Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
susie1

New

Re: Georgetown Wait-List 2014-2015

Post by susie1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:32 pm

WhatCouldHaveBeen wrote:Has anyone received the feeler email and call then nothing since...other than me?! And yes to also being a reverse splitter.

I responded to feeler email the week before last and had feeler call last Wednesday, nothing since. My general message was my interest is very high but I'd need to see how all the financials played out were I to receive an offer. Seems like most people heard the day of or after the call. Not sure if it's bad sign or not I haven't heard, but also not losing sleep over it because I am happy with where I am currently headed. Maybe I wasn't over the top enthusiastic enough? Debating whether to send an email follow up reiterating (/ more strongly conveying) interest...
i don't know if it helps, but the guy i spoke to said that i should hear back from georgetown over the next few hours after my feeler call but i ended up not hearing anything from them all day so i called him back the next day and told him i never heard back and he spoke to the coordinator and i ended up getting an email from georgetown saying i was accepted like 10 minutes after that phone call. maybe their system is screwed up? doesn't hurt to call!

carolinagirl723

New

Post by carolinagirl723 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Kaizen428 wrote:
monkeyKT wrote:Does anyone know whether the update today went out to everyone across all the waitlists?

Furthermore, was this the same language they used last year? Or is it truly a fuller class....
I got the email update today and I also got the feeler email last week but never heard back after I responded. Regular waitlist.

+1 but PWL

ckyo01

New

Post by ckyo01 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:28 pm

responded to the latest email update from them- havent gotten a reply indicating receipt of my response. anyone in the same boat?

ku546

Bronze

Post by ku546 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:31 pm

ckyo01 wrote:responded to the latest email update from them- havent gotten a reply indicating receipt of my response. anyone in the same boat?
+1. They do keep good track of everything though. I once called and they had the dates and type of correspondences all listed out - including postal mail.

AwesomeLawyer

New

Post by AwesomeLawyer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:00 pm

withdrew from the Preferred Waitlist after the latest request for continued interest email. good luck to everyone remaining!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hala92

New

Post by hala92 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:28 pm

just admitted, after all these weeks.

monkeyKT

Bronze

Post by monkeyKT » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Last edited by monkeyKT on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stephcurryisbomb

New

Post by stephcurryisbomb » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:32 pm

withdrew today. good luck everybody

lmm92

New

Post by lmm92 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:41 am

Got a call today saying that I am in off the waitlist and should expect an email with my acceptance. In off the regular waitlist. 162 LSAT / 3.78 gpa (reverse splitter). I sent one formal LOCI via snail mail, one reminder email of my interest before the first deposit deadline, and three emails afterwards reminding adcomm of my commitment (one was in response to the feeler email, one was direct to Alison Spada, and one was after the early June mass email). I also visited and attended an info session in early April.

Good luck everyone. Keep fighting if you really feel Georgetown is the place for you!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hjkim84

New

Post by hjkim84 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:28 pm

got a feeler skype call two days ago and an email today telling me I've been accepted. Was on the PWL. 168 LSAT / 3.54 GPA with an MS in pharmacology. Good luck everybody.

pta

Gold

Post removed...

Post by pta » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PumaPounce

New

Post by PumaPounce » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Peta wrote:Feels like everyone's getting phone calls/emails of a lifetime except for me. Not losing hope though.
Don't worry, I'm in the same boat.

JTIII

New

Post by JTIII » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:49 pm

Post Removed
Last edited by JTIII on Tue May 24, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ku546

Bronze

Post by ku546 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Someone with a 159/3.9 got accepted from the WL yesterday. Looks like theres still hope
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/mrf312

teresa-z

New

Post by teresa-z » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Got an email asking for my plan last Friday. Replied the same day. Does anyone know when should I expect to hear back from the school ?

Cpt Zapp Brannigan

New

Post by Cpt Zapp Brannigan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:44 pm

teresa-z wrote:Got an email asking for my plan last Friday. Replied the same day. Does anyone know when should I expect to hear back from the school ?
From this forum and others, some people get accepted next business day or within the week but I seem to recall reading on a past thread one person was accepted like 2 weeks after responding to a feeler email. Others never get the call. Mixed bag. I think you'll hear back by Friday, I think that's when I they will cull the herd of WL people and ding a bunch of us still waiting. GL, the fact you got that email is a good sign.

pta

Gold

Post removed...

Post by pta » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:39 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pta on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ku546

Bronze

Post by ku546 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Just got dinged. Everyone else get this e-mail?

"Final Update From Georgetown Law"

Dear X,

As we now head into late June, our deposits remain very strong and, as a result, the Committee on Admissions will not be able to offer you admission to Georgetown University Law Center this fall. Your placement on the Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. Consequently, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you this year.

We appreciate your interest in our program and wish you success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law

secadc11

Silver

Post by secadc11 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:04 pm

ku546 wrote:Just got dinged. Everyone else get this e-mail?

Dear X,

As we now head into late June, our deposits remain very strong and, as a result, the Committee on Admissions will not be able to offer you admission to Georgetown University Law Center this fall. Your placement on the Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. Consequently, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you this year.

We appreciate your interest in our program and wish you success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law
They're keeping some on.

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:49 pm

LSN activity for the past 30 days
A - 1
A, A - 4
A, W - 6
R - 1
WL - 2
WL,W - 7
WL,A - 1
WL,A and A - 2
WL,A and W - 2

In the past 30 days we have
6 attending
6 accepted who gave up their seats which we have been told is over subscribed, so that isn't necessarily any open spot for someone to move into
9 who decided to stop the roller coaster and get off the ride

As always, a smaller sample size and self-reported, so use with your own discretion

Kaizen428

New

Post by Kaizen428 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Dear X,

Sincerely,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law
No. I think some people got this one:

Now that it’s mid- June, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things do sometimes have a way of changing quickly. We’re monitoring the class on a daily basis and we’re still hopeful that we will be able to contact you with good news in the future.

While we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what’s going on. Our next upcoming deadline is July 27th when the tuition payment is due for the current entering class. We promise you another update by July 30th, if you haven’t heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email at as soon as possible at admis@law.georgetown.edu.

As always, we thank you for all of your patience with this process.

Best,

Andy

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ek5dn

Bronze

Post by ek5dn » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Kaizen428 wrote:

Dear X,

Sincerely,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law
No. I think some people got this one:

Now that it’s mid- June, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things do sometimes have a way of changing quickly. We’re monitoring the class on a daily basis and we’re still hopeful that we will be able to contact you with good news in the future.

While we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what’s going on. Our next upcoming deadline is July 27th when the tuition payment is due for the current entering class. We promise you another update by July 30th, if you haven’t heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email at as soon as possible at admis@law.georgetown.edu.

Best,

Andy
+1

trojanleprechaun

New

Post by trojanleprechaun » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:12 pm

I got this one, which is pretty much the same:

Now that it’s mid-June, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things do sometimes have a way of changing quickly. We’re monitoring the class on a daily basis and we’re still hopeful that we will be able to contact you with good news in the future.

As you know, you are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you’re able to hang on a little bit longer. But, while we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what’s going on. As I mentioned before, our next upcoming deadline is July 27th when the tuition payment is due for the current entering class. We will give you another update by July 30th, if you haven’t heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email as soon as possible at admis@law.georgetown.edu.

malibustacy

Bronze

Post by malibustacy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Slight difference in mine. Had absolutely no plans to attend Georgetown, and he mentions on me not sending any form of continued interest since getting placed on the waitlist. So I think moral of the story is that demonstrating interest makes quite a difference.

Now that it’s mid-June, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things do sometimes have a way of changing quickly. We’re monitoring the class on a daily basis in case things do change.

Your placement on the Preferred Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. And since we have not heard from you recently expressing your interest in attending Georgetown, we will not be considering you for admission should a space become available. If you are interested in being considered if a space opens, please contact our office with your interest. Otherwise, we wish you much success in your future endeavors.

ek5dn

Bronze

Post by ek5dn » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:36 am

malibustacy wrote:Slight difference in mine. Had absolutely no plans to attend Georgetown, and he mentions on me not sending any form of continued interest since getting placed on the waitlist. So I think moral of the story is that demonstrating interest makes quite a difference.

Now that it’s mid-June, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things do sometimes have a way of changing quickly. We’re monitoring the class on a daily basis in case things do change.

Your placement on the Preferred Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. And since we have not heard from you recently expressing your interest in attending Georgetown, we will not be considering you for admission should a space become available. If you are interested in being considered if a space opens, please contact our office with your interest. Otherwise, we wish you much success in your future endeavors.
If you have no interest in attending Georgetown, please withdraw!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”