- Posts: 119
- Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:10 pm
FourtyFour wrote:In!!! 157/3.26, Military Service as a Soft, Out of State.
Very excited to get in at a top 50, much less somewhere like Iowa. From what I have read the school has a yellow ribbon program and charges in-state tuition for veterans as well.
Definitely my top choice, does anyone know much about the career paths of out of state students who are looking to practice outside the state? If outside prospects are not good, how is the market in-state?
But you might get better answers if you post in the Iowa thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=236124
- Ron Don Volante
- Posts: 899
- Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm
1) the person is a resident of Iowa or a state in the immediate vicinity
2) the person plans to practice in Iowa or a state in the immediate vicinity
3) the person has modest goals and will not require a large salary, for one reason or another, for the foreseeable future
4) the person would not graduate with more than maybe 60-80K in debt
As I get the feeling you won't meet most of these, you're probably better suited to go to a school that serves the region you want to be in long-term. Law school is not a good time to temporarily try out a new region, at least when you're not considering top-flight schools.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: albinododobird, Bojack93, bpc3qh, bubblebat, Bush v. Gorgeous, cj385, Everythingimnot, H2M211, HometownFavorite, kippercd, lawdaddy1, lawschoolbound8, Lawschooolapplicant, LSATuration, LSstudent, OtisRedding24, Platopus, sailcar, TheMule, TLSPoster32, tony_dirko, wmbuff and 39 guests