W&L c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ironbmike

Bronze

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by ironbmike » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:20 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
Actually, I think a stip is okay.
The school (not just W&L but schools in general) is giving students thousends of dollars basically (well.. Literally) for free. I don't thik that it's too much to ask that the school will want them to be at some academic level. I find it pretty valid.
I think you misinterpreted me, I don't disagree with the policy. I just meant that it's imposing aka unnerving to go with that stip, even if the school says very few people get dropped.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:24 pm

ironbmike wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
The school (not just W&L but schools in general) is giving students thousends of dollars basically (well.. Literally) for free. I don't thik that it's too much to ask that the school will want them to be at some academic level. I find it pretty valid.
I think you misinterpreted me, I don't disagree with the policy. I just meant that it's imposing aka unnerving to go with that stip, even if the school says very few people get dropped.
I hear ya. But what other offers have u gotten scholly/stip wise?

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 pm

ironbmike wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
Oh I didn't imply anything about you personally just my take on the whole stip issue.
I simply think that it's valid for the school to put it there cause it's the only collateral they have over giving these huge sums of money away.

ironbmike

Bronze

Post by ironbmike » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
ironbmike wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
The only other stip I've gotten is a 2.70 at Georgia for $7,500/year. Every other offer I've gotten is stip-free so W&L is starting to slip in my thinking.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 pm

ironbmike wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
ironbmike wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
The only other stip I've gotten is a 2.70 at Georgia for $7,500/year. Every other offer I've gotten is stip-free so W&L is starting to slip in my thinking.
That's awesome. You should prob just think out the COA and whatnot with the scholarships and decide if you'll be comfy with stips or not. I'm 70% sure u can make top 70%

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lonewolf120

New

Post by lonewolf120 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Anyone else here besides me making it to the upcoming open house? I'm flying from Cali to check out the campus and 'city' itself. On another note, does the school only offer scholarships when they admit? As in I was not offered anything when I was admitted, does that mean I'm probably not going to be offered at all? :roll: Thanks.

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 pm

lonewolf120 wrote:Anyone else here besides me making it to the upcoming open house? I'm flying from Cali to check out the campus and 'city' itself. On another note, does the school only offer scholarships when they admit? As in I was not offered anything when I was admitted, does that mean I'm probably not going to be offered at all? :roll: Thanks.
When were you admittted? They will let you know regardless over snail mail if they give you $ or not.

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Writing my LOCI now. Sigh. :cry:

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:54 pm

espressocream wrote:Writing my LOCI now. Sigh. :cry:
You got this !

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:25 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
You got this !
<3

After visiting it turned into less of an app done for rank and location, and more about the school's environment. I just don't know how to convey that.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:21 pm

espressocream wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
You got this !
<3

After visiting it turned into less of an app done for rank and location, and more about the school's environment. I just don't know how to convey that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juko0sAndsA

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:22 pm

We were discussion the Leews program here. Just ordered the book from the website. Need something to do this summer anyway.

Too bad their website looks like it hadn't had a makeover since 1997 or maybe 2001

Edit: is there any general resource that explains what law school finals are all about? Googling it just give more and more LSAT ( :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: ) sites.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 pm

JayJones78 wrote:We were discussion the Leews program here. Just ordered the book from the website. Need something to do this summer anyway.

Too bad their website looks like it hadn't had a makeover since 1997 or maybe 2001

Edit: is there any general resource that explains what law school finals are all about? Googling it just give more and more LSAT ( :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: ) sites.
Three words : getting to maybe. That's what my friends suggested. Also look at test banks for specific school. W&l is password protected but they'll Prob allow access once you're a student

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:We were discussion the Leews program here. Just ordered the book from the website. Need something to do this summer anyway.

Three words : getting to maybe. That's what my friends suggested. Also look at test banks for specific school. W&l is password protected but they'll Prob allow access once you're a student
Yah going to order it this week.
Hopefully the Leews will arrive sometime soon as they don't send any confirmation or anything.... Back to 1997 as I said.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:24 pm

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm

sublime12089 wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:

I was thinking of ordering it but was unsure if it would actually be helpful. I guess I will pick it up after all.

Was going to rent it on Chegg for 9.99 but with shipping it came up to be $18. Buying it on amazon is $23 and I have free prime shipping so not worth the rent. Paying for shipping is so 2 years ago

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:06 pm

I visited it today, wonderful campus, very collegial atmosphere. Shawn, the admissions director, was really nice, and asked me a lot of really important questions about what I wanted out of law school. Was very impressed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:10 pm

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Presidentjlh wrote:I visited it today, wonderful campus, very collegial atmosphere. Shawn, the admissions director, was really nice, and asked me a lot of really important questions about what I wanted out of law school. Was very impressed.
Dean McShay is awesome. I felt he did a really good job at ASW and I think their office is great in general.

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
Presidentjlh wrote:I visited it today, wonderful campus, very collegial atmosphere. Shawn, the admissions director, was really nice, and asked me a lot of really important questions about what I wanted out of law school. Was very impressed.
Dean McShay is awesome. I felt he did a really good job at ASW and I think their office is great in general.
Agreed. Didn't have a single bad experience at any of the law schools I visited. Looking forward to visiting WUSTL on Friday.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:19 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
+1 and if you go on ASW's you get a FREE MUG :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
I wish the mug was bigger!! I need at least a 21oz for coffee mugs :oops:

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
hah! I take 1 gulp and it's all gone :(
I'm rocking the T-shirt at the gym though hahaha

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:39 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote: Dean McShay is awesome. I felt he did a really good job at ASW and I think their office is great in general.
hah! I take 1 gulp and it's all gone :(
I'm rocking the T-shirt at the gym though hahaha
Nice!!
Deposit coming up so soon. $750. So much!!

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:49 pm

JayJones78 wrote: Deposit coming up so soon. $750. So much!!
Crap I almost forgot about that thing..
I havn't even heard from 5 schools yet :/

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”