UW Madison c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BearsGrl

Gold

Re: UW Madison c/o 2015

Post by BearsGrl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Bmarce wrote:
ashley12 wrote:D'oh UW admissions fake-out email.

I think I got the same one. I really don't know whats taking them so long, they must have loads of acceptances and denials by now.
Don't forget the waitlist! They have a strong WL bench that they seem to use.

portaluser

New

Post by portaluser » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Would anyone be able to post the email sent this morning?
-Thanks

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Should I be worried I didn't get anything and haven't heard from them since I went complete....which is sad because all the schools I've been accepted have been blowing my email up......

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:18 pm

buckythebadger wrote:
Bmarce wrote:

I think I got the same one. I really don't know whats taking them so long, they must have loads of acceptances and denials by now.
Judging by last years thread, a second round of acceptances/WL and denials went out on the 18th. I would imagine that there should be some more activity really soon.

Also, did anyone get the NETID login info? I was hoping scholly info would be in there but so far nothing
I got the NETID/financial aid email and I'm currently on the waitlist.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:39 pm

tyro wrote:
buckythebadger wrote:
Bmarce wrote:

Judging by last years thread, a second round of acceptances/WL and denials went out on the 18th. I would imagine that there should be some more activity really soon.

Also, did anyone get the NETID login info? I was hoping scholly info would be in there but so far nothing
I got the NETID/financial aid email and I'm currently on the waitlist.
When did you get waitlisted?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:02 pm

BearsGrl wrote: When did you get waitlisted?
A bunch of early decision applicants were held for regular admission. Not sure how that differs from the regular waitlist though.

CJ345

New

Post by CJ345 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:09 pm

tyro wrote:
A bunch of early decision applicants were held for regular admission. Not sure how that differs from the regular waitlist though.
I was also ED and had my application held over, but I didn't receive this email. It has me a bit worried.

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:57 pm

CJ345 wrote:
tyro wrote:
I was also ED and had my application held over, but I didn't receive this email. It has me a bit worried.
Well don't worry yet though. I received the email a day before others received it. Maybe it's alphabetical. The email said it was for "applicants" not admitted students.

If people who are below median at like 160/3.3 also didn't get it, then I would be worried.

milljp02

Bronze

Post by milljp02 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:00 pm

I got the e-mail from financial aid this morning, last name starts with "M" if you're testing the alphabetical theory. My app is still under review (since 12/12). I think they just want you to be on the ball with paperwork in the event you get admitted.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CJ345

New

Post by CJ345 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:07 pm

milljp02 wrote:I got the e-mail from financial aid this morning, last name starts with "M" if you're testing the alphabetical theory. My app is still under review (since 12/12). I think they just want you to be on the ball with paperwork in the event you get admitted.
I finally got the email about an hour ago too. My last name starts with "O" so it likely is alphabetical. Even though I knew to expect it - an email starting with "Thank you for applying to..." sure got my heart racing.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:25 pm

CJ345 wrote:
milljp02 wrote:I got the e-mail from financial aid this morning, last name starts with "M" if you're testing the alphabetical theory. My app is still under review (since 12/12). I think they just want you to be on the ball with paperwork in the event you get admitted.
I finally got the email about an hour ago too. My last name starts with "O" so it likely is alphabetical. Even though I knew to expect it - an email starting with "Thank you for applying to..." sure got my heart racing.
+1. Last name starts with P, got it like an hour ago.

YankeeFan2

Bronze

Post by YankeeFan2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:33 pm

vpintz wrote:
CJ345 wrote:
+1. Last name starts with P, got it like an hour ago.

I think it was alphabetical. (BTW - my last name starts with G and I got the email yesterday morning.)

woodscommaL

Bronze

Post by woodscommaL » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Got the email today. Status checker still at 12/1. Sweet, Madison, take your time I guess?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bmarce

Bronze

Post by Bmarce » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Is it too late to expect anything to happen today?

vaguephoenix

New

Post by vaguephoenix » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:32 pm

How long did it take for people to go from complete to in review? I'm still stuck waiting for them to even look at it...

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Surprised to see no movement for the majority of applicants. I'm guessing the decline in applicants perhaps affected the higher level applicants? Hopefully we get some decisions sooner than later.

btw384

Bronze

Post by btw384 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 am

Just an FYI for those who have been admitted: I spoke with an admissions representative today, and scholarship applications are being reviewed right now. She said that most offers will go out by mid-February.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 pm

vaguephoenix wrote:How long did it take for people to go from complete to in review? I'm still stuck waiting for them to even look at it...
I went into review rather quickly after I went complete, but have had no movement since about seven weeks ago

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:29 pm

I've been stuck at "under review" since 12/1. This wait is riggodamneddiculous.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:41 pm

By past cycles, the next week and a half should have significant results. What I've noticed, by looking at the online TLS comments (so I'm only using that as an indicator), is that by this time last year, they had gone through four small waves of acceptances by around this time. Then a big set of WLs and dings came. This cycle, I've only seen two waves of acceptances so either they have a bigger WL this go around or another set will be accepted during the next week too. Either way, I expect a lot of us to know our fate in the next week and a half.

I've been IR since mid-December.

tooswolle

Bronze

Post by tooswolle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 pm

BearsGrl wrote:By past cycles, the next week and a half should have significant results. What I've noticed, by looking at the online TLS comments (so I'm only using that as an indicator), is that by this time last year, they had gone through four small waves of acceptances by around this time. Then a big set of WLs and dings came. This cycle, I've only seen two waves of acceptances so either they have a bigger WL this go around or another set will be accepted during the next week too. Either way, I expect a lot of us to know our fate in the next week and a half.

I'd respectfully disagree that last years cycle is indicative of their practices for three reasons.:

1. Applicants are down and I'm sure as hell that correlates to a smaller selection of qualified applicants as the top schools get the best; leaving schools wondering about their yield.

2. An undetermined yield will lead to more cautious acceptances as the incoming student numbers can affect rank.

3. The numbers of applicants might be around the same so the committee is taking longer determining how to round their class.

Guess I'm idealistic as a wait list would suck, but so does the purgatory of waiting.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

89vision

Bronze

Post by 89vision » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:15 am

Stupid question.

It stated we received an email with login info, but I didn't. I received the scholarship link. Can anyone share the link or know how to get one?

Thanks

ashley12

Bronze

Post by ashley12 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:46 am

tooswolle wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:By past cycles, the next week and a half should have significant results. What I've noticed, by looking at the online TLS comments (so I'm only using that as an indicator), is that by this time last year, they had gone through four small waves of acceptances by around this time. Then a big set of WLs and dings came. This cycle, I've only seen two waves of acceptances so either they have a bigger WL this go around or another set will be accepted during the next week too. Either way, I expect a lot of us to know our fate in the next week and a half.

I'd respectfully disagree that last years cycle is indicative of their practices for three reasons.:

1. Applicants are down and I'm sure as hell that correlates to a smaller selection of qualified applicants as the top schools get the best; leaving schools wondering about their yield.

2. An undetermined yield will lead to more cautious acceptances as the incoming student numbers can affect rank.

3. The numbers of applicants might be around the same so the committee is taking longer determining how to round their class.

Guess I'm idealistic as a wait list would suck, but so does the purgatory of waiting.
I agree with most of this. I think this is a bizarre cycle year. I would like to think that we will definitely see some decisions this week, but I have also been saying that since the first week of last month. Waiting sucks, especially since UW is the last "real option" that I am waiting to hear from, but it shouldn't be too terribly much longer

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:04 pm

ashley12 wrote:
tooswolle wrote:

I agree with most of this. I think this is a bizarre cycle year. I would like to think that we will definitely see some decisions this week, but I have also been saying that since the first week of last month. Waiting sucks, especially since UW is the last "real option" that I am waiting to hear from, but it shouldn't be too terribly much longer
UW is a big waitlisting beast. They also seem to let off a bunch of people from the waitlist. They seem to really take the LOCI to heart more so than other schools. This mentality seems to be represented throughout at least the last couple of cycles. I was only trying to say at the basic level that turnaround wasn't in line with prior cycles and it could be any reason as to why. Last cycle, it was the end of January/early February when the first set of applicants heard back whether WL or R. There wasn't that much info about people that applied after the first set so I didn't try to make any general leaps. It very well could be a different admissions system this cycle, that's still TBD. :)

Incubateus

Bronze

Post by Incubateus » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:26 pm

In at 1:57 pm EST via email -- 163, 3.44.

Very excited about this. Anyone else get an email this morning?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”