next week or 2.

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:19 pm

veritas85 wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
pdennis1000 wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:I went to a L&C reception tonight and one of the admissions coordinators told me they just started sending them out in the last couple days and will keep doing so over the next month... She also told me they weight GPA more heavily than LSAT score...

aahhhh crap.
Sorry if that's bad news for you, dennis...

...but it's good for me!
+1
+2

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:39 pm

I was right. I got home and the acceptance packet was here. It was more than I had expected or hoped for 25K/year. I was floored. It definitely reinforces L&C as a top choice. Good luck to everyone.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thecalmbear

New

Post by thecalmbear » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:43 pm

katjust wrote:I was right. I got home and the acceptance packet was here. It was more than I had expected or hoped for 25K/year. I was floored. It definitely reinforces L&C as a top choice. Good luck to everyone.
Congrats!

What were your numbers?

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:53 pm

katjust wrote:I was right. I got home and the acceptance packet was here. It was more than I had expected or hoped for 25K/year. I was floored. It definitely reinforces L&C as a top choice. Good luck to everyone.
Congrats (though it's making my waiting that much harder).

On a random note, can anyone explain the whole index thing on LSN?

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:56 pm

newcritic wrote:

Every school weights GPA and LSAT scores differently and LSN uses thouse weights to generate a number. That number is your index. You can then use that index to compare to other students applying to that law school. The higher your index the better the chance you have of getting in.

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:59 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
newcritic wrote:

Every school weights GPA and LSAT scores differently and LSN uses thouse weights to generate a number. That number is your index. You can then use that index to compare to other students applying to that law school. The higher your index the better the chance you have of getting in.
Gracias

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”