Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Stage are you at?

No JS1
57
41%
Pre-Waitlist JS1
27
20%
Post-Waitlist JS1
14
10%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and Rejection
0
No votes
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS1b
1
1%
Pre-Waitlist JS1 and JS2
17
12%
Rejection
3
2%
Post Waitlist JS1 Rejection
1
1%
Post Waitlist JS1 and JS2
18
13%
 
Total votes: 138

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:43 pm

i was more referring to the dates.

First dings last year went out on june 17 page 40 of last years thread (out of 42)
next reported interview july 23
3 reported admits after first dings: two on july 30, one on august 20

i think the dates hold more significance than the number of waves.

TexasLonghorn15
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby TexasLonghorn15 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:18 pm

Lurker here just curious about why I wasn't dinged last week? Im in some weird limbo space I feel; what is the benefit to Harvard in having me stay on the waitlist, especially if they would continue to interview people into the summer? I know people who have interviewed after me and gotten in, so what is the value in keeping me on?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:25 pm

TexasLonghorn15 wrote:Lurker here just curious about why I wasn't dinged last week? Im in some weird limbo space I feel; what is the benefit to Harvard in having me stay on the waitlist, especially if they would continue to interview people into the summer? I know people who have interviewed after me and gotten in, so what is the value in keeping me on?


Well they haven't done any more interviews yet, so you might be in line before them per se

Just speculation tho

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby andthenIwaslike » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:24 pm

The thinker wrote:3 reported admits after first dings: two on july 30, one on august 20


Wow, there were really only three admits after the waves last year? Yikes.

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:58 pm

andthenIwaslike wrote:
The thinker wrote:3 reported admits after first dings: two on july 30, one on august 20


Wow, there were really only three admits after the waves last year? Yikes.


i think i missed one so 4 but thats admits reported on TLS there could be more

OxOx1986
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby OxOx1986 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:08 am

It looks like there were dings in late August/early September last year. Are there typically rejections in July as well?

SunnySinceWhen
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby SunnySinceWhen » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:23 pm

TexasLonghorn15 wrote:Lurker here just curious about why I wasn't dinged last week? Im in some weird limbo space I feel; what is the benefit to Harvard in having me stay on the waitlist, especially if they would continue to interview people into the summer? I know people who have interviewed after me and gotten in, so what is the value in keeping me on?


I haven't gotten any updates in months either (unchanged since 3/31). Just got my NYU housing assignment, so I'm starting to wonder how long it's worth holding out.

Quick edit: GPA 75th, LSAT <25th, H graduate degree and a couple letters from professors in my home department (only one of whom does collaborative work with the law school). Listing that combination makes me pretty identifiable to lurking admissions officials, but I don't think it would reflect too badly on me.

mernburg
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby mernburg » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Just got dinged, good luck to everyone else!

lujanj7
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby lujanj7 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi all... I'm still riding the waitlist. No interviews or anything yet. However, I just took the June LSAT and improved my score by 4 points. What do you guys think is the best way of informing them of the jump in score? Obviously I plan on emailing them, but I'm stuck when I try to think of how that email would go, lol.

User avatar
ku546
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:41 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby ku546 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 pm

lujanj7 wrote:Hi all... I'm still riding the waitlist. No interviews or anything yet. However, I just took the June LSAT and improved my score by 4 points. What do you guys think is the best way of informing them of the jump in score? Obviously I plan on emailing them, but I'm stuck when I try to think of how that email would go, lol.


Dear Mr/Mrs (Head of admissions),
I was placed on the waitlist in (March?). I wanted to notify the admissions committee that I took the June LSAT and received a 17x, which was a 4 point increase from my previous high score. I have sent an official score report to Harvard via LSAC for your records. I hope this will help my prospect for admission off of the waitlist as Harvard is my top choice for law school. I will definitely attend if accepted (state if this is true). Please confirm receipt.
Thank you,
lujanj

GL

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby andthenIwaslike » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:58 pm

mernburg wrote:Just got dinged, good luck to everyone else!


That sucks, I'm sorry. Any other dings today?

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:03 pm

andthenIwaslike wrote:
mernburg wrote:Just got dinged, good luck to everyone else!


That sucks, I'm sorry. Any other dings today?


one reported on LSN

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:35 am

lujanj7 wrote:Hi all... I'm still riding the waitlist. No interviews or anything yet. However, I just took the June LSAT and improved my score by 4 points. What do you guys think is the best way of informing them of the jump in score? Obviously I plan on emailing them, but I'm stuck when I try to think of how that email would go, lol.


Id probably just reapply unless you need to go this cycle. If you were on the H WL already a 4 point increase is probably going to yield some very nice results at the other T14 next year

User avatar
thequeen
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby thequeen » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Everyone, I just realized that I never submitted a phone number with my application and my status checker doesn't have one active.

What should I do? Should I send an email to admissions with it? Or would they just email me to notify me of any potential acceptance if I'm accepted off the waitlist?

Chill_Out
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby Chill_Out » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Email the office a request to add your phone number to your application file.

thequeen wrote:Everyone, I just realized that I never submitted a phone number with my application and my status checker doesn't have one active.

What should I do? Should I send an email to admissions with it? Or would they just email me to notify me of any potential acceptance if I'm accepted off the waitlist?

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:11 pm

Does anyone have intel on the waitlist status of other schools that might take Harvard enrolls? That is, what do we know about the nature of the Yale and Stanford Waitlists in regards to movements here on out? If the movement is negligible, then we are relying on extenuating circumstances (family and otherwise) that require withdraw. While considering the class size of Harvard in comparison to Stanford and Yale, there are likely to be students accepted to Harvard that would be on the waitlist at one or both of these schools. That being said it would likely improve chances is significant movement is to come.

also kinda just want to see who else is still super obsessed after 9+ months of waiting

User avatar
andthenIwaslike
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby andthenIwaslike » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:27 am

The thinker wrote:also kinda just want to see who else is still super obsessed after 9+ months of waiting

User avatar
HungarianGirl13
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby HungarianGirl13 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:03 am

Denied this morning. Good luck to all of those still waiting!

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby w0w » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:12 am

HungarianGirl13 wrote:Denied this morning. Good luck to all of those still waiting!



Wow- sorry to hear this. I didn't know this was still happening.

User avatar
smile0751
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby smile0751 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:19 am

HungarianGirl13 wrote:Denied this morning. Good luck to all of those still waiting!



Same here. Oh well.... I've already moved to the town of my selected law school. It's been a long, long ride (over 10 months).

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:31 am

Denied as well good luck to those left

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby w0w » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:42 am

The thinker wrote:Denied as well good luck to those left


What time did you get the email? I see they are clearing their list. Would be nice to know if the emails all came a while ago or if thy are still trickling.

The thinker
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby The thinker » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:45 am

w0w wrote:
The thinker wrote:Denied as well good luck to those left


What time did you get the email? I see they are clearing their list. Would be nice to know if the emails all came a while ago or if thy are still trickling.


1040

User avatar
w0w
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby w0w » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:50 am

The thinker wrote:
w0w wrote:
The thinker wrote:Denied as well good luck to those left


What time did you get the email? I see they are clearing their list. Would be nice to know if the emails all came a while ago or if thy are still trickling.


1040

Thanks, I'm bracing myself...

kamehameha
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: Harvard Law School c/o 2018 Waitlist

Postby kamehameha » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:23 pm

is anyone pre-js1 still alive?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles and 7 guests