UChicago Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JXander

Silver
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby JXander » Wed May 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Good luck to you all.

Anyone riding it out until August?

Should my current workload permit it, I am considering compiling a spreadsheet of current Waitlisters similar to the one in the UVA thread (unless someone else with more free time is interested).

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG

Gold
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed May 08, 2013 12:51 pm

JXander wrote:Good luck to you all.

Anyone riding it out until August?

Should my current workload permit it, I am considering compiling a spreadsheet of current Waitlisters similar to the one in the UVA thread (unless someone else with more free time is interested).


Woo, checking in! Being waitlisted at UChicago was literally the highlight of my application cycle (seriously!). Just waitlisted yesterday after submitting a crazy late app (all my apps were crazy late), and I will be riding it out until (and through) August.

A waitlist spreadsheet would be fantastic. :D

User avatar
dolfan17

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby dolfan17 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Checking in.

ht2988

Bronze
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby ht2988 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:03 pm

dolfan17 wrote:Checking in.


+1

FlowBro

Bronze
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby FlowBro » Wed May 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Checking in, not sure how long I'll ride it out

fivestarfolds

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby fivestarfolds » Wed May 08, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm excited to join this for the long haul. Either way, I'm making my way back to UChicago graduate school in the fall - I just hope I get to do it as a dual-degree candidate.

User avatar
beepboopbeep

Silver
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby beepboopbeep » Wed May 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Riding it out.

I doubt Chicago will top my CLS offer even if I do get in, and I think I'll be happy there if this doesn't work out. But the longer the cycle has gone on, the more I think Chicago's the best fit. Also I don't want to lose my Hyde Park apartment. NYC rent is a war crime.

Stupidly didn't write a Why UChicago; I think I had like a week between when I found out and when it was due, and was dealing with some personal shit. Excuses. Should've done it. Anyone else slack on that? Would they still take a LOCI even though that deadline is well in the past?

manti5

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby manti5 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:13 pm

In for the long haul as well. Appreciate the start of a waitlist thread.

User avatar
intlsplitr

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby intlsplitr » Wed May 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Checking in. I'll be around until at least late July.

Now I need to start working on that essay....

masked kavana

Bronze
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby masked kavana » Wed May 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Just received an email about the waitlist response form.

We'll see what the future holds. GL all!

User avatar
JXander

Silver
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby JXander » Wed May 08, 2013 4:08 pm

intlsplitr wrote:Now I need to start working on that essay....

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby BigZuck » Wed May 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Checking in. Was WLed forever ago. Nice to meet you all.

User avatar
zoidberg86

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby zoidberg86 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:11 pm

BigZuck wrote:Checking in. Was WLed forever ago. Nice to meet you all.


+1 I forgot I was on the Chicago WL...

onionz

Bronze
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby onionz » Wed May 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Did a bunch of people waitlisted months ago also get the "do you still want to be on the waitlist" email today?

T20hopeful89

Bronze
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby T20hopeful89 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:18 pm

onionz wrote:Did a bunch of people waitlisted months ago also get the "do you still want to be on the waitlist" email today?



Was waitlisted in January or early February and received the e-mail today.

ht2988

Bronze
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby ht2988 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:55 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:
onionz wrote:Did a bunch of people waitlisted months ago also get the "do you still want to be on the waitlist" email today?



Was waitlisted in January or early February and received the e-mail today.


Waitlisted in March and just completed the form that is linked in the email.

User avatar
cws277

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby cws277 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:56 pm

ht2988 wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:
onionz wrote:Did a bunch of people waitlisted months ago also get the "do you still want to be on the waitlist" email today?



Was waitlisted in January or early February and received the e-mail today.


Waitlisted in March and just completed the form that is linked in the email.

+1

User avatar
Rory19

Bronze
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby Rory19 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:10 pm

How lengthy has everyone been making their "additional comments" section of the response form?

User avatar
beepboopbeep

Silver
Posts: 1385
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby beepboopbeep » Wed May 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Rory19 wrote:How lengthy has everyone been making their "additional comments" section of the response form?


This long:

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby BigZuck » Wed May 08, 2013 5:33 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
Rory19 wrote:How lengthy has everyone been making their "additional comments" section of the response form?


This long:

LRGhost

Gold
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby LRGhost » Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Checking in. WL last month.

User avatar
Rahviveh

Gold
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby Rahviveh » Wed May 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Good luck everyone!

spillman

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:28 am

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby spillman » Wed May 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Checking in, just got that same email as well and filled out the form

senorhosh

Bronze
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 am

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby senorhosh » Wed May 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Good luck everyone.

I don't expect to get in but it would be a nice surprise if I did.

User avatar
JXander

Silver
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby JXander » Thu May 09, 2013 9:55 am

Hmm, what is this form of which everyone keeps speaking? In my email all I received was the standard "you can submit (1) an additional essay and (2) updated transcripts" message.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests