Waitlist Activity Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gravityrides0

Silver

Re: Waitlist Activity Thread

Post by gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Rawlberto wrote:
fltanglab wrote:Enthusiastically: GW
Less so but still enthusiastic: Fordham, BU, UW
Withdrew from GW last night :)

And our numbers are pretty similiar, so you may have a chance. Although, it should be noted that I got no scholarship from them.
where will you be going in the fall?

balanz

New

Post by balanz » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:27 pm

WL at UC Davis, white knuckled in anticipation.

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:03 pm

TLSwag wrote:Any one here paying a deposit at a school, riding a WL and retaking june? This is what I am doing, would love to talk with people in similar situations.... PM/reply back if so!
That's me to a T! I'm in @ W&M / W&L / IU-B...
WL'd at Penn/UVA/Davis/NotreDame/GW/uWash/UMN

I'm a heavy reverse splitter (4.0/159) and retaking in June to see if I get the bump from one of the t20 waitlists! The real issue would be if I jumped significantly on my LSAT and end up having to wait a year for admissions $$$

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Nammertat wrote:
TLSwag wrote:Any one here paying a deposit at a school, riding a WL and retaking june? This is what I am doing, would love to talk with people in similar situations.... PM/reply back if so!

I'm a heavy reverse splitter (4.0/159) and retaking in June to see if I get the bump from one of the t20 waitlists! The real issue would be if I jumped significantly on my LSAT and end up having to wait a year for admissions $$$
I kind of want to do that, but soooo scared I would do worse...

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:08 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:

It can't do any harm! I'm not even telling the schools I'm taking it again, so really there isn't any downside.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Nammertat wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:

It can't do any harm! I'm not even telling the schools I'm taking it again, so really there isn't any downside.
LSAC doesn't send your new score automatically?

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Death-grip on Wash U wait list. I WANT IN!

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm a heavy reverse splitter (4.0/159) and retaking in June to see if I get the bump from one of the t20 waitlists! The real issue would be if I jumped significantly on my LSAT and end up having to wait a year for admissions $$$[/quote]

I kind of want to do that, but soooo scared I would do worse...[/quote]

It can't do any harm! I'm not even telling the schools I'm taking it again, so really there isn't any downside.[/quote]

LSAC doesn't send your new score automatically?[/quote]

Not that I'm aware of- Pretty sure you have to go in and send another LSDAS report.

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Nammertat wrote:
Not that I'm aware of- Pretty sure you have to go in and send another LSDAS report.
You've convinced me. But shit, does that mean that when I sent in a new transcript, LSAC didn't automatically send that on to schools? How do you re-send the report? Haha, sorry for all the questions-- you can PM me if you want. I'm obviously strugglin'

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
You've convinced me. But shit, does that mean that when I sent in a new transcript, LSAC didn't automatically send that on to schools? How do you re-send the report? Haha, sorry for all the questions-- you can PM me if you want. I'm obviously strugglin'
Now THAT's a good question. I'd get ahold of the admissions office of the school and ask them to request it again if necessary.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
Lsac sent my new transcript and score automatically.

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:20 pm

neeko wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
ahhh! well I suppose that would mean the LSAT score would go over as well...

It COULD in that sense hurt your wl chances if your score came back lower, BUUUT the score isn't coming out till late June. If a school hasn't let you in by late June, its highly unlikely they were going to, and decide not to based on a lower lsat.

TLSwag

Bronze

Post by TLSwag » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Nammertat wrote:
neeko wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
ahhh! well I suppose that would mean the LSAT score would go over as well...

It COULD in that sense hurt your wl chances if your score came back lower, BUUUT the score isn't coming out till late June. If a school hasn't let you in by late June, its highly unlikely they were going to, and decide not to based on a lower lsat.
+1 - There is still very minimal, if any, downside. Plus you have the option to cancel your score if you are having any doubts. I am also going to be retaking without notifying schools, we are in a pretty similar situation good luck!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Wow, I can't believe i didn't think of this. will definitely retake. June retake support group? haha.

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:56 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:Wow, I can't believe i didn't think of this. will definitely retake. June retake support group? haha.
More like retake psych ward!

organic muskrat

New

Post by organic muskrat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:05 pm

I don't see that many spots opening up at UCLA this year.

I wish subsidized loans for JD students were still available.

westcoast

Bronze

Post by westcoast » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm on the list at UCLA, Vandy, and WUSTL. Wrote a LOCI to UCLA and have my fingers crossed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

confusedlaw

Silver

Post by confusedlaw » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 pm

3.7 167 waitlist bu, bc, notre dame, cornell

Rawlberto

Bronze

Post by Rawlberto » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Rawlberto wrote:

And our numbers are pretty similiar, so you may have a chance. Although, it should be noted that I got no scholarship from them.
I will be attending a December retake.

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Rawlberto wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Rawlberto wrote:

I will be attending a December retake.
hahaha. awesome. :(

kamaya

New

Post by kamaya » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm on the waitlist for Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law. Their website says they begin reviewing wait listed applicants in May but I was wondering if anyone else is waitlisted at that school and if so, have you heard anything yet? I'm interested in hearing feedback from anyone who can give it. Thanks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ama004

Bronze

Post by ama004 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:55 am

bump...give me some hope people.

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:54 pm

got off of the GW waitlist 4/26, Penn 5/07, and UCLA 5/09, so all within the same 1-2 week period... there's hope! I know TLSers all think I'm insane for doing this, but I chose UCLA and am very happy about it. withdrew from: Duke, NYU, Columbia, Virginia, Georgetown, GW, Texas, Penn, USC

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:got off of the GW waitlist 4/26, Penn 5/07, and UCLA 5/09, so all within the same 1-2 week period... there's hope! I know TLSers all think I'm insane for doing this, but I chose UCLA and am very happy about it. withdrew from: Duke, NYU, Columbia, Virginia, Georgetown, GW, Texas, Penn, USC
Thanks for withdrawing from Penn! Hope I get your spot :lol: Have fun at UCLA, not crazy at all if the money's right, and besides SoCal >>> anywhere else on the planet

Other than a couple NYU admit calls, been kind of quiet this week...

Masala716

New

Post by Masala716 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Withdrew my offers of admission and $$ at ND and GW.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”