WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
andy261

Bronze

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Post by andy261 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:47 pm

danielr wrote:For admitted students: How have interactions with your current student "matches" been going? My contact has been helpful so far. We discussed summer opportunities (in 1L & 2L years), the importance of networking, and law school examinations. It's pretty standard stuff, but anyone can feel free to PM me for more detail, if you like.
Mine never reached out to me. Should I take the initiative or is anyone else still waiting?

Jaqen

Silver

Post by Jaqen » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm

andy261 wrote:
danielr wrote:For admitted students: How have interactions with your current student "matches" been going? My contact has been helpful so far. We discussed summer opportunities (in 1L & 2L years), the importance of networking, and law school examinations. It's pretty standard stuff, but anyone can feel free to PM me for more detail, if you like.
Mine never reached out to me. Should I take the initiative or is anyone else still waiting?
I'm still waiting. Guess we got slackers.

danielr

Bronze

Post by danielr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm

I would say that if you have specific questions you would like answered by a current student, go ahead and reach out to them first. My contact did get in touch with me initially, but I don't think it matters too much who reaches out first.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Jaqen wrote:
andy261 wrote:
I'm still waiting. Guess we got slackers.
:lol:

Remember, they had a snow storm at the end of the week, and hopefully they spent the entire weekend drinking and being MidBestern. It's still early in the week.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm

My friggin 3L has yet to reply to email it's been like 4 days

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 pm

cusenation wrote:
My friggin 3L has yet to reply to email it's been like 4 days
Probably because your initial email was something along the lines of "hey, nice to meet you. So, can you tell me why scholarships are delayed this year? Also, how do you feel about green hoodies?"

howardgirl

New

Post by howardgirl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 pm

A week before WUSTL decided to pair us up, I had already reached out to a student in BLSA @ WUSTL, and she also put me in contact with one of her classmates who is from my city and also a member of BLSA. I am getting a lot of helpful information from them, so I will probably not even bother with my match.

Unoriginalist

Bronze

Post by Unoriginalist » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm

I reached out to my 1L. They're very nice, but I think the Q&A thread's been the main source of my WUSTL related info (along with this thread).

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm

For PI people:

WUSTL gives out summer stipends for students that pursue public interest during the summers. I think it's up to $3000. Just in case any of you are considering defecting because other schools wave shiny summer stipends as part of a program you had to apply for. Remember kids, WUSTL will just give it to u anyway.

ETA: They also cover up to a portion of your travel expenses to go network at conferences..think it's up to $500. (According to a current student)

[Shameless promotion? Yup. Call me the David Lat of the WUSTL thread.]

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:05 pm

cusenation wrote:For PI people:

WUSTL gives out summer stipends for students that pursue public interest during the summers. I think it's up to $3000. Just in case any of you are considering defecting because other schools wave shiny summer stipends as part of a program you had to apply for. Remember kids, WUSTL will just give it to u anyway.

ETA: They also cover up to a portion of your travel expenses to go network at conferences..think it's up to $500. (According to a current student)
I like this because I want to do PI my 1L summer. My resume is severely lacking in the show-some-human-humility/care part.

JadeWest

Bronze

Post by JadeWest » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:06 pm

dproduct wrote:

I like this because I want to do PI my 1L summer. My resume is severely lacking in the show-some-human-humility/care part.
take a look at your 'tar

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:06 pm

JadeWest wrote:
dproduct wrote:

take a look at your 'tar
lol. #FirstWorldProblems

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:08 pm

JadeWest wrote:
dproduct wrote: I like this because I want to do PI my 1L summer. My resume is severely lacking in the show-some-human-humility/care part.
take a look at your 'tar
LOL

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jaqen

Silver

Post by Jaqen » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Xs20 wrote:
JadeWest wrote:
dproduct wrote: I like this because I want to do PI my 1L summer. My resume is severely lacking in the show-some-human-humility/care part.
take a look at your 'tar
LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Jaqen wrote:
Xs20 wrote:
JadeWest wrote:
take a look at your 'tar
LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, precisely my point. I'm dying. God I'm a horrible person.

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:49 pm

2 firms in the t250 are listed as having WUSTL as their "favorite" school to recruit from:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... ctive=true

SNR Denton (makes sense if they're offering 0L fellowships to WUSTL kids) and McDermott Will & Emery.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:51 pm

JesusChrist wrote:2 firms in the t250 are listed as having WUSTL as their "favorite" school to recruit from:

SNR Denton (makes sense if they're offering 0L fellowships to WUSTL kids) and McDermott Will & Emery.
+1

I don't think SNR Denton was included in NLJ 250 since it's based in Europe

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:53 pm

McDermott Will & Emery would be a dream scenario.

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:57 pm

JesusChrist wrote:2 firms in the t250 are listed as having WUSTL as their "favorite" school to recruit from:

That's an interesting list I'd like to see more of, but oddly very short.

Hopefully they will be updating with info from more firms as it comes in.

Also, the SNR Denton stuff isn't a fellowship, it's more of a class.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Withdrew from TFA the night before my final interview. Looks like ima hitch my horse to the legal wagon.

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm

cusenation wrote:Withdrew from TFA the night before my final interview. Looks like ima hitch my horse to the legal wagon.
I went through all the way to TFA final interview last year. I think I got dinged when I was asked what I want to do in the next five years I answered "go to law school" and in my five/ten year plan it was to settle myself with a legal career. I never understood what did she expect me to say? I want to devote my life to work on diminishing the achievement gap?

That said, it was a pretty interesting process.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Unoriginalist

Bronze

Post by Unoriginalist » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 pm

So, while we continue to wait for good news, what target markets are ya'll planning to shoot for after graduation?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:So, while we continue to wait for good news, what target markets are ya'll planning to shoot for after graduation?
Any market that'll have me :(

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Ive never really understood what TFA stands for. Besides THAT FINANCIAL AID

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Post by WokeUpInACar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Teach For America bro

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”