International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby sashafierce » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi guys,

International applicant here creating this thread for support/feedback for my fellow international applicants.

Like last year---> By "international applicants", I mean those of us who did UG abroad and thus do not have a true LSDAS GPA, regardless of the immigration status.

A little background info- superior/October 2013 LSAT 1st time taker/3 years work experience/no major softs/hoping for YHS or CCN.

Feel free to check in :D

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby NapoleonXV » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:58 pm

.
Last edited by NapoleonXV on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gamine
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Gamine » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Checking in. Also did UG in England.

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby NapoleonXV » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:57 pm

.
Last edited by NapoleonXV on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gamine
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Gamine » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 am

NapoleonXV wrote:Hope everyone is going on well with app or LSAT!

A little bit background info: Oxbridge Undergrad, K-JD, Superior, 179 and hoping for YHSCCN



Thanks... will be taking the LSAT in December. Massive well done on that score! I also got a Superior.

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby sashafierce » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:47 am

NapoleonXV wrote:Hope everyone is going on well with app or LSAT!

A little bit background info: Oxbridge Undergrad, K-JD, Superior, 179 and hoping for YHSCCN


Congrats on that score! I am sitting in October with a possible retake in December.

Pazman
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Pazman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:18 am

Have any international's applied/heard back yet? I will be applying later in the cycle, once I have my transcripts and LOR's

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby sashafierce » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Pazman wrote:Have any international's applied/heard back yet? I will be applying later in the cycle, once I have my transcripts and LOR's


I am retaking in December so I will start sending out applications then.

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Babum » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Hey guys!

Long time lurker here. It sucks to see that this thread isn't active, hope we can bring it to a more active level.
Last edited by Babum on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby sashafierce » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Babum wrote:Hey guys!

Long time lurker here, international student from South America. It sucks to see that this thread isn't active, hope we can bring it to a more active level.


I agree with you. Did you sit the LSAT already? I sat in October but did not do so well so I am retaking in December.

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Babum » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:29 pm

sashafierce wrote:
Babum wrote:Hey guys!

Long time lurker here, international student from South America. It sucks to see that this thread isn't active, hope we can bring it to a more active level.


I agree with you. Did you sit the LSAT already? I sat in October but did not do so well so I am retaking in December.


Yea I sat for the October one. I actually already sent all my applications and now just waiting.

User avatar
tigersaresexy
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby tigersaresexy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:42 am

Oh wait this thread exists??

I've found my people!!


Where are you guys applying? Any EDs? Has anyone heard back yet?

I'm wondering how they let us know, they probably don't call, and snail mail takes a long time. Most schools seem to send out emails at a delay, so I'm a little worried I'm going to have to wait two extra weeks to hear.

I've applied to UPenn ED, took the LSAT in october in India (which is also where I'm from, though I went to UG in the states), hoping to hear back soon.

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby NapoleonXV » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 am

tigersaresexy wrote:Oh wait this thread exists??

I've found my people!!


Where are you guys applying? Any EDs? Has anyone heard back yet?

I'm wondering how they let us know, they probably don't call, and snail mail takes a long time. Most schools seem to send out emails at a delay, so I'm a little worried I'm going to have to wait two extra weeks to hear.

I've applied to UPenn ED, took the LSAT in october in India (which is also where I'm from, though I went to UG in the states), hoping to hear back soon.



If you live internationally, they will email you to let you know

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Babum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:37 am

tigersaresexy wrote:Oh wait this thread exists??

I've found my people!!


Where are you guys applying? Any EDs? Has anyone heard back yet?

I'm wondering how they let us know, they probably don't call, and snail mail takes a long time. Most schools seem to send out emails at a delay, so I'm a little worried I'm going to have to wait two extra weeks to hear.

I've applied to UPenn ED, took the LSAT in october in India (which is also where I'm from, though I went to UG in the states), hoping to hear back soon.


hahaha, welcome!

So far via email though I asked and NYU did say that they would be contact us via mail (Although someone in the NYU thread said he got his via email).

Personally I didn't apply ED to any university but now I'm second guessing my choice :S

User avatar
tigersaresexy
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby tigersaresexy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Oh okay. Dammit I hate snail mail. My UG acceptance letter arrived in May, I was admitted in December.

Thank god for the internet!


Good luck to all the international kids applying this cycle, may your mailbox be full of diversity pamphlets (as mine is)

When I get to law school, I'm totally getting my face on one of those. It's my new goal.

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Babum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm

tigersaresexy wrote:Oh okay. Dammit I hate snail mail. My UG acceptance letter arrived in May, I was admitted in December.

Thank god for the internet!


Good luck to all the international kids applying this cycle, may your mailbox be full of diversity pamphlets (as mine is)

When I get to law school, I'm totally getting my face on one of those. It's my new goal.


nah, personally I love snail mail, it gives a personal touch to correspondence.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby NapoleonXV » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Babum wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Oh okay. Dammit I hate snail mail. My UG acceptance letter arrived in May, I was admitted in December.

Thank god for the internet!


Good luck to all the international kids applying this cycle, may your mailbox be full of diversity pamphlets (as mine is)

When I get to law school, I'm totally getting my face on one of those. It's my new goal.


nah, personally I love snail mail, it gives a personal touch to correspondence.

May the odds be ever in your favor!


I am not sure about other schools, but for harvard, they will first email you and then send a snail mail.

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Babum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:32 pm

I read Michigan does Status checker first and then snail mail.

foreverhoping
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby foreverhoping » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:00 am

NapoleonXV wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Oh wait this thread exists??

I've found my people!!


Where are you guys applying? Any EDs? Has anyone heard back yet?

I'm wondering how they let us know, they probably don't call, and snail mail takes a long time. Most schools seem to send out emails at a delay, so I'm a little worried I'm going to have to wait two extra weeks to hear.

I've applied to UPenn ED, took the LSAT in october in India (which is also where I'm from, though I went to UG in the states), hoping to hear back soon.



If you live internationally, they will email you to let you know


this is true for all schools? esp given the volume of holiday cards, email notification would be such a relief!

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Babum » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:15 pm

foreverhoping wrote:
NapoleonXV wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Oh wait this thread exists??

I've found my people!!


Where are you guys applying? Any EDs? Has anyone heard back yet?

I'm wondering how they let us know, they probably don't call, and snail mail takes a long time. Most schools seem to send out emails at a delay, so I'm a little worried I'm going to have to wait two extra weeks to hear.

I've applied to UPenn ED, took the LSAT in october in India (which is also where I'm from, though I went to UG in the states), hoping to hear back soon.



If you live internationally, they will email you to let you know


this is true for all schools? esp given the volume of holiday cards, email notification would be such a relief!


I wouldn't think so but hopefully it will be like that

User avatar
tigersaresexy
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby tigersaresexy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Hey guys, thought I'd update. Just got into UPenn! Received an email while other people in the thread were getting calls. It said something like "this is in lieu of a phone call since you are overseas"

I was a little worried I'd have to wait much longer than other people to hear (either by snail mail or email since calls don't really work), but at least Penn seems to have someone on it at the same times as calls are made.

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Babum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:41 pm

tigersaresexy wrote:Hey guys, thought I'd update. Just got into UPenn! Received an email while other people in the thread were getting calls. It said something like "this is in lieu of a phone call since you are overseas"

I was a little worried I'd have to wait much longer than other people to hear (either by snail mail or email since calls don't really work), but at least Penn seems to have someone on it at the same times as calls are made.


Nice! Congratulations... were you RD or ED?

jkm
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby jkm » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi everyone! Just checking in to the thread. I did UG English at University of London and got Superior, plus MSc Social and Political Theory and got Above Average. I've got 5 years work experience writing and editing for various journals.

Just took the Dec LSATs, which I completely messed up (only revised for 1 month! I'm an idiot). My PT scores were 165-172, but I'm expecting about -10 points for the real thing. I've just signed up to retake in Feb, so will hopefully make this cycle. NYU/Columbia are now out of the question, but I'm aiming for Fordham/Cardozo.

Not sure if anyone else is planning on sitting the Feb LSATs for this cycle? Or has any advice about whether it would be better to submit earlier with a low LSAT or later with a high one?

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby Babum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:39 pm

jkm wrote:Hi everyone! Just checking in to the thread. I did UG English at University of London and got Superior, plus MSc Social and Political Theory and got Above Average. I've got 5 years work experience writing and editing for various journals.

Just took the Dec LSATs, which I completely messed up (only revised for 1 month! I'm an idiot). My PT scores were 165-172, but I'm expecting about -10 points for the real thing. I've just signed up to retake in Feb, so will hopefully make this cycle. NYU/Columbia are now out of the question, but I'm aiming for Fordham/Cardozo.

Not sure if anyone else is planning on sitting the Feb LSATs for this cycle? Or has any advice about whether it would be better to submit earlier with a low LSAT or later with a high one?


Welcome! I don't think you should lower your standards just yet, granted taking the December one and not doing well might have put you at a disadvantage but hang in there. Harvard extended its deadline and is now accepting February LSAT's which means that possibly NYU/Columbia could follow.

What I'd do is fill your applications and apply, before getting your score. If you didn't do well you can update your file with the February test. Worst case scenario you don't get in anywhere and you reapply next year.

jkm
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 am

Re: International Applicants 2013-2014 Cycle

Postby jkm » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Babum - thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately, I'm one of those 2014 or die trying types (I just turned 30, so graduating at 33 panics me enough!). Who knows, maybe luck will be on my side and the Dec LGs will have featured ten C answers in a row?! If not, I 'm hoping to get grades high enough for a transfer to NYU after the first year.

But that's very good advice about applying and then updating with the Feb score - I didn't know that applications could be updated after they were submitted. Thanks for the info!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], MSNbot Media and 9 guests