IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
azoraraine

New

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by azoraraine » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:22 am

Ginger123 wrote:Az, anything exciting happen today? Has pink eye subsided?
Is that a polite way of asking whether I've crawled into a bottled of scotch in response to getting rejected by Davis :) ? Nope. The pink eye has a hold on us 'cause I'm a sissy and don't want to subject my kids to the meds 5 times a day as prescribed. Don't tell our ped. I am probably helping to breed super pink eye germs by not doing it enough, but - hey - the experts are welcome to come over here and hold my kids down if they want!

I'm just swamped at work. My 3 year old didn't get punched at school today, so I'm good! I will try to find some time to whine about Davis not moving on my app tomorrow. I know how everyone needs a daily dose of that!

Sorry that Biolaw will not be one of you. I know it was the right choice for him/her and his/her SO...but...I liked that person! I hope he kicks sock's ass in moot court (saying that in what I know is a futile effort to rile sock out of retirement)! Brizz's ass too!

How is your doggie? Is the medicine working?

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:23 am

Him Az, him! I forgot that you didn't know my gender, ha. You could have just asked tmo, she's met me for real.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:34 am

OMG I thought you said you DID get rejected from Davis. I felt like my ovaries fell out!

I think retirements at this point are natural. But yes, I'm also sad Bio wont be joining us. We've been this merry band of hoodlums for a while and now he's off to join the kevsocko and pithy and everyone else in them thar city.

BTW Az, I just sent you a request via Facebook.

Bio, you can be an honorary Aggie - as long as you dont fall into the Davis/Hastings hateration. TMO and I are gonna get a pygmy goat to charge on you if you do!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:53 am

Ginger123 wrote:OMG I thought you said you DID get rejected from Davis. I felt like my ovaries fell out!

I think retirements at this point are natural. But yes, I'm also sad Bio wont be joining us. We've been this merry band of hoodlums for a while and now he's off to join the kevsocko and pithy and everyone else in them thar city.

BTW Az, I just sent you a request via Facebook.

Bio, you can be an honorary Aggie - as long as you dont fall into the Davis/Hastings hateration. TMO and I are gonna get a pygmy goat to charge on you if you do!
I'll gladly be an honorary Aggie. I'm from the Sacto area originally, and members of my family went to Davis, so there will be no "hateration".

newtocali

New

Post by newtocali » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:44 am

seat deposit payment was accepted - uc davis law 2011!

see u guys soon!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

oopivyoo

New

Post by oopivyoo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:40 am

I love how almost all of our screen names are the same ones on LSN, and how were also like the only ones who have actually accepted seats.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:35 pm

oopivyoo wrote:I love how almost all of our screen names are the same ones on LSN, and how were also like the only ones who have actually accepted seats.
It's probably more like, we are the only ones anal enough to sit on TLS all day to fret and obsess about our law school futures... and we are the ones anal enough to also make an LSN account :lol:

Faye Valentine

New

Post by Faye Valentine » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:03 pm

What's the deal with the complexes in Davis? I've been calling all of the ones listed on the Davis Wiki as dog friendly, but most of them have been telling me they aren't very friendly to dogs... a girl today told me that most places in Davis aren't dog friendly. I don't get it, I thought Davis was a big dog town?

Splitt3r

Bronze

Post by Splitt3r » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:06 pm

Is anyone going to be in town for picnic day today?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:27 pm

Splitt3r wrote:Is anyone going to be in town for picnic day today?

I originally planned on it, but several students and alumni have told me it is not worth the trip.

emilyk

New

Post by emilyk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:40 pm

I'm here, I'm here! Going back to Hawaii on Monday so my posting will be back to normal.

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:07 pm

I thought you abandoned us, Emily.

emilyk

New

Post by emilyk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Nope, I've just been in LA with my SO for a couple weeks sleeping until noon everyday and getting completely wasted on weekends. :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kevsocko

New

Post by kevsocko » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:35 pm

Maybe i would have a chance to actually consider davis if they would give me a GDAMN DECISION ALREADY

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:08 pm

Faye,

I don't know what's up with the pet thing. Maybe they've been burned too many times by undergrads who get puppies and then leave them all day and night? Good luck!

Picnic Day was the best ever. It didn't rain for once!

I'm still under eval. I've been looking at LSN and I'm thinking WL first week in May. That's my prediction.

Hope everyone is well!

sjordan256

New

Post by sjordan256 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:17 pm

matt79 wrote:

I originally planned on it, but several students and alumni have told me it is not worth the trip.

i'm an undergrad at UCD and i can't believe you were told picnic day isn't worth the trip. if you live in norcal, it's worth the trip...assuming all-day parties at random houses/apartments in downtown davis and bar-hopping are your thing. picnic day is amazing and always something to look forward to. too late now....but if you're going to davis next year then you'll be able to enjoy picnic day 2009!

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:51 pm

sjordan256 wrote:
matt79 wrote:

i'm an undergrad at UCD and i can't believe you were told picnic day isn't worth the trip. if you live in norcal, it's worth the trip...assuming all-day parties at random houses/apartments in downtown davis and bar-hopping are your thing. picnic day is amazing and always something to look forward to. too late now....but if you're going to davis next year then you'll be able to enjoy picnic day 2009!

Well, I am from SoCal, do not drink, and am too old for college parties ;)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:56 pm

sjordan256 wrote:
matt79 wrote:

I agree. Now that I'm old we just pet bugs and milk cows and stuff - but, um, there were some young people who definitely seemed to be enjoying themselves in the houses around campus where I used to live. There really are some fun things to do at the actual event even if you're older. I always like what the wine people have set up - and all the departments seemed to have their geekiest students working hard to get folks excited about whatever their particular obsessions were. Not to mention the dachshund races. Who doesn't love a good dachshund race!?

sjordan256

New

Post by sjordan256 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:55 pm

matt79 wrote:
sjordan256 wrote:
matt79 wrote:

Well, I am from SoCal, do not drink, and am too old for college parties ;)
then it's probably a good thing that you decided to skip it....because all the college kids and alumni probably would have been slightly annoying to be around (myself included haha...at least i can admit it, right?)

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:39 pm

Anyone going to the admitted student/alumni reception in SF this Wednesday?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:06 pm

Bump.

So if no one is going to the SF one tonight, did anyone go to the Sacramento or LA one? Just trying to figure out what to expect. Appetizers and cocktails? Some sort of presentation? Again, appetizers???

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:52 pm

Well, I did go to the admitted student/alumni reception last night. It was in the lobby of an SF firm, pretty casual with a spread of food and some wine and sodas and whatnot. The main thing I took away from the night was again the reoccuring theme of how NICE everyone is and how much they enjoyed their time at Davis. I would say there were many more alums than admitted students, ranging from classes that graduated in the 70s and 80s to the class of 2007. I'm sure it is sort of self selection of who attends these events, but everyone seemed to be in a good place with a good job, mostly with large firms in the city. There were also a couple of professors there that were extremely welcoming and personable - I didn't really get to know any professors at my undergrad but can already tell that it will be a lot different in law school. The head of admissions was there and when I introduced myself to someone while standing next to her, she turned around immediately and said "Oh you're tmo? Welcome, I'm Sharon Pinkney, I saw you gave us your deposit, we are so happy to have you!" I was just shocked that she knew me from Joe Blow - and I REALLY wanted to link arms with her and take her on a walk and ask her to just admit AZ already, but not sure about my persuasion skills as of now so I held back with your best interests in mind AZ :) The current dean was there which was nice since he was not able to make the admitted student day I attended in March. I thought he was adorable and sort of like a character out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or something. Big blue eyes and a piece of fly away curly hair that wouldn't stay down, super jolly (I love men like this). I loved that he seemed to know each alumni by name and where they worked, and they all seemed to know him quite well too. He gave a little speech that was fairly generic, basically just greeting everyone and talking about what Davis has to offer - but with a lot of thrown in humor (again, I thought he was adorable). Apparently he will still be very much a part of the Davis administration but will be taking the back seat for next year while the new dean gets settled so as to let him do his thing.
I'm sure there are other things to report but I'm blabbering on about teeny details that I'm not sure you all care about, so if you have any questions just ask.

Oh, one more thing that I learned that made me want to go home and drink heavily in misery - this guy that graduated in '85 said that when he went to Davis, tuition was $680 a semester, and his apartment was $300 a month. Sigh. Starting salaries at big firms back then was apparently $65K. Sigh again.

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:56 pm

so tuition/semester has risen about 1,996% since when that guy went to school

lol

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Yup. My Mom went to Berkeley undergrad when it was free. What the hell happened UC's??? The Dean actually did say that this was a huge concern and that sadly there is not much they can do about it, so they are trying to get as much grant and scholarship money as possible to balance it out. He basically brought it up to milk money out of the alumni though I think.

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:43 pm

tmo,

You didn't talk me up to the admissions gal? Did my check bounce? :)

Sounds like a good time! Wish I was there, in so many ways...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”