University of Washington c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hookem12

Bronze

Re: University of Washington c/o 2015

Post by hookem12 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Deadlights13 wrote:
hookem12 wrote:Well, there's my first rejection of the cycle. Kind of unexpected, my parents are actually moving to WA, so I really was interested. Way to snub, UW.
Sorry if I am being nosy, but I am curious if you have checked into Seattle University? Although they are further up on the top 100 list, they have a good reputation in Seattle. It is a little expensive, but still a great school if you plan on practicing in WA. state. Just another option if you want to be closer to your parents. :)
Just checked back on this thread and just now saw this - sorry! I don't know all that much about Seattle U, but I also have a bunch of family on the east coast so I'm kind of leaning toward a school on that side. Or I might just say screw it and go to LA, where I know almost no one :) I'm not really picky about what part of the country I'm in, as long as it's a cool city.

akakak

New

Post by akakak » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Incubateus wrote:OOS 163/3.44. Waitlisted today. Submitted 12/12 or so.

Does anybody have a clue how many people they accept off of the waitlist?
on a recent visit to the campus I prodded a bit for this info. They said that there was no way of knowing how many spots would be available but in recent years they've admitted as few as 2 and as many as 18 from the wait list. Pretty grim outlook in my opinion.

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Anyone else who got their application in the door fairly late and is still waiting In Review?

I'm not hoping for much this cycle, but it'd be nice. Probably going to retake in June and get in the door early this fall.
Last edited by BeatenHorse on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

tajudad

New

Post by tajudad » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:11 pm

BeatenHorse wrote:Anyone else who got their in the door fairly late still waiting In Review?

I'm not hoping for much this cycle, but it'd be nice. Probably going to retake in June and get in the door early this fall.

Yes, still waiting. In review since 1/31, app submitted on 1/14. And it's a long weekend! :?

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:14 am

Well at least we both know we're not alone in the wait. :brofist:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Trying a JD 2012

New

Post by Trying a JD 2012 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:01 pm

I am hoping that someone on here can offer me some advice. I apologize if I am asking a question that has been discussed in detail. I was placed on the wait list. It stated in my letter:

Offers of admission are likely to be made to waitlisted applicants beginning in early May when we have a better idea of the number of incoming students who plan to attend this Fall Quarter. If you would like to remain on the waiting list, please e-mail lawadm@uw.edu by April 15.

So here is my question: Should my email be a LOCI or just a very simple reply that I would like to remain on the wait list?

Thank you for your help.

akakak

New

Post by akakak » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Trying a JD 2012 wrote:I am hoping that someone on here can offer me some advice. I apologize if I am asking a question that has been discussed in detail. I was placed on the wait list. It stated in my letter:

Offers of admission are likely to be made to waitlisted applicants beginning in early May when we have a better idea of the number of incoming students who plan to attend this Fall Quarter. If you would like to remain on the waiting list, please e-mail lawadm@uw.edu by April 15.

So here is my question: Should my email be a LOCI or just a very simple reply that I would like to remain on the wait list?

Thank you for your help.
I practically harassed the lady in the admissions office about all this a few weeks ago on a class visit and here's what I got.

1) Only send updates via email.
2) The simpler the better. If you have a genuine update then include it, otherwise just say you're still interested.
3) Send an email every 3 to 4 weeks to indicate your continued interest.
4) It does make a difference if you tell them that UW is your top choice, but only say that if its true.
5) They will start looking at waitlist applicants in May but may keep sending out offers through September.
6) They don't typically admit a lot of students from the waitlist (2-18/year).
7) They reserve a small amount of scholarship money specifically for those admitted off the waitlist.

Hope that helps.

kokorozukai

New

Post by kokorozukai » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am

akakak wrote:
Trying a JD 2012 wrote:I am hoping that someone on here can offer me some advice. I apologize if I am asking a question that has been discussed in detail. I was placed on the wait list. It stated in my letter:

Thank you for your help.
I practically harassed the lady in the admissions office about all this a few weeks ago on a class visit and here's what I got.

2) The simpler the better. If you have a genuine update then include it, otherwise just say you're still interested.
4) It does make a difference if you tell them that UW is your top choice, but only say that if its true.
5) They will start looking at waitlist applicants in May but may keep sending out offers through September.
7) They reserve a small amount of scholarship money specifically for those admitted off the waitlist.

Hope that helps.
I called a few weeks ago and can confirm this. I was told the same things.

NYDCKid2014

New

Post by NYDCKid2014 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:10 pm

kokorozukai wrote:
akakak wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Hope that helps.
I called a few weeks ago and can confirm this. I was told the same things.
Same here, I hope they let in more than 2, UW is my top choice!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HannahGCampbell

New

Post by HannahGCampbell » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey, got wait listed back in January. I was so surprised to get wait listed so early, but I was pleased nonetheless because my LSAT wasn't exactly up to snuff. I really hope I get in off the wait list of course, but trying to be realistic :)

skitlets

Bronze

Post by skitlets » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 am

I requested expedited review of my scholarship application, got nada. No more residency waivers for students. Chances of attending UW are not high now.

3.3x / high 160s.

imadude

New

Post by imadude » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:24 pm

skitlets wrote:I requested expedited review of my scholarship application, got nada. No more residency waivers for students. Chances of attending UW are not high now.

3.3x / high 160s.
How long ago did you request? I requested that early this week and never even got an email back saying they would do the expedited review.

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:12 pm

skitlets wrote:I requested expedited review of my scholarship application, got nada. No more residency waivers for students. Chances of attending UW are not high now.

3.3x / high 160s.
It looks like the residency wavier is only going away for people who are *admitted* after July; at least that's how I read the update.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

skitlets

Bronze

Post by skitlets » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:01 am

BeatenHorse wrote:

3.3x / high 160s.
It looks like the residency wavier is only going away for people who are *admitted* after July; at least that's how I read the update.
Do you mind linking me to the update? Or was it in an email?

I requested the review right after the admit package came, beginning of February I believe. I also asked the Finance Head about residency for education purposes. He stated that the program was ending but the financial aid office is attempting to increase their need-based aid to offset the removal.

Trig9793

New

Post by Trig9793 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Is there still an option on the scholarship application itself to request an expedited review? I submitted mine a few weeks ago, and could not find a box to check along those lines (as the original e-mail had instructed to do). I have competing offers that are much more competitive than UW, and would like to know about my financial situation at UW as soon as possible. Advice? Do I e-mail the financial aid office to request an expedited review? Also, how long after requesting it did you guys hear back about your offers?

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 am

skitlets wrote:
BeatenHorse wrote:

3.3x / high 160s.
Do you mind linking me to the update? Or was it in an email?

I requested the review right after the admit package came, beginning of February I believe. I also asked the Finance Head about residency for education purposes. He stated that the program was ending but the financial aid office is attempting to increase their need-based aid to offset the removal.
It looks like I misread; it only applies if you're *enrolled* before July, which no one admitted to the law school will be. I suppose it depends on what their definition of enrolled is. My bad.

http://www.washington.edu/students/reg/ ... ional.html

skitlets

Bronze

Post by skitlets » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:01 am

Trig9793 wrote:Is there still an option on the scholarship application itself to request an expedited review? I submitted mine a few weeks ago, and could not find a box to check along those lines (as the original e-mail had instructed to do). I have competing offers that are much more competitive than UW, and would like to know about my financial situation at UW as soon as possible. Advice? Do I e-mail the financial aid office to request an expedited review? Also, how long after requesting it did you guys hear back about your offers?
You'll have to email them. Took about a business day or two.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

akakak

New

Post by akakak » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:28 am

I'm thinking of bowing out of this race. I'm from Seattle, want to practice in Seattle and have a great scholly from SU. Can anyone give me a compelling reason to try for UW when I'll have to pay significantly more (and be on the quarter system)?

Waitlisted about a month ago but still haven't submit a LOCI...

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:12 pm

skitlets wrote:
Trig9793 wrote:Is there still an option on the scholarship application itself to request an expedited review? I submitted mine a few weeks ago, and could not find a box to check along those lines (as the original e-mail had instructed to do). I have competing offers that are much more competitive than UW, and would like to know about my financial situation at UW as soon as possible. Advice? Do I e-mail the financial aid office to request an expedited review? Also, how long after requesting it did you guys hear back about your offers?
You'll have to email them. Took about a business day or two.
I just requested an expedited review as well. Did it take a day or two to get a confirmation email, or to get the scholarship offer?

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Hoping that tomorrow, being the last day of February, they'll send out some decisions. We shall see.

chungachguk

New

Post by chungachguk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:09 pm

tajudad wrote:
BeatenHorse wrote:Anyone else who got their in the door fairly late still waiting In Review?

Yes, still waiting. In review since 1/31, app submitted on 1/14. And it's a long weekend! :?

+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tajudad

New

Post by tajudad » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Waitlisted on 2/29.

3.5/165

staloysius

New

Post by staloysius » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:39 pm

tajudad wrote:Waitlisted on 2/29.

3.5/165
Did they contact you via e-mail? My status checker changed to "Decision" today and I am wondering what to expect.

Randomnumbers

Bronze

Post by Randomnumbers » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:41 pm

I was dinged today (wasn't planning on attending anyways, so not really heartbroken about it) and I was informed via email, at which point I checked my status checker and it said "Decision".

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm still on "in review". Their twitter says decisions should be coming all week, so we'll see.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”