Calling Law School Admissions Offices Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FSUNole95

New

Calling Law School Admissions Offices

Post by FSUNole95 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Question...

I submitted my application for my top school on 11/14, was updated on 1/6 for December LSAT score. I am yet to go under review. Should I call the admissions office and ask them for a time frame? I have gotten into schools across the country and would need to make travel plans to visit other schools if I don't get in.

swagu

New

Re: Calling Law School Admissions Offices

Post by swagu » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 pm

FSUNole95 wrote:Question...

I submitted my application for my top school on 11/14, was updated on 1/6 for December LSAT score. I am yet to go under review. Should I call the admissions office and ask them for a time frame? I have gotten into schools across the country and would need to make travel plans to visit other schools if I don't get in.
I know how you feel. My application has been complete at my top choice since 11/21. It was one of the first apps I submitted and is now the last one I'm waiting to hear back from.

I emailed admissions yesterday just to see what was up, since it's been way longer than they said it should be with still no movement. Didn't even go "under review" yet. Meanwhile people are saying theyve started hearing back, etc. and they submitted way later than me. Obviously the admissions office was of now help. They just said they're working on reviewing everyones applications, and that decisions will come when they come.

I don't think it would hurt to call, but to be honest, I don't think you'll get off the phone knowing much more than you already do.

GatorCTS

Bronze

Re: Calling Law School Admissions Offices

Post by GatorCTS » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Yea, im in the same boat right now with a school i applied to. I just got off the phone with the admissions office a few minutes ago because i had a question about my application status. My status has said "decision made, letter to follow shortly" since Friday 2/10 and still no email or letter. So I called and they said that the decision probably wasnt mailed till this Monday and that it should be here this week. Not too much help for me so its still a waiting game.

Id give them a call though and see why you havent received an app status update since going complete nearly 3 months ago. Im sure they cant tell you too many details but it wouldnt hurt to call and try to see what was going on.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”