- Posts: 18
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:57 am
I'm in and deposited at a school, but my waitlisted at my number 1. Both are away from home, so I'd have to move and acquire housing at the deposited school if I were to go. Is it acceptable to shoot the admissions at my number one choice an email with something along the lines of "Hey, XLS is still my number one choice and would immediately deposit if offered admission, but need to know by ... in order to get my ducks in a row at other school"? Just wondering what protocol was on things like this. Maybe put a little pressure on the school? Lemme know.
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:38 pm
If anything, they'll want to know what your last possible date is to accept admission, though I would be sure that whatever you tell them is truly your drop-dead date. It may get you a decision sooner, but it may not necessarily be the decision that you want - but hey, at least you'll know. I suppose the deadline you pick should take into consideration how confident you are that your profile fits the needs of the class they are trying to assemble.
I visited a school whose wait list I'm riding out, and an admissions director told me point blank that they wanted to know the last possible day I'd accept an offer. I'm currently accepted and deposited at my local school, however, so I can move at the last minute more easily than someone in your shoes.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: celticsfan, celticsnsox11, chichi1992, CPA-->JD, daaaaamnjulianna, Dijohn17, esta, exnyc, Gabriel_is_Satan, gopats92, gwillygecko, Instrumental, judill, lawdude31, mav1993, Maxrich, Monday, Mr. Bubbles, Mr_Chukes, Nightwing, Nobiggie, pandaaa, Pomegranate27, Poplar7spruce, RictusErectus, Sadnessandmisfortune, sfn91, Smc1994, texteach, TripleM, woojin1287 and 61 guests