UCLA, Loyola, Emory Admitted

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

UCLA, Loyola, Emory Admitted

Postby kmason » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi all,

I was blown away when I found out that I just got admitted into UCLA !!! I only found out yesterday, as I'd last checked my emails on Friday morning and then had to leave for a workshop.

Well its finally sunk in that I was admitted !!! - unbelievable - it was definitely a "reach" for me, esp. since I applied late. Also I never was told that I was on any waitlist, etc. Complete silence - even after I sent them a LOCI (just got the std autoresponse) and then later I sent an update - no response to that at all.

Anyway, the point is UCLA gave ZERo $'s but has a high status, AND its in California!!
Also their fees are among the highest, even for residents - only Berkeley is higher.

Since I last posted my status, I called and spoke to both Loyola and Emory for more $s. Loyola said they "should" have more later (after people reject their offers?) and emory had an even vaguer response.

So, I'm completely lost as to what to do because I thought I'd already made my choice and now this comes up.

I want to thank all those who helped with advice on my other post when I was trying to decide between my previous choices - but now UCLA ...
Is it worth going in debt for their JD, esp since I read in the National Jurist that for PI the avg. starting salary difference between even a T10 and one just below #50 was only $9k (59k vs 50k). And UCLA is #15.

Anyway, besides my confusion, for everyone who has not heard back, this may mean you could hear some good news soon. So chin up and keep your fingers crossed.
Best of luck to everyone.

organic muskrat

Re: UCLA, Loyola, Emory Admitted

Postby organic muskrat » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:19 am

Being admitted to UCLA gives you much more leverage to negotiate funding at Loyola and Emory.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”