Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
skirkland
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby skirkland » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:19 pm

I have searched the forums and found no mention of Brooklyn law for this cycle. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby naw » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Let's do this.

User avatar
skirkland
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby skirkland » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:19 pm

My status says "In review" since 11/1/2011 but under mailings I have some strange things:

11/4/2011 1st Incomplete Email (they wanted to know my high school information)
11/11/2011 - BLS Law Notes :?:

Maybe they're writing a note that I cant' follow directions and fill in the high school information

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby neeko » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:20 pm

skirkland wrote:My status says "In review" since 11/1/2011 but under mailings I have some strange things:

11/4/2011 1st Incomplete Email (they wanted to know my high school information)
11/11/2011 - BLS Law Notes :?:

Maybe they're writing a note that I cant' follow directions and fill in the high school information


I have that too and I never got anything, email or otherwise. Weird.

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby naw » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:20 pm

http://www.brooklaw.edu/newsandevents/b ... /Fall.aspx?


I thought it was just them saying that they're gonna send us this. Still hasn't arrived though, so not sure.

User avatar
skirkland
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby skirkland » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Makes sense

sfamor
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby sfamor » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Yeah I've been checking the mail since I saw the thing about the law notes, but nothing yet. I ended up reading it online. It's just a newsletter, nothing too exciting, but weird that they said they mailed it and none of us got it.

wontpanic
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby wontpanic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:55 pm

I got an email requesting my high school info and just had to reply with it. Wasn't on my status checker.

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby doceydoe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:02 am

i sent my app in a while back (say, early November?) and I havent heard anything....odd, no?

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby neeko » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:21 am

Going by LSN, it doesn't look like we will hear until January.

ashleyryan
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby ashleyryan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Appliedddddd, best of luck everyone!

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby doceydoe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:07 pm

doceydoe wrote:i sent my app in a while back (say, early November?) and I havent heard anything....odd, no?




no status checker,no "thank you for applying".....nada. zilch.

what gives BLS?

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby neeko » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:25 pm

doceydoe wrote:
doceydoe wrote:i sent my app in a while back (say, early November?) and I havent heard anything....odd, no?




no status checker,no "thank you for applying".....nada. zilch.

what gives BLS?


I would email them. That is weird.

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby naw » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:54 am

Or check your spam filter.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby neeko » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Still in review but date changed from 11/1 to 12/6

User avatar
zuckaz48
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby zuckaz48 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:06 pm

applied about a week after october lsat's were released. not much activity on the status checker. any signs of when we can see decisions? my first response from a school has gotten me anxious.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 pm

if you didnt get a status check email them they sent me one the next day 167 3.7here

mathlawcombo
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:10 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby mathlawcombo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:25 am

in the fee section, has there always been a spot for "seat deposit", "merit scholarship deposit", etc.?

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby neeko » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 am

mathlawcombo wrote:in the fee section, has there always been a spot for "seat deposit", "merit scholarship deposit", etc.?

Yes.

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby naw » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:52 pm

mathlawcombo wrote:in the fee section, has there always been a spot for "seat deposit", "merit scholarship deposit", etc.?

They're teasing us

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby doceydoe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:30 pm

curious...is BLS anyone's first choice? i really want to go to school part-time in NYC

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:41 pm

doceydoe wrote:curious...is BLS anyone's first choice? i really want to go to school part-time in NYC

It's entirely relative - one person's safety is another's target. At any rate, as I'm sure you're hearing, be careful with the levels of debt you accrue. The lower the school's ranking/prestige/reach etc. the more wary you should be of borrowing money for it.

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby doceydoe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:19 pm

would love a nyc area law school acceptance right about now...desperate to move to a better hood (preferably park slope, boerum hill, carol gardens...)

BLS help a girl out?

User avatar
BiglawOrBust
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby BiglawOrBust » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
doceydoe wrote:curious...is BLS anyone's first choice? i really want to go to school part-time in NYC


It's entirely relative - one person's safety is another's target. At any rate, as I'm sure you're hearing, be careful with the levels of debt you accrue. The lower the school's ranking/prestige/reach etc. the more wary you should be of borrowing money for it.


lolwut? He was asking if it was anyone else's first choice, which is obviously a relative claim.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby cogitoergosum » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:24 pm

BiglawOrBust wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:
doceydoe wrote:curious...is BLS anyone's first choice? i really want to go to school part-time in NYC


It's entirely relative - one person's safety is another's target. At any rate, as I'm sure you're hearing, be careful with the levels of debt you accrue. The lower the school's ranking/prestige/reach etc. the more wary you should be of borrowing money for it.


lolwut? He was asking if it was anyone else's first choice, which is obviously a relative claim.

Alright chief, but if she was asking, as you say, then I'm pretty sure that would make it a question, not a "claim." :wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0LawSchool, Assasindowntheavenue, Earlskies, JD_Kingfish, joezze, Lawschool305, lillawyer2, patrickkpaul and 30 guests