University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawduder

Bronze

Re: University of Florida

Post by lawduder » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:00 pm

beesknees wrote:
mps wrote:I'm 163, 3.2X and was decision pending for over a month. Now i'm letter in transit.

Are acceptance letters in big or small envelopes? i still haven't received anything in the mail yet and want to be prepared when i see the envelope. if it is small and acceptances are only big, i don't want to still be holding out hope for good news when there is none!
Don't be alarmed if you see a small envelope. My acceptance came in a regular white envelope. Same with the scholarship letter.
How long after your acceptance letter did a scholarship letter come?

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:14 pm

lawduder wrote:
beesknees wrote:
mps wrote:I'm 163, 3.2X and was decision pending for over a month. Now i'm letter in transit.

Are acceptance letters in big or small envelopes? i still haven't received anything in the mail yet and want to be prepared when i see the envelope. if it is small and acceptances are only big, i don't want to still be holding out hope for good news when there is none!
Don't be alarmed if you see a small envelope. My acceptance came in a regular white envelope. Same with the scholarship letter.
How long after your acceptance letter did a scholarship letter come?
I actually have no idea. For some reason they sent both to my permanent address (which is my mom's) instead my current address. So she just handed me them when I went home for Christmas. Also, I had no idea UF had a status checker, so I didn't follow that and have no idea when things happened.

WiretoWire09UF

New

Post by WiretoWire09UF » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:43 pm

my scholarship letter came about a week after my acceptance.

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Letter in transit 1/19 got my letter today. Acceptance!

Scholly info to come later.

stats: 164 3.52 Indiana residence

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:42 pm

lawhawk wrote:Letter in transit 1/19 got my letter today. Acceptance!

Congrats! I hope this is a good sign for me, I'm an IL resident with a 164, 3.59. When did you go "Under review by committee"?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tigerlilly17

New

Post by tigerlilly17 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:05 pm

Went "Reviewed by Committee; Decision pending" on Friday.

smgallag

New

Post by smgallag » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:52 am

"Reviewed by committee; Decision pending" this morning.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:55 am

My decision was in transit on the 19th as well; let's hope it gets here today!

Edit: It did, accepted today - numbers in profile.
Last edited by missvik218 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

traehekat wrote:

Congrats! I hope this is a good sign for me, I'm an IL resident with a 164, 3.59. When did you go "Under review by committee"?
Thanks. I actually applied in October with a 163 and got the dreaded "reviewed: decision pending." I don't know when I went back under review because I was kind of frustrated with that silent waitlist. I checked back and it was "letter in transit." Sorry. I'm not sure why 164 was so much better than a 163 since both are well over their medians. Maybe they are trying to raise their medians? Best of luck to you all.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:26 pm

smgallag wrote:"Reviewed by committee; Decision pending" this morning.
Man, with a 167? Surely they'll take another look and admit you. If not, I'm sure you'll have several better options by the time your cycle plays out

tigerlilly17

New

Post by tigerlilly17 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:22 pm

lawhawk wrote:
Man, with a 167? Surely they'll take another look and admit you. If not, I'm sure you'll have several better options by the time your cycle plays out
Are you suggesting this status change means he was denied or waitlisted?

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:27 pm

tigerlilly17 wrote:
lawhawk wrote:
Held.

melaniec

New

Post by melaniec » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 pm

under review today! so nervous/excited! hope it doesnt take too long to get an answer..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:31 pm

SAE wrote:
tigerlilly17 wrote:
lawhawk wrote:
Held.
Yeah it's not an official waitlist. They do take another look. But looking back a last year's posts (earlier in this thread) many/most people who were "held" made the waitlist. A few made it in, but most didn't. Someone can doublecheck that, but that is how I understood it.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:34 pm

lawhawk wrote:Yeah it's not an official waitlist. They do take another look. But looking back a last year's posts (earlier in this thread) many/most people who were "held" made the waitlist. A few made it in, but most didn't. Someone can doublecheck that, but that is how I understood it.
It's not that bad. The auto-admits hear right away, everyone else goes to "hold" and gets decisions as the withdrawals come in and the school gets a feel of the entire applicant pool.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:36 pm

lawhawk wrote:
SAE wrote:
tigerlilly17 wrote: Are you suggesting this status change means he was denied or waitlisted?
Held.
Yeah it's not an official waitlist. They do take another look. But looking back a last year's posts (earlier in this thread) many/most people who were "held" made the waitlist. A few made it in, but most didn't. Someone can doublecheck that, but that is how I understood it.
I was "held" in whatever capacity a "Reviewed by committee; Decision pending" signifies. It's certainly not a definitely WL. Just hang in there, all it means is that they're not sure sure yet.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

missvik218 wrote: I was "held" in whatever capacity a "Reviewed by committee; Decision pending" signifies. It's certainly not a definitely WL. Just hang in there, all it means is that they're not sure sure yet.
Hey vik, I see you posts in the UGA thread, too. I'm a FL resident, same boat. Are you leaning towards a certain way UF vs UGA?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

grobbelski

Bronze

Post by grobbelski » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 pm

tigerlilly17 wrote:Went "Reviewed by Committee; Decision pending" on Friday.

Tigerlily, I for one can say we'd be happy to have you here at UF :wink:

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Under review by committee. I'm nervous.

My GPA sucks but a 162 is a point above last year's median and I have WE at a prestigious employer in Florida. Retaking the LSAT in a week and a half so if I get higher, I can possibly apply through the secondary pool.

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

msv5010

New

Post by msv5010 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm right around there too. 162/3.4, Decision pending since 12/17. I'm really hoping that changes soon.

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:18 pm

rad law wrote:
missvik218 wrote: I was "held" in whatever capacity a "Reviewed by committee; Decision pending" signifies. It's certainly not a definitely WL. Just hang in there, all it means is that they're not sure sure yet.
Hey vik, I see you posts in the UGA thread, too. I'm a FL resident, same boat. Are you leaning towards a certain way UF vs UGA?
I don't see how "decision pending" is indicative of a hold at all. I agree with the above poster that it just means they are taking more time to make a final decision. Even FSU changes your status to "HOLD" when you are being held.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:25 pm

gatorlion wrote:
rad law wrote:
I don't see how "decision pending" is indicative of a hold at all. I agree with the above poster that it just means they are taking more time to make a final decision. Even FSU changes your status to "HOLD" when you are being held.
Saying "we're gonna have to come back to this one later and give it another look" IS putting you on hold.

On the flipside, it's not that bad. Batches of acceptances will start rolling around soon.

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:40 pm

"Current Status: Reviewed by committee; decision pending
Current Status Date: 1/14/2010"

Damn.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”