WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ks2499

Bronze

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Post by ks2499 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:07 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
Is there a deadline for need access? As far I remember from last year there no deadline for FAFSA (?)
Need Access deadlines are set by the school. I don't think WUSTL requires it at all, but BC has a FAFSA and Need Access deadline of March 15.

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm

ks2499 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
Is there a deadline for need access? As far I remember from last year there no deadline for FAFSA (?)
Need Access deadlines are set by the school. I don't think WUSTL requires it at all, but BC has a FAFSA and Need Access deadline of March 15.
Thanks.
Need to do my taxes :oops: :?

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
ks2499 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
Thanks.
Are you not getting a big fat Obama check?

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:38 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
ks2499 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
Thanks.
Are you not getting a big fat Obama check?
Nope.
Edit: we can still file FAFSA and need access if the taxes or not officially filed yet no?

On a related note: when do we get the $ we are withdrawing for our loans? Only on the first day of school like in undergrad?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 pm

JayJones78 wrote: On a related note: when do we get the $ we are withdrawing for our loans? Only on the first day of school like in undergrad?
I THINK loans are disbursed on the first day of school...i'm not sure. I just know that it's in-time for us to make tuition payments. And I heard that you need to cover all other expenses such as books/moving costs on your own for a few weeks in the summer until loans are disbursed.

On an unrelated note, this boy is my hero:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ks2499

Bronze

Post by ks2499 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm

JayJones78 wrote: Nope.
Edit: we can still file FAFSA and need access if the taxes or not officially filed yet no?

On a related note: when do we get the $ we are withdrawing for our loans? Only on the first day of school like in undergrad?
Yup, just select the "intend to file" option and then estimate off your W-2. You can go back after you file and adjust FAFSA if you want, though it probably won't change anything.

I believe you should get your loans a couple weeks before school starts (before 1st semester tuition is due, whenever that may be) but my memory is a little fuzzy. It's been like 7 years since the last time I did this... In any event, you'll find out for sure when you sign for them, which should give you plenty of time to plan.

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm

cusenation wrote:
JayJones78 wrote: On a related note: when do we get the $ we are withdrawing for our loans? Only on the first day of school like in undergrad?
I THINK loans are disbursed on the first day of school...i'm not sure. I just know that it's in-time for us to make tuition payments. And I heard that you need to cover all other expenses such as books/moving costs on your own for a few weeks in the summer until loans are disbursed.

There goes my new MacBook I was going to buy this summer :cry: :cry: :oops:

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
cusenation wrote:

Thank God there aren't big security deposits in St. Louis or else I'd be fucked.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 pm

I know at my UG it usually came a week before classes started....people gotta get their books and stuff

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:15 pm

dproduct wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
cusenation wrote:

Thank God there aren't big security deposits in St. Louis or else I'd be fucked.
Yah. W&L's is $750 :shock:

Unoriginalist

Bronze

Post by Unoriginalist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Kevin Chang - Gunner Extraordinaire.

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:28 pm

ks2499 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
WUSTL does not require Need Access. There are a small amount of schools that do. When you start to complete the NA information, there is a list of schools you select from a list. WUSTL is not on that list.

You should only have to complete 1) the FAFSA and 2) the ridiculous online financial aid form. Then yall're good to go.

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 pm

JXander wrote:
ks2499 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
WUSTL does not require Need Access. There are a small amount of schools that do. When you start to complete the NA information, there is a list of schools you select from a list. WUSTL is not on that list.

You should only have to complete 1) the FAFSA and 2) the ridiculous online financial aid form. Then yall're good to go.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 pm

bump

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 pm

cusenation wrote:bump
Was the thread at risk on falling to pg2? :shock:

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:30 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
cusenation wrote:bump
Was the thread at risk on falling to pg2? :shock:
No i just get really bored/depressed when i refresh "View your posts" and nothing changes.... :|

dougfunny

New

Post by dougfunny » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:31 pm

Since the thread is quiet now, I have a question. I just finished the fafsa and it took me like 10 minutes. Did I do something wrong?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:32 pm

dougfunny wrote:Since the thread is quiet now, I have a question. I just finished the fafsa and it took me like 10 minutes. Did I do something wrong?
No if you had your tax info it doesn't take long at all.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:38 pm

http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/data/ ... volume.asp

WTF! NEW APPLICANTS WENT UP LAST WEEK IN COMPARISON TO LAST YEAR. WE'RE NOW ON PACE FOR 55,000 APPLICANTS. (as oppose to 54k). WHAT IS GOING ON? WHERE DID ALL THESE NEW PEOPLE COME FROM?

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
dougfunny wrote:Since the thread is quiet now, I have a question. I just finished the fafsa and it took me like 10 minutes. Did I do something wrong?
No if you had your tax info it doesn't take long at all.
Plus if you used your undergrad login info it just transports it and its much easier

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:40 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/data/ ... volume.asp

WTF! NEW APPLICANTS WENT UP LAST WEEK IN COMPARISON TO LAST YEAR. WE'RE NOW ON PACE FOR 55,000 APPLICANTS. (as oppose to 54k). WHAT IS GOING ON? WHERE DID ALL THESE NEW PEOPLE COME FROM?
Maybe February LSAT? (kids that submitted before scores come out) Maybe cuz schools everywhere are extending deadlines? Maybe huge wave of TTT applicants? Could be all of the above and then some lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

cusenation wrote:

Maybe February LSAT? (kids that submitted before scores come out) Maybe cuz schools everywhere are extending deadlines? Maybe huge wave of TTT applicants? Could be all of the above and then some lol
No. Its cause of this thread....oh well....just two more days left for WUSTL apps

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
cusenation wrote:

No. Its cause of this thread....oh well....just two more days left for WUSTL apps
DAT EASY APP

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 am

There's still the easy app but the priority deadline is still March 1st I believe. FYI according to LSN,the only 2 167's who were rejected outright were 2 that applied in mid-march.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 am

wannabelawstudent wrote: http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/data/ ... volume.asp

What the hell are you talking about? That's not at all what that says.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”