Davis c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Micdiddy

Gold

Re: Davis c/o 2016

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:22 pm

md22 wrote:Just as I was sitting down to call, I got the text!!! In!!!!! PUMPED! If I actually get 25k in need and maybe (if I'm lucky) some merit aid, Davis might be a good bet. But for right now I'm just excited to finally be in! :D
Congrats!!!!

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:24 pm

md22 wrote:Just as I was sitting down to call, I got the text!!! In!!!!! PUMPED! If I actually get 25k in need and maybe (if I'm lucky) some merit aid, Davis might be a good bet. But for right now I'm just excited to finally be in! :D
Congrats, I'm happy for you! Half of this thread is me making dumb comments and the other half is you waiting for a decision, so I'm glad you're finally in to the party!

apinarba

New

Post by apinarba » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:26 pm

are there still a lot of people waiting to hear back? i don't think i've seen any rejections either... i'm antsy.

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:28 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
Congrats, I'm happy for you! Half of this thread is me making dumb comments and the other half is you waiting for a decision, so I'm glad you're finally in to the party!
LOL! I was getting ridiculously anxious about it. If the money is right I'm going to be headed to Davis this year! :)

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:34 pm

So... is anyone else going to the banquet in Sacramento before the open house? Seems like a pretty good time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:So... is anyone else going to the banquet in Sacramento before the open house? Seems like a pretty good time.
I was. Thought about waiting till after asw to withdraw but figured it would be in bad taste. I live in Davis though, how weird would it be if I met you guys for drinks Sat night?

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:So... is anyone else going to the banquet in Sacramento before the open house? Seems like a pretty good time.
I was. Thought about waiting till after asw to withdraw but figured it would be in bad taste. I live in Davis though, how weird would it be if I met you guys for drinks Sat night?
Wouldn't be weird for me, however explaining that to my dad (who will be in town coincidentally at the same time) might be interesting.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
Wouldn't be weird for me, however explaining that to my dad (who will be in town coincidentally at the same time) might be interesting.
Ha. Well, I'll happen to be at Burgers & Brew that night, and that happens to be the best restaurant in town, fyi.

named

New

Post by named » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
Ha. Well, I'll happen to be at Burgers & Brew that night, and that happens to be the best restaurant in town, fyi.
Burgers & Brew!?! Best restaurant in town!?!?!?! Them be fighting words.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:55 pm

I think so. Granted some of the fancier ones I have just not been to.
What's your favorite?

named

New

Post by named » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Micdiddy wrote:I think so. Granted some of the fancier ones I have just not been to.
What's your favorite?
If we're going with best burgers I'd be split between DeVere's and Froggy's. Froggy's has a better burger but DeVere's has a better all around menu for food and drink. Also Devere's fried bread pudding is the best dessert in town (/indisputable fact).

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:07 pm

I like burgers. Sounds like this town has a good selection. How about bars? Being from Utah, we have the awesome 3.2% ABW limit on beer and strict 1oz liquor pours. Shots start at $4, beers being $6-7 for a stein. Not too "young person friendly".

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:09 pm

named wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:I think so. Granted some of the fancier ones I have just not been to.
What's your favorite?
If we're going with best burgers I'd be split between DeVere's and Froggy's. Froggy's has a better burger but DeVere's has a better all around menu for food and drink. Also Devere's fried bread pudding is the best dessert in town (/indisputable fact).
Ah, you're a straight up pub crawler. Haven't had the burger at either place. Don't go out drinking much but when I do it's usually at Cafe Bernardo's, Sophia's and G street. Sometimes my wife and her friends unfortunately drag me to a Ket Mo Ree club night. It's the worst.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

named

New

Post by named » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
named wrote:
What's your favorite?
Ah, you're a straight up pub crawler. Haven't had the burger at either place. Don't go out drinking much but when I do it's usually at Cafe Bernardo's, Sophia's and G street. Sometimes my wife and her friends unfortunately drag me to a Ket Mo Ree club night. It's the worst.
Sorry bout Ket, to rectify the situation you should order a burger to-go from froggy's (I recommend the swiss and shroomer) and take it over the Beer Shoppe down the street and relax.
WisemanAEKDB wrote:I like burgers. Sounds like this town has a good selection. How about bars? Being from Utah, we have the awesome 3.2% ABW limit on beer and strict 1oz liquor pours. Shots start at $4, beers being $6-7 for a stein. Not too "young person friendly".
Bars are pretty good, especially for happy hour. Davis is very liberal with their liquor licenses.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Dude everyone I pass the Beer Shoppe it is PACKED. Is it really that good? We always want to go there but it's so packed we decide on somewhere else.
I will def try the Froggy's burger, but I have a lot nostalgia attached to B & B :)

ammanley

New

Post by ammanley » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Yes, the beer shoppe is worth it if thats all you for. And ditto on Froggies for burgers. Davis undergrad, but B&B makes a greater variety of stuff than Froggies - they all good ;)

<prepares for the inevitable zerg rush of dissent>

named

New

Post by named » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:50 pm

ammanley wrote:Yes, the beer shoppe is worth it if thats all you for. And ditto on Froggies for burgers. Davis undergrad, but B&B makes a greater variety of stuff than Froggies - they all good ;)

I had one bad experience at B&B and haven't been back, a bit traumatized. As far as the Beer Shoppe, it's super awesome, try going a bit earlier to beat the rush.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:51 pm

My UG's best restaurant (we have like 4) would most likely be Subway. And we don't have beer stores. Or bars. It's like a whole new world of things!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm

named wrote:
ammanley wrote:Yes, the beer shoppe is worth it if thats all you for. And ditto on Froggies for burgers. Davis undergrad, but B&B makes a greater variety of stuff than Froggies - they all good ;)

I had one bad experience at B&B and haven't been back, a bit traumatized. As far as the Beer Shoppe, it's super awesome, try going a bit earlier to beat the rush.
I also had one bad experience at B & B. I went back 3 days later. Give them another chance IMO.

mcs268

Bronze

Post by mcs268 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:20 am

In via text today as well. I'm interested in seeing how finaid will pan out. When they say you're eligible for X amount need based aid, that doesn't include merit scholarships right? I had a great need based aid qualification amount, but the cost of OOS for Davis is still so high.. needless to say I'm looking forward to April 1st when the awards are released!

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:16 am

Man, the more I think about it the more I am interested in going to Davis. It seems right for me because of several reasons, but I am very apprehensive when it comes to UCD's employment statistics. I'm starting to wonder if Davis is worth ~100k in debt given that I want to become an ADA. I want to love the idea of attending Davis but the debt + employment prospects scare me. SO TORN!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mcs268

Bronze

Post by mcs268 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:40 pm

Is there a FB group? Also what are people planning on housing? I'm looking to spend the summer in LA but move to Davis a little earlier (august 1st or so). Curious what everyone else is doing.

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:42 pm

mcs268 wrote:Is there a FB group? Also what are people planning on housing? I'm looking to spend the summer in LA but move to Davis a little earlier (august 1st or so). Curious what everyone else is doing.
yolo county https://www.facebook.com/groups/296888123772674/

akasabian

Bronze

Post by akasabian » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:17 pm

Anyone who received a merit-based offer, when/where did you receive it?

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:22 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”