UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jesinka90
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:52 pm

UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby jesinka90 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Here is to UC Davis Law School. Submitted on 10/20. Good luck to everyone!

User avatar
Harry_Pluxen
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Checking in.

User avatar
gastronomy
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby gastronomy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:16 pm

.
Last edited by gastronomy on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scalvert
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Scalvert » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:07 pm

Submitted in Sept, have been under review forever. Looks like first acceptances went out mid-November last year, so we should hear something soon.

jesinka90
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby jesinka90 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Scalvert wrote:Submitted in Sept, have been under review forever. Looks like first acceptances went out mid-November last year, so we should hear something soon.


Ahh thank you for the info! I have been under review since 11/6. Hope we hear something soon!

User avatar
sbenj
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:13 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby sbenj » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:37 am

Checking in also! Just submit today

HastingsHopeful
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby HastingsHopeful » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:45 pm

Checking in. Submitted 10/23, under review for what feels like a year, although I think it was early November. 165 LSAT but far sub 25th GPA, so I don't feel great about my chances, but I've got my fingers crossed!

lolschool87
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby lolschool87 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:48 pm

1L at King Hall. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the school.

User avatar
San Diegan chick
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby San Diegan chick » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Checking in. Submitted on 9/25 and went complete on 10/1.

User avatar
Xnegd
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Xnegd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Checking in

Went complete Nov 10th.......which was super weird as the LSAC didn't send them my CAS report until the 13th, but whatever. :-)

Am hoping I get in and praying for a scholarship (though my stats are not great). I was waitlisted in 2010 and the whole experience was really funny. They kept e-mailing me (and other waitlisters) to ask us how much we really wanted to go, and to please withdraw if they weren't our first choice, because they wanted to make sure they could admit as many people that wanted to go as necessary.

Thought it was a real class act, and it showed they cared about their students. Debt aside, I think going here would be a great experience.

User avatar
Harry_Pluxen
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Xnegd wrote:Checking in

Went complete Nov 10th.......which was super weird as the LSAC didn't send them my CAS report until the 13th, but whatever. :-)

Am hoping I get in and praying for a scholarship (though my stats are not great). I was waitlisted in 2010 and the whole experience was really funny. They kept e-mailing me (and other waitlisters) to ask us how much we really wanted to go, and to please withdraw if they weren't our first choice, because they wanted to make sure they could admit as many people that wanted to go as necessary.

Thought it was a real class act, and it showed they cared about their students. Debt aside, I think going here would be a great experience.


You seem to have an interesting story about each school.

User avatar
Xnegd
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Xnegd » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Harry_Pluxen wrote:
Xnegd wrote:Checking in

Went complete Nov 10th.......which was super weird as the LSAC didn't send them my CAS report until the 13th, but whatever. :-)

Am hoping I get in and praying for a scholarship (though my stats are not great). I was waitlisted in 2010 and the whole experience was really funny. They kept e-mailing me (and other waitlisters) to ask us how much we really wanted to go, and to please withdraw if they weren't our first choice, because they wanted to make sure they could admit as many people that wanted to go as necessary.

Thought it was a real class act, and it showed they cared about their students. Debt aside, I think going here would be a great experience.


You seem to have an interesting story about each school.


Cheers! I must be an interesting person! :D :D

herewego321
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby herewego321 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Checking in applied early Nov and just found out tht my app is under review. Davis community seems really nice and supportive

User avatar
San Diegan chick
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby San Diegan chick » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Omg just got the email. I'm in!!
Best thanksgiving eve ever :D

Scalvert
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Scalvert » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:38 pm

San Diegan chick wrote:Omg just got the email. I'm in!!
Best thanksgiving eve ever :D


Congrats!! I just got my email as well. I didn't figure on hearing anything over the holiday!

User avatar
lolRCscrewyou
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby lolRCscrewyou » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:47 am

Scalvert wrote:
San Diegan chick wrote:Omg just got the email. I'm in!!
Best thanksgiving eve ever :D


Congrats!! I just got my email as well. I didn't figure on hearing anything over the holiday!


When did you two apply, if you don't mind me asking?

Scalvert
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Scalvert » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:43 am

lolRCscrewyou wrote:
Scalvert wrote:
San Diegan chick wrote:Omg just got the email. I'm in!!
Best thanksgiving eve ever :D


Congrats!! I just got my email as well. I didn't figure on hearing anything over the holiday!


When did you two apply, if you don't mind me asking?


I applied early September.

User avatar
San Diegan chick
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby San Diegan chick » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:07 pm

lolRCscrewyou wrote:
Scalvert wrote:
San Diegan chick wrote:Omg just got the email. I'm in!!
Best thanksgiving eve ever :D


Congrats!! I just got my email as well. I didn't figure on hearing anything over the holiday!


When did you two apply, if you don't mind me asking?


I applied on 9/25.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby md22 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Checking in! Applied 9/28 with Early Decision. Today is the deadline for their response but I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they haven't forgotten me!

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9421
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Post removed...

Postby amta » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by amta on Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Harry_Pluxen
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:34 pm

amtaDA916 wrote:Submitting next week. I went to Davis UG so if you have in Davis as a place to live question, feel free to ask.


Is Sacramento a thing over there? What I mean is, since Davis is a small city, do a lot of students head to Sacramento for entertainment, movies, restaurants, etc.

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9421
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Post removed...

Postby amta » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by amta on Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Xnegd
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Xnegd » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:44 pm

amtaDA916 wrote:
Harry_Pluxen wrote:
amtaDA916 wrote:Submitting next week. I went to Davis UG so if you have in Davis as a place to live question, feel free to ask.


Is Sacramento a thing over there? What I mean is, since Davis is a small city, do a lot of students head to Sacramento for entertainment, movies, restaurants, etc.


I would say that a good majority of Davis students just stay in Davis. There's decent nightlife, some great restaurants, etc. Sacramento is a cool city, lots of stuff to do too, but Davis students don't often venture across the causeway. Although, lots of students work in Sacramento.


Agreed - Davis is cool enough where what little freedom we have next year will be well spent. If still there, they even have an independent movie theater which was awesome, bowling on campus, etc.

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9421
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Post removed...

Postby amta » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by amta on Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Harry_Pluxen
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2019 Applicants

Postby Harry_Pluxen » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Can any current students (in the law school) comment on recruiting? Where do most firms & agencies come from during OCI? Bay area or Sacramento?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: appind, black_mirror, blackmamba8, blargal, bookshelves, catnamedcat, ChiaOut, Delta887, ebrook93, fedeg360, FN-2187, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hellohello123, heyduchess, jibrahim23, loulev19, Menchie, mhad, missmiabuttface, OtisRedding24, pizzapocky, randomtlsaccount, tominusprime, urmlaw17, Yahoo [Bot] and 55 guests