Pace C/O 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
John1986
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Pace C/O 2015

Postby John1986 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:54 am

I recently applied for the January Accelerated program at Pace Law and received a letter that they were deferring my application to the fall 2012 application pool. I realize this is a rejection for January but does it mean I have a shot at being accepted for the fall? Is it a slim chance? The letter stated they would wait to see what the application pool looked like..

Thanks

User avatar
fatpeopleavenger
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:56 pm

I have no idea, but it's most likely that you will hear your answer back much later, almost around March or April. Probably the same case for me.

Esquire2Be
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby Esquire2Be » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:33 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:I have no idea, but it's most likely that you will hear your answer back much later, almost around March or April. Probably the same case for me.


Did you get waitlisted at Pace?

User avatar
fatpeopleavenger
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Esquire2Be wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:I have no idea, but it's most likely that you will hear your answer back much later, almost around March or April. Probably the same case for me.


Did you get waitlisted at Pace?


Reject. Apparently something must be wrong in my app where they don't even want to wait what I get on the February LSAT.

Esquire2Be
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby Esquire2Be » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Sorry to hear that. Good luck Saturday!

User avatar
fatpeopleavenger
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Esquire2Be wrote:Sorry to hear that. Good luck Saturday!


Thank you. Not a big deal, Pace was not high on my list.

User avatar
swagu
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby swagu » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:08 am

"File on Hold - Decision Still Pending"

Would you say that means I'm waitlisted???

User avatar
fatpeopleavenger
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:10 am

swagu wrote:"File on Hold - Decision Still Pending"

Would you say that means I'm waitlisted???


Probably internal waitlist.

User avatar
iceicebaby
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby iceicebaby » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:26 am

Not that I will ever go here, but I went complete on 11/28/11 and haven't heard anything since. Pace Law is another ghost town school it seems, along with Villanova and St. John's.

Esquire2Be
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby Esquire2Be » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:41 pm

swagu wrote:"File on Hold - Decision Still Pending"

Would you say that means I'm waitlisted???


Hey I know someone that had the same exact status as you but then she said it changed to "decision mailed" the next day. Did you notice if yours changed?

User avatar
swagu
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby swagu » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Esquire2Be wrote:
swagu wrote:"File on Hold - Decision Still Pending"

Would you say that means I'm waitlisted???


Hey I know someone that had the same exact status as you but then she said it changed to "decision mailed" the next day. Did you notice if yours changed?


Yup. Just noticed that. Pretty weird...we'll see what happens

User avatar
WVUUG2012
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby WVUUG2012 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:51 pm

where are you guys seeing the status? I never received any log in info. just an email saying i am complete.

Esquire2Be
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby Esquire2Be » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:58 pm

WVUUG2012 wrote:where are you guys seeing the status? I never received any log in info. just an email saying i am complete.


Shortly after you applied you should have received an e-mail that included a username and password so you can check the status of your application. I received mine the day after I applied. If you never received it, you should contact the admissions office.
Last edited by Esquire2Be on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esquire2Be
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby Esquire2Be » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:00 pm

swagu wrote:
Esquire2Be wrote:
swagu wrote:"File on Hold - Decision Still Pending"

Would you say that means I'm waitlisted???


Hey I know someone that had the same exact status as you but then she said it changed to "decision mailed" the next day. Did you notice if yours changed?


Yup. Just noticed that. Pretty weird...we'll see what happens


Okay. It looks like they are mailing out the waitlist letters for those whose status changed from "File on Hold - Decision Still Pending" (which was apparently only on the status checker for less than a day) to "decision mailed". My status hasn't change from "file in review" for months though.
Last edited by Esquire2Be on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
WVUUG2012
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby WVUUG2012 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:02 pm

I received an email that said my file was under review and that i should be hearing from them in writing. nothing regarding a status checker. guess i should make that call

wontpanic
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby wontpanic » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Esquire2Be wrote:
swagu wrote:
Esquire2Be wrote:
swagu wrote:"File on Hold - Decision Still Pending"

Would you say that means I'm waitlisted???


Hey I know someone that had the same exact status as you but then she said it changed to "decision mailed" the next day. Did you notice if yours changed?


Yup. Just noticed that. Pretty weird...we'll see what happens


Okay. It looks like they are mailing out the waitlist letters for those whose status changed from "File on Hold - Decision Still Pending" (which was apparently only on the status checker for less than a day) to "decision mailed". My status hasn't change from "file in review" for months though.



Hoping its not a WL letter! But since it looks like a few of us are getting something mailed to us, I'll be happy to let you guys know what I get.

User avatar
iceicebaby
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby iceicebaby » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Got in via snail mail last night. Show me the $$$ now!

I hate when schools wait to hand you a merit scholly award, especially the safeties.

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby suits00 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm

iceicebaby wrote:Got in via snail mail last night. Show me the $$$ now!

I hate when schools wait to hand you a merit scholly award, especially the safeties.


Congratulations! That's really great. I hope you get your scholarship information soon.

Did you notice if your status checker said , "File on Hold - Decision Still Pending" before it changed to "Decision Mailed"?

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby suits00 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:02 pm

wontpanic wrote:Hoping its not a WL letter! But since it looks like a few of us are getting something mailed to us, I'll be happy to let you guys know what I get.


Hey did you hear anything yet? Hope you got in!

User avatar
swagu
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby swagu » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 pm

I had the "File on Hold - Decision Still Pending" status briefly.

Just got a letter saying I was put on the wait-list.

I know some people were curious

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby suits00 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:42 pm

swagu wrote:I had the "File on Hold - Decision Still Pending" status briefly.

Just got a letter saying I was put on the wait-list.

I know some people were curious


Thanks for the update. Did the letter request a response and/or ask you to include the status of any decisions you've received from other schools? Someone said they asked this a year or two ago.

User avatar
swagu
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby swagu » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:47 pm

suits00 wrote:
swagu wrote:I had the "File on Hold - Decision Still Pending" status briefly.

Just got a letter saying I was put on the wait-list.

I know some people were curious


Thanks for the update. Did the letter request a response and/or ask you to include the status of any decisions you've received from other schools? Someone said they asked this a year or two ago.


Yup. The last paragraph says:

"If you wish to remain on the wait-list, please send an email to admissions@law.pace.edu. If at any time your plans change and no longer wish to be on our wait-list, we would appreciate you letting us know as well."

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby USMCMatt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:16 am

I applied this time last month and already got my acceptance letter just this last Saturday. They were pretty quick on the review with mine...

Anybody considering going? It's a safety school for me...but ya never know, money talks.

User avatar
ab616
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby ab616 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:38 am

Got my acceptance letter Monday, also a safety but would probably consider it seriously with $$$

User avatar
WVUUG2012
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: Pace C/O 2015

Postby WVUUG2012 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Decision mailed today. Any indicators on the status checker that could predict my decision? For other schools the deposits and required materials were updated before i received decision in the mail.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PDX4343 and 6 guests