EMORY WAITLIST Class of 2018 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BM_1993

New

Re: EMORY WAITLIST Class of 2018

Post by BM_1993 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:30 am

Any movement? Called admissions and they said there has been movement. On the RW and she denied that there is anything of the sort. She said it was only for administrative purposes but the waitlist applicant pool is NOT ranked and therefore open to both regular and PW. I am so confused with the multiple angles Emory is coming with. It's been almost a week after second deposit deadline, no WL offers reported?

Danimals18

Silver

Post by Danimals18 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Last edited by Danimals18 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tklilley

New

Post by Tklilley » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Danimals18 wrote:
BM_1993 wrote:Any movement? Called admissions and they said there has been movement. On the RW and she denied that there is anything of the sort. She said it was only for administrative purposes but the waitlist applicant pool is NOT ranked and therefore open to both regular and PW. I am so confused with the multiple angles Emory is coming with. It's been almost a week after second deposit deadline, no WL offers reported?
Just so I'm clear - they denied that there is a regular waitlist?
Just spoke to admissions as well and they told me the same thing, the waitlist isn't ranked. However, they weren't able to give me a clear answer as to how priority/regular applies and why it's needed if the waitlist isn't ranked

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Two different pools can be different from each pool ranked 1 2 3...

LadyProspero

Bronze

Post by LadyProspero » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:57 pm

Anyone know when that last seat deposit was/is? Any movement?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Tklilley

New

Post by Tklilley » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Looks like someone was accepted off the waitlist yesterday, nut otherwise no word

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:11 am

I didn't even know there was a priority wailist until I read this! It's really upset that Emory never replies to my LOCI :(
Since I really don't have any new achivement recently, I have no idea what I should write about if sending another LOCI. A friend suggests me to tell the university that I could cover all the cost and has no need for finacial aid. Do you guys think that would help?

aeu8690

New

Post by aeu8690 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:58 am

Don't write a second loci, in the e-mail i got putting me on the waitlist it explicitly said you could write one LOCI. i don't think you should write another LOCI unless you have something new to tell them which it seems like you don't. You can write an e-mail to the Dean of admissions asking about the wait list and the priority wait list or something, and maybe mention in passing how eager you are to go to Emory. Leave the money part out, if you are on the regular waitlist and still eager to go at this point, I think they will understand that financial aid won't be a factor in your decision. That spares you the indignity of bringing up money.

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:59 am

aeu8690 wrote:Don't write a second loci, in the e-mail i got putting me on the waitlist it explicitly said you could write one LOCI. i don't think you should write another LOCI unless you have something new to tell them which it seems like you don't. You can write an e-mail to the Dean of admissions asking about the wait list and the priority wait list or something, and maybe mention in passing how eager you are to go to Emory. Leave the money part out, if you are on the regular waitlist and still eager to go at this point, I think they will understand that financial aid won't be a factor in your decision. That spares you the indignity of bringing up money.
Good point! Thanks a lot.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:03 pm

aeu8690 wrote:Don't write a second loci, in the e-mail i got putting me on the waitlist it explicitly said you could write one LOCI. i don't think you should write another LOCI unless you have something new to tell them which it seems like you don't. You can write an e-mail to the Dean of admissions asking about the wait list and the priority wait list or something, and maybe mention in passing how eager you are to go to Emory. Leave the money part out, if you are on the regular waitlist and still eager to go at this point, I think they will understand that financial aid won't be a factor in your decision. That spares you the indignity of bringing up money.
Where can I get the email address of the Dean of admission? Or should I send the email to jdadmission@emory.edu?

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:07 am

I emailed Dean Rosenzweig to ask about my position, and he replied my very soon, yet telling me that they are unable to admit me this year...My heart is broken...

Tklilley

New

Post by Tklilley » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:35 am

sophiayang wrote:I emailed Dean Rosenzweig to ask about my position, and he replied my very soon, yet telling me that they are unable to admit me this year...My heart is broken...
I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope your other plans work out well for you! If you don't mind me asking, what did you say to him in your e-mail?

sophiayang

New

Post by sophiayang » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Tklilley wrote:
sophiayang wrote:I emailed Dean Rosenzweig to ask about my position, and he replied my very soon, yet telling me that they are unable to admit me this year...My heart is broken...
I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope your other plans work out well for you! If you don't mind me asking, what did you say to him in your e-mail?
I said that I had just learnt about their priority waitlist, therefore wondering of my chance of being admitted off the regular waitlist. That's all. I do appreciate it that he helps me to focus on other plans, yet it hurts...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hopeful99

New

Post by hopeful99 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:54 am

After hearing back from schools yesterday I sent an email and received a reply from the Dean saying a spot was open and he wanted to know my level of interest. After stating it was my top choice he cc'ed the vice dean to have a call with. I spoke to the vice dean last night where at the end of the conversation he stated I should hear back today or Monday at the latest. I'm literally freaking out and hoping this is good as I haven't heard of this happening normally... :shock: :shock:
I haven't had much sleep and my appetite is low b/c I'm so nervous.

Cassandra123

New

Post by Cassandra123 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:13 am

Wow, good luck! What are your new stats? PM me if you want.

hopeful99

New

Post by hopeful99 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Accepted with $$$. Will be withdrawing from GW, WashU, and BU which I heard from earlier this week.

Don't lose heart and stay strong!

BM_1993

New

Post by BM_1993 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:52 pm

Everyone get the "Emory Law Update" that went out about an hour ago?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:56 pm

BM_1993 wrote:Everyone get the "Emory Law Update" that went out about an hour ago?
I did, and it seemed to be quite personalized given the language. I also withdrew about a month ago, and resent my withdrawal today. I hope someone gets any spot that I may have and with $$$ too!! Good luck y'all!! :)

kapenak

New

Post by kapenak » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:36 pm

BM_1993 wrote:Everyone get the "Emory Law Update" that went out about an hour ago?
I did as well. You guys think it means anything or is just a routine update email sent out to everyone?

Danimals18

Silver

Post by Danimals18 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:32 am

Last edited by Danimals18 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyProspero

Bronze

Post by LadyProspero » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:03 am

I also got the email, and proceeded to withdraw (I'm reapplying this cycle). Good luck those still waiting!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”