WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Crowing

Gold

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Post by Crowing » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Every time I see that Midwest thread in the lounge I think some mod moved this thread to the lounge for being too megathready.

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 pm

dproduct wrote:Page 170. AWWW YEAH
Everyone better start getting their chaser ready for the shot at 180!

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 pm

andy261 wrote:
Mybodyisready

AMilfordMan

Bronze

Post by AMilfordMan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:48 pm

dproduct wrote:
andy261 wrote:
Mybodyisready
Psh. 180 by Monday. Lets get busy people. Topics?

Dmini7

Silver

Post by Dmini7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:59 pm

How much money would it take everyone to attend WUSTL? Also I would prefer if those of you who answered stated the region of your ties/where you grew up. I ask this because I am from the west coast, and although I think this school is absolutely gorgeous and I really want to attend ASW, I am not sure I should in fear of" A. Swaying my decision by meeting amazing people and B. being located in the mid-west, where I know no one and have no ties.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:03 am

Dmini7 wrote:How much money would it take everyone to attend WUSTL? Also I would prefer if those of you who answered stated the region of your ties/where you grew up. I ask this because I am from the west coast, and although I think this school is absolutely gorgeous and I really want to attend ASW, I am not sure I should in fear of" A. Swaying my decision by meeting amazing people and B. being located in the mid-west, where I know no one and have no ties.
Anything north of 90k would seal the deal for me. Grew up in Greater Boston. Could possibly cite ties to Upstate New York cuz I spent my child in Buffalo and went to school in Syracuse.

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:05 am

Dmini7 wrote:How much money would it take everyone to attend WUSTL? Also I would prefer if those of you who answered stated the region of your ties/where you grew up. I ask this because I am from the west coast, and although I think this school is absolutely gorgeous and I really want to attend ASW, I am not sure I should in fear of" A. Swaying my decision by meeting amazing people and B. being located in the mid-west, where I know no one and have no ties.
I'm from LA, only have ties to so cal... with that, there isn't a dollar amount to be exact. But I currently have two 90k offers, one from a distant school and one from a near peer... so it would need to be substantial. That being said, COL must be taken into account and it's ridiculously cheap in St. Louis.

Food for thought: 26 of the firms who have OCI at WUSTL have CA offices. And from some conversations I've had with current students and my interview with MAC... us west coasters have a good chance of finding work here.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:10 am

dproduct wrote:
I'm from LA, only have ties to so cal... with that, there isn't a dollar amount to be exact. But I currently have two 90k offers, one from a distant school and one from a near peer... so it would need to be substantial. That being said, COL must be taken into account and it's ridiculously cheap in St. Louis.

Food for thought: 26 of the firms who have OCI at WUSTL have CA offices. And from some conversations I've had with current students and my interview with MAC... us west coasters have a good chance of finding work here.
I got hit on by an entertainment lawyer once while I was at Mardi Gras, and he said UGA has the most prestige on the West Coast. And then we got another round of those big plastic tube drink thingies. HTH
Last edited by shntn on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:10 am

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:

I got hit on by an entertainment lawyer once while I was at Mardi Gras, and he said UGA has the most prestige on the West Coast. HTH
dead

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14 am

I would pay extra to attend WUSTL(jk MAC please gimme some love)

Dmini7

Silver

Post by Dmini7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 am

I forgot to include my Fiance really does not wan't to move to St. Louis, so I don't think I will be able to convince her. I was just curious as to what everyone thought personally on the matter. With that said, I am waiting for scholarships to see if the money is enough that I can convince her it is a good idea.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:17 am

Hey dudes the latest NLJ 250 placement data is out.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=204877

WUSTL @ 16.33%, up a little from last year (13.33%). But it looks like most schools improved a little.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:20 am

Crowing wrote:Hey dudes the latest NLJ 250 placement data is out.

WUSTL @ 16.33%, up a little from last year (13.33%). But it looks like most schools improved a little.
Fuck. WUSTL. C"MON! Goddammit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:22 am

Quick everyone.....go give negative review on ratemyprofessor.com....we need WUSTL to fall in the rankings.

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:24 am

Crowing wrote:Hey dudes the latest NLJ 250 placement data is out.

+1

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:46 am

Ties to Seattle and SF. Would probably also take at least 30k/year for me to make the move.
Last edited by andy261 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:46 am

49/300

:|

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 am

Dear WUSTL,

Please. Get. On. Top. Of. YO. SHIT.

Also, LOL @ GULC for having a class of 616.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:50 am

Wtf cuse.....WUSTL is the best.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:50 am

dproduct wrote:49/300

It's not actually that bad when you consider that the schools ahead of WUSTL are 1) the T14 2) traditionally the 4 schools right outside the T14 (UCLA/UT/Vandy/USC) 3) schools known for being biglaw feeders (Fordham/BC/BU/GWU) 4) the inaugural graduating class of a tiny school that all attended on full schollys (UCI) and 5) UIUC. Lol UIUC is really the only one that surprises me.

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:52 am

Crowing wrote:
dproduct wrote:49/300

It's not actually that bad when you consider that the schools ahead of WUSTL are 1) the T14 2) traditionally the 4 schools right outside the T14 (UCLA/UT/Vandy/USC) 3) schools known for being biglaw feeders (Fordham/BC/BU/GWU) 4) the inaugural graduating class of a tiny school that all attended on full schollys (UCI) and 5) UIUC. Lol UIUC is really the only one that surprises me.
I'm interested in seeing their placement in the midwestern 110/120k firms. I know that quite a few students will end up in those and TBH, 110k in St. Louis > 160k in NYC.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 am

dproduct wrote:110k in St. Louis >>>> 160k in NYC.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 am

Op would you go to UCLA over WUSTL...(I guess you too sunny)?

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:55 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Op would you go to UCLA over WUSTL...(I guess you too sunny)?
Lol wannabe's eyes see all

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:56 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Op would you go to UCLA over WUSTL...(I guess you too sunny)?
It's not that simple. The pro to an LA school is I have free living in so cal... so USC/UCLA have a certain advantage.

I merely want to go to the school with the best combination of minimized debt + job prospects. And that's how every single person should make their decision.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”