Key Dates and Checklist
- Oct.1: In 2012, we will begin accepting applications November 1.
- March 1: Application deadline.
- March 15: Financial Aid deadline.
- April 30: The Admissions Office will make every effort to send applicants a decision by mid- to late-April.
- Completed Application Form and fee ($75)
- Completed Yale 250 and Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
Class of 2015 Reference Threads
Yale Admissions Blog
Featuring Dean Asha's thoughts on the:
YLS requires one 250-word essay on a subject of your choice. Faculty readers look to this essay to get a glimpse of your character, intellectual passions, analytical abilities, and writing skills. The choice of a topic--personal anecdote, an academic subject, or current events--can be illuminating.
Yale Decision Graphs