W&M vs Fordham vs UC Davis vs American vs Maryland Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JoeMo

Gold

Re: W&M vs Fordham vs UC Davis vs American vs Maryland

Post by JoeMo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:11 pm

B986 wrote:Why is everyone on here so self important and assured that they alone are THE preeminent expert on all things law school related? If this person wants to pursue a law degree and is asking for your opinion as to which school would suit their needs best, you telling them to rule out law school altogether makes no sense. I feel bad for people on TLS who ask for advice because the responses they get are usually along the lines of, "Don't go to law school. Idiot." Or "Retake the LSAT and magically score 10+ points better than last time." So many self appointed experts on here!
This might be the thread for you: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0&t=180690

Also, to the credit of this thread what OP is being told is do not waste your precious Ivy League education by going to a non-elite law school. That's extremely counterproductive to the perceived benefits of receiving an Ivy League education to begin with. So yes, OP should definitely apply him/herself and retake and go to HYSCCN because it's totally possible with just a few more points.

/rant

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:39 pm

JoeMo wrote: American is like the Community College of Law School. Do a walk-through and it's easy to see what I'm talking about.

Either I don't know much about community colleges or I missed something on my walk through. Do you care do expand on that comment?

cogitoergosum

Silver

Post by cogitoergosum » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:46 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
JoeMo wrote: American is like the Community College of Law School. Do a walk-through and it's easy to see what I'm talking about.

Either I don't know much about community colleges or I missed something on my walk through. Do you care do expand on that comment?
Awwwww snap....

EDIT: I think I know what JoeMo is referring to, although I have never been to American... I've gotten the impression at certain ASW's, even for schools a notch above American, that I'm not in very select company. I don't know how else to say it. It's scary because people will be coming to conclusions about me for the rest of my career based upon the collective reputation of my school's alums.
Last edited by cogitoergosum on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:54 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:

Just watch community dude...

Overcrowded, crappy facilities, loud in the library, full of di di dis and kind of ghetto.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:55 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:

Awwwww snap....

EDIT: I think I know what JoeMo is referring to, although I have never been to American... I've gotten the impression at certain ASW's, even for schools a notch above American, that I'm not in very select company. I don't know how else to say it. It's scary because people will be coming to conclusions about me for the rest of my career based upon the collective reputation of my school's alums.
Credited

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”