Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 366

rseaney

Bronze

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Post by rseaney » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:42 pm

i've actually never successfully logged on to my SLS Status Checker. I emailed Admissions and I tried their suggestions but to no avail.

i dont want to reply again and seem like a technological dolt haha so i suppose I'll just wait for a letter or a phone call...

IrishJew

Bronze

Post by IrishJew » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:43 pm

BOM, fair enough.

BTW When does SLS do their "auto-rejects"? Harvard did them in a big batch early on, but on LSN it doesn't look like Stanford has done the same (yet?)

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:43 pm

rseaney wrote:i've actually never successfully logged on to my SLS Status Checker. I emailed Admissions and I tried their suggestions but to no avail.

i dont want to reply again and seem like a technological dolt haha so i suppose I'll just wait for a letter or a phone call...
Admissions probably already suggested this, but try using IE if you haven't already! (And use the link in the email, etc.) Pretty sure I'm just repeating what you already know though. Haha

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:46 pm

IrishJew wrote:BOM, fair enough.

BTW When does SLS do their "auto-rejects"? Harvard did them in a big batch early on, but on LSN it doesn't look like Stanford has done the same (yet?)
I think a lot of the first big batch we see will be "auto-rejects" judging from last year's LSN 2/22.

IrishJew

Bronze

Post by IrishJew » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:46 pm

rseaney wrote:i've actually never successfully logged on to my SLS Status Checker. I emailed Admissions and I tried their suggestions but to no avail.

Some poster on page 82 ITT mentioned that he had a script he used to try logging in over and over. Maybe you should try that :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

IrishJew

Bronze

Post by IrishJew » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:50 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:

I think a lot of the first big batch we see will be "auto-rejects" judging from last year's LSN 2/22.
Do you think they are doing the "manual" rejects first and then a big wave of the autos? Do you think strong candidates will be rejected next week if they haven't been today?

#blindspeculation

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 pm

IrishJew wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:

Do you think they are doing the "manual" rejects first and then a big wave of the autos? Do you think strong candidates will be rejected next week if they haven't been today?

#blindspeculation
Can't speculate on any such thing. I only feel comfortable saying we will see a pretty big batch of rejects at the end of next week or beginning of the following week.
Besides that, I'd say there's going to be a mix of decent-looking candidates and auto-rejects.

Iroh

Bronze

Post by Iroh » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:14 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
PotenC wrote:Hey guys just in case anyone was interested my friend got that call from Dean Deal this morning. Shout out to him.
i will shout him out WHEN YOU PROVIDE HIS STATS/DATES.

congrats potenc's friend :)

Sorry guys, that would be me.

3.6x/171 URM, went complete in early November, I believe. Had zero contact with them since they sent me the email for my status checker.

Feels pretty good after getting waitlisted at UCLA and Penn. Was not expecting this acceptance to happen at all. This was my Hail Mary app. I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I got into Stanford. Waking up the next morning was pretty depressing. And now I'm in.

I HAVE THE GIFT

selden

New

Post by selden » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Iroh wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
PotenC wrote:Hey guys just in case anyone was interested my friend got that call from Dean Deal this morning. Shout out to him.

3.6x/171 URM, went complete in early November, I believe. Had zero contact with them since they sent me the email for my status checker.

Feels pretty good after getting waitlisted at UCLA and Penn. Was not expecting this acceptance to happen at all. This was my Hail Mary app. I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I got into Stanford. Waking up the next morning was pretty depressing. And now I'm in.

I HAVE THE GIFT
Congratulations!

PS Your avatar looks like he's saying "I HAVE THE GIFT"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

IrishJew

Bronze

Post by IrishJew » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Iroh wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:

I HAVE THE GIFT
Congrats and thanks for sharing stats.

Your homework: dream about my getting into Yale.

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Iroh wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:

I HAVE THE GIFT
you can join our avatar club (paging scoobers, bee)
you're cool
congrats on stanford

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Congrats to all the admits! Nice of Dean Deal to throw a little love your way for Valentine's Day :D

Sorry to all those caught in the ding wave; you all seem like fantastic people and I'm sure that you're going to have some amazing options.

To all of my fellow applicants still waiting: thoughts on next week? I didn't see any more acceptances in the latter half of February while stalking last year's thread but I would be delighted to be proved wrong. There were, however, several more ding waves.

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:15 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Iroh wrote:

I HAVE THE GIFT
you're cool
congrats on stanford

Congrats Iroh!!

and I'm jelly...not only of your S offer but also of bom's invitation to the "cool" avatar club... :oops:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IrishJew

Bronze

Post by IrishJew » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Dear Samford University:

It was so nice to receive your letter today. I am glad you are enjoying your trip to Alabama. I hope you're taking lots of picture and can't wait to hear all about it. If it's not too much trouble, though, let me please ask a small favor: please change your f***ing name. Seeing "Samford" come up in my inbox or on LSN when I know Stanford is sending decisions will surely give me a heart attack. If you have a hard time coming up with an appropriate name, feel free to borrow mine. Although I know it will still share some letters with "Stanford," I suspect the words will be more distinguishable than the current names are.

Please give my love to Florida Coastal and the kids.

Love,
Wycliff T. Sturgeon

PS Seriously, please change your name.

coolbean2013

Bronze

Post by coolbean2013 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 pm

IrishJew wrote:Dear Samford University:

It was so nice to receive your letter today. I am glad you are enjoying your trip to Alabama. I hope you're taking lots of picture and can't wait to hear all about it. If it's not too much trouble, though, let me please ask a small favor: please change your f***ing name. Seeing "Samford" come up in my inbox or on LSN when I know Stanford is sending decisions will surely give me a heart attack. If you have a hard time coming up with an appropriate name, feel free to borrow mine. Although I know it will still share some letters with "Stanford," I suspect the words will be more distinguishable than the current names are.

Please give my love to Florida Coastal and the kids.

Love,
Wycliff T. Sturgeon

PS Seriously, please change your name.
+1000000

coolbean2013

Bronze

Post by coolbean2013 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Iroh wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:

I HAVE THE GIFT
Congrats!!!

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Iroh wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:

I HAVE THE GIFT
Congrats!!! :D :D :D And thank you for coming here and posting your information to satisfy our neurotic curiosity.

On a related note, if you wouldn't mind dreaming about a particular marsupial receiving a call from Dean Deal, I'd greatly appreciate it :wink:.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:38 pm

kershka wrote:Congrats to all the admits! Nice of Dean Deal to throw a little love your way for Valentine's Day :D

Sorry to all those caught in the ding wave; you all seem like fantastic people and I'm sure that you're going to have some amazing options.

To all of my fellow applicants still waiting: thoughts on next week? I didn't see any more acceptances in the latter half of February while stalking last year's thread but I would be delighted to be proved wrong. There were, however, several more ding waves.
You forgot to say that this was your 500th post, kershka! Let the record show that she used her milestone here.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:03 pm

koalacity wrote:
kershka wrote:Congrats to all the admits! Nice of Dean Deal to throw a little love your way for Valentine's Day :D

You forgot to say that this was your 500th post, kershka! Let the record show that she used her milestone here.
Thanks Koala :D ! Maybe if I post my 650ish post here too Dean Deal will call?

anubis1911

Bronze

Post by anubis1911 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:08 pm

No ding yet.... submitted in October...URM....am I just being tortured?

Icecold62

Bronze

Post by Icecold62 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:30 pm

chneyo wrote:
Moonlight wrote:
IrishJew wrote:
Leo wrote:Using post 180 to say DLS, no call. Oh well, SLS was a long shot.

Submitted early November
3.7x / 171 / strong softs
Sorry, Doc Brown. That sucks.
Sorry man. You're not alone. I just called them to ask since I didn't want to wait for that letter and have to spend all weekend clinging onto false slimer of hope. Good luck on the rest of your cycle.
<3 Moon. <3 Doc. <3 Philly.
+1
Poor some out for our fallen homies

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Moonlight

Silver

Post by Moonlight » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Icecold62 wrote:
chneyo wrote:
Moonlight wrote:
Sorry man. You're not alone. I just called them to ask since I didn't want to wait for that letter and have to spend all weekend clinging onto false slimer of hope. Good luck on the rest of your cycle.
<3 Moon. <3 Doc. <3 Philly.
+1
Poor some out for our fallen homies
*Salute* It's up to you guys now! Avenge us by getting in! :)

I'll still be around to root you guys on

Iroh

Bronze

Post by Iroh » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:41 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Iroh wrote:

I HAVE THE GIFT
you're cool
congrats on stanford
Awesome!

@koalacity & IrishJew

I'm still new at this but I'll give it a shot. I'll try to keep all thoughts of Florida Coastal and Cooley out of my head.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Man, what a crazy day.

BillsFan9907

Silver

Post by BillsFan9907 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:18 am

Is the status check down? Its saying my username ans password is wrong, which isn't true.

Moltenmama

New

Post by Moltenmama » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:08 am

Seoulless wrote:Is the status check down? Its saying my username ans password is wrong, which isn't true.
Make sure you hit the JD application status checker and not the advanced degree one right under it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”