Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
call-me-bubbles

Bronze

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by call-me-bubbles » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:26 am

Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:41 am

call-me-bubbles wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just got a notification that something was sent to me from Mount Juliet, TN. It should be arriving Friday but I'm fairly sure it's related to Vandy.
Is there anything else that might be coming your way from Mount Juliet? That's about 40 minutes away from Nashville, where Vanderbilt is, so I'm not sure why they'd be sending mail from Mount Juliet, but of course it's possible. (And I certainly hope it's from Vandy, because I'm going crazy until they start releasing decisions!)
I have no orders from TN haha so it would seem likely that it's them...I'm like 99% sure and likely that's where the mail center is!

call-me-bubbles

Bronze

Post by call-me-bubbles » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:05 am

Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pizzagoblin

Bronze

Post by pizzagoblin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 am

taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Just got a notification that something was sent to me from Mount Juliet, TN. It should be arriving Friday but I'm fairly sure it's related to Vandy.
Is there anything else that might be coming your way from Mount Juliet? That's about 40 minutes away from Nashville, where Vanderbilt is, so I'm not sure why they'd be sending mail from Mount Juliet, but of course it's possible. (And I certainly hope it's from Vandy, because I'm going crazy until they start releasing decisions!)
I have no orders from TN haha so it would seem likely that it's them...I'm like 99% sure and likely that's where the mail center is!
How do you sign up for alerts?

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:10 am

call-me-bubbles wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
Ok, good deal! And did it say anything about how heavy the package is? I've seen that the Vanderbilt acceptance package weighs, like, 5 pounds. Was this a FedEx alert?
I get alerts when packages are mailed to my house via USPS. So it was via them and it's a priority mail package that was insured. It's currently in Nashville, TN and expected delivery is still Friday

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pizzagoblin

Bronze

Post by pizzagoblin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:27 am

taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
Ok, good deal! And did it say anything about how heavy the package is? I've seen that the Vanderbilt acceptance package weighs, like, 5 pounds. Was this a FedEx alert?
I get alerts when packages are mailed to my house via USPS. So it was via them and it's a priority mail package that was insured. It's currently in Nashville, TN and expected delivery is still Friday
Hmm didn't Vandy use FedEx last year?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze

Post by Rich Uncle Skeleton » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:31 am

pizzagoblin wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
I also thought they were sending acceptances via email before the package went out?

call-me-bubbles

Bronze

Post by call-me-bubbles » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:36 am

Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stratton_oakmont

New

Post by stratton_oakmont » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:54 am

pizzagoblin wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
I was pretty sure they used FedEx for most of the recent cycles. That's why I signed up for the FedEx alerts lol. Maybe they are changing it up this cycle though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pizzagoblin

Bronze

Post by pizzagoblin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:57 am

stratton_oakmont wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
I was pretty sure they used FedEx for most of the recent cycles. That's why I signed up for the FedEx alerts lol. Maybe they are changing it up this cycle though.
Fingers crossed! Keep us posted, taxman.

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:13 am

stratton_oakmont wrote:
pizzagoblin wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
taxman14 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:
The viewbook they sent out in September generated the same alert via USPS and I have nothing else being sent from TN so 99% sure it's them

katthegreat11

Bronze

Post by katthegreat11 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:55 am

How do you sign up for USPS and FedEx alerts??? This is magic!

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:29 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:How do you sign up for USPS and FedEx alerts??? This is magic!
No clue about fedex but for USPS you go to their site and register for an account then register your address

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jlc058

Bronze

Post by jlc058 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:53 pm

The viewbook they sent out in September generated the same alert via USPS and I have nothing else being sent from TN so 99% sure it's them

When did your application go complete?

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:59 pm

jlc058 wrote:I was pretty sure they used FedEx for most of the recent cycles. That's why I signed up for the FedEx alerts lol. Maybe they are changing it up this cycle though.

you can check my LSN and 9/27. I had my interview right around then too

katthegreat11

Bronze

Post by katthegreat11 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:02 pm

taxman14 wrote:
jlc058 wrote:I was pretty sure they used FedEx for most of the recent cycles. That's why I signed up for the FedEx alerts lol. Maybe they are changing it up this cycle though.

you can check my LSN and 9/27. I had my interview right around then too
Hm well I just signed up for USPS and nothing. I went complete 9/28 and had my interview 11/1. Above both 75ths.

BrittanyJeream

Bronze

Post by BrittanyJeream » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Has anyone's status updated to UR? Does Vandy not do that? I've been "complete" since 10/31.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

caitlinrw

Bronze

Post by caitlinrw » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:30 pm

BrittanyJeream wrote:Has anyone's status updated to UR? Does Vandy not do that? I've been "complete" since 10/31.
No, still complete since 10/5.

aaron1621

New

Post by aaron1621 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:11 am

Looking at last years thread, we should hopefully see first decisions come out soon.

amberb94

Bronze

Post by amberb94 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:26 am

aaron1621 wrote:Looking at last years thread, we should hopefully see first decisions come out soon.
So no one has gotten a decision yet? I had my interview yesterday and I was hoping to get an answer soon-ish.

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:35 am

Again 99% sure that I'll know by tomorrow given the package I'm supposed to receive from TN. I'll update you!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

studyingeveryday

Silver

Post by studyingeveryday » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:38 am

taxman14 wrote:Again 99% sure that I'll know by tomorrow given the package I'm supposed to receive from TN. I'll update you!

Thanks! Do you mind letting us know what your status checker says?

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:43 am

FYI your status checker probably doesn't update until you receive your admissions package b/c your interviewer also sees when you're admitted and they don't want us ruining the surprise.

taxman14

Silver

Post by taxman14 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:14 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:
taxman14 wrote:Again 99% sure that I'll know by tomorrow given the package I'm supposed to receive from TN. I'll update you!

Thanks! Do you mind letting us know what your status checker says?
To echo Mlk&Ckies - no updates on my status checker yet, but also the website was updated so I'm positive I'll find out tomorrow. Will update y'all!

lcsslily

New

Post by lcsslily » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:07 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:
lcsslily wrote:Question about the interviews...

I originally was going to do a local alumni interview, but have come to find out the closest alums are over 2 hours away from me. So, I don't really want to travel that far for the interview, but am a bit nervous about a skype interview. Would canceling my interview hurt me/would it look bad to go back now? Thanks!
I signed up for the in person, but because of schedule conflicts, it looked like there wouldn't be a time I could meet my interviewer despite living in the same city. So I proposed a phone call as an alternative and they were fine with that!
How long did it take to get the interviewer's information. Mine just says interview requested and I was hoping to be able to put a date on when I might be receiving said information. Also, did you receive an email or do you have to check on the interview website? Thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”