Michigan Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Will you stay on the waitlist?

Yes, I want Michigan more than anything.
55%
No, I have other choices.
24%
Yes, but I won't go if they do accept me.
14%
No, I give up on everything forever.
7%

Total votes: 76

FortunaGubernans

Michigan Waitlist 2012

Postby FortunaGubernans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Hey all,

I thought I should start one of these. Who's in this boat with me?

Green Glass Windows

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2012

Postby Green Glass Windows » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Well, as for now, they remain my number 1. I'm not saying I won't be swayed, but of all the schools I've been waitlisted at, I'm thinking Michigan is the only one I'd up and move across the country for at the last minute if they accepted me. :| We'll see though.

FortunaGubernans

Postby FortunaGubernans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Hey, Green. Welcome. So you've been waitlisted at a lot of schools, huh? That's rough. Still waiting to hear back from any?

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:Hey, Green. Welcome. So you've been waitlisted at a lot of schools, huh? That's rough. Still waiting to hear back from any?

Yeah, still waiting on Vanderbilt, Cornell and UC Davis. I think Davis is just extremely slow, but I'm not sure what the deal is with Vandy and Cornell. It's been... so many months...

FortunaGubernans

Postby FortunaGubernans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Hey, Green. Welcome. So you've been waitlisted at a lot of schools, huh? That's rough. Still waiting to hear back from any?

Yeah, still waiting on Vanderbilt, Cornell and UC Davis. I think Davis is just extremely slow, but I'm not sure what the deal is with Vandy and Cornell. It's been... so many months...

I hear you. I actually applied ED to U of M. Then I was rolled over into regular decision, and just recently I've been waitlisted. So so many months. Hopefully worth the wait, though?

thelong

Postby thelong » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Mich has been my number one this whole cycle. That being said, even if I get accepted off of the waitlist that doesn't mean I'm going to go at this point. I'm pretty lucky in having some great options to explore, and depending on how a few things go at the end of the month I'm almost certain that I know where I'll be going next fall.

I'll probably ride the waitlist until early April.

FortunaGubernans

Postby FortunaGubernans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:04 pm

thelong wrote:Mich has been my number one this whole cycle. That being said, even if I get accepted off of the waitlist that doesn't mean I'm going to go at this point. I'm pretty lucky in having some great options to explore, and depending on how a few things go at the end of the month I'm almost certain that I know where I'll be going next fall.

Fair enough. Congrats on your acceptances!

thelong

Postby thelong » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:07 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:
thelong wrote:Mich has been my number one this whole cycle. That being said, even if I get accepted off of the waitlist that doesn't mean I'm going to go at this point. I'm pretty lucky in having some great options to explore, and depending on how a few things go at the end of the month I'm almost certain that I know where I'll be going next fall.

Thanks!

Like you, I ED'd to Mich and was rolled into the regular pool and finally waitlisted. I was pretty crushed. Oh well!

FortunaGubernans

Postby FortunaGubernans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:42 pm

thelong wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:

Thanks!

Like you, I ED'd to Mich and was rolled into the regular pool and finally waitlisted. I was pretty crushed. Oh well!

Yeah. It wasn't what I wanted to hear after a long wait, and definitely makes it incredibly hard to plan knowing they could call me the day after orientation starts and ask me to fly on over there. At the same time, I'm grateful to have even made it onto the waitlist, and I thought Dean Z's letter was encouraging.

Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:Yeah. It wasn't what I wanted to hear after a long wait, and definitely makes it incredibly hard to plan knowing they could call me the day after orientation starts and ask me to fly on over there. At the same time, I'm grateful to have even made it onto the waitlist, and I thought Dean Z's letter was encouraging.

I agree. However, I don't know how long I'm going to stay on board. I'd love to go, but I'm also okay with the other, more qualified applicants getting a chance instead of me.

(...I'm weird, I know. :mrgreen: ) I'm sorry that you got WL'd, Fortuna, but I hope that movement at other schools bodes well for you and many others.

FortunaGubernans

Postby FortunaGubernans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Moriarty wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Yeah. It wasn't what I wanted to hear after a long wait, and definitely makes it incredibly hard to plan knowing they could call me the day after orientation starts and ask me to fly on over there. At the same time, I'm grateful to have even made it onto the waitlist, and I thought Dean Z's letter was encouraging.

I agree. However, I don't know how long I'm going to stay on board. I'd love to go, but I'm also okay with the other, more qualified applicants getting a chance instead of me.

(...I'm weird, I know. :mrgreen: ) I'm sorry that you got WL'd, Fortuna, but I hope that movement at other schools bodes well for you and many others.

Thanks, Moriarty! Love the Sherlock reference in your name, by the way. :mrgreen:

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Checking in. Sticking it out! Hoping this years waitlist will be more generous than years previous.

#ifdef

Postby #ifdef » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Checking in. At least the admissions people said they wouldn't have put us on the waitlist if they didn't think we would be a fine addition to the class :)

camillefisch

Postby camillefisch » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Same boat. I want Michigan more than anything. I've had a pretty terrible cycle though, so I'm not really expecting to move.

Tyeger87

Postby Tyeger87 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:59 pm

On the WL - planning to stick it out for a while - though not expecting a miracle of any sort

FortunaGubernans

Postby FortunaGubernans » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:43 pm

Oh, hey all!

I thought this thread was dead, so I stopped checking it, but I'm glad you're all here! It's going to be a long ride, so we may as well be in it together. I agree with basically every sentiment expressed so far. Want it more than anything. Not confident it will happen despite the wanting. Planning to stick it out anyway. The trio of sentence fragments says it all.

justicefishy

Postby justicefishy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Thinking I might withdraw from the WL if I don't hear back by April. I'm already into Penn and UVA, not sure if I want to wait out for a Mich acceptance too.

gatorapplicant

Postby gatorapplicant » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:52 pm

tagging, i think i'm in this for the long haul

NYCLegalEagle911

Postby NYCLegalEagle911 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:08 am

waitlisted today. :(
hoping to ride it out, but not sure how much money I can afford to lose depositing elsewhere.
I assume that getting in off the WL also means paying full sticker, correct?

calverna

Postby calverna » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:42 am

NYCLegalEagle911 wrote:waitlisted today. :(
hoping to ride it out, but not sure how much money I can afford to lose depositing elsewhere.
I assume that getting in off the WL also means paying full sticker, correct?

It's not out of the question, but I wouldn't bank on getting any merit aid if you get in off the waitlist. If paying sticker isn't a possibility you would be okay with, I would withdraw.

sandiego222

Postby sandiego222 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Why withdraw? If Michigan is the poster's top choice, he/ she should definitely stay on the waitlist. What if he/ she DOES get aid upon acceptance? Nothing to lose by staying on

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:43 pm

sandiego222 wrote:Why withdraw? If Michigan is the poster's top choice, he/ she should definitely stay on the waitlist. What if he/ she DOES get aid upon acceptance? Nothing to lose by staying on

This is how I feel about most of my waitlists. :/

calverna

Postby calverna » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:28 pm

sandiego222 wrote:Why withdraw? If Michigan is the poster's top choice, he/ she should definitely stay on the waitlist. What if he/ she DOES get aid upon acceptance? Nothing to lose by staying on

The waitlist FAQ gives me the impression that if offered a spot, you'll have a decision window that doesn't include notification of merit aid. Though if this is incorrect then you are right - there is nothing to lose.

NYCLegalEagle911

Postby NYCLegalEagle911 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks, all! I'm fastening my seatbelt and settling in for the ride. Wishing all of us good -- and timely -- luck!

Worker and Parasite

Postby Worker and Parasite » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Checking in, good luck to us all.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”