Loyola LA 2012 applicants! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
harocutter

New

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Post by harocutter » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Does anyone know about commuting to Loyola by train? Do you think a 1L should live close to campus?

thefourthman

New

Post by thefourthman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:05 pm

harocutter wrote:Does anyone know about commuting to Loyola by train? Do you think a 1L should live close to campus?
When you say train, are you talking subway or metrolink? Where are you coming from? Either way, you'll have to take a bus or walk to the school from a train/subway station. Your best bet would probably be the 7th street metro station, and then either walking the 20 minutes from there or taking a bus. It's really not that bad, most people seem to fear public transit in LA, but I've been doing it for 3 years by choice and it works.

harocutter

New

Post by harocutter » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:33 pm

thefourthman wrote:
harocutter wrote:Does anyone know about commuting to Loyola by train? Do you think a 1L should live close to campus?
When you say train, are you talking subway or metrolink? Where are you coming from? Either way, you'll have to take a bus or walk to the school from a train/subway station. Your best bet would probably be the 7th street metro station, and then either walking the 20 minutes from there or taking a bus. It's really not that bad, most people seem to fear public transit in LA, but I've been doing it for 3 years by choice and it works.

I'm talking about taking the train from orange county to union station. Is that commute worth saving the $10,000 is costs to live in LA for a year?

thefourthman

New

Post by thefourthman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:28 pm

harocutter wrote:
thefourthman wrote:

I'm talking about taking the train from orange county to union station. Is that commute worth saving the $10,000 is costs to live in LA for a year?
That's definitely going to be a commute of over an hour each way. It will be cheaper than living in LA, but you'll have to decide for yourself whether the time lost commuting is worth the $$$ saved. In my opinion, I don't know why you'd want to live in Orange County anyway. Shack up with some roommates (LLS students preferably) in a locale closer to the school, you'll enjoy yourself more and won't feel so isolated.

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:
harocutter wrote:
thefourthman wrote:

That's definitely going to be a commute of over an hour each way. It will be cheaper than living in LA, but you'll have to decide for yourself whether the time lost commuting is worth the $$$ saved. In my opinion, I don't know why you'd want to live in Orange County anyway. Shack up with some roommates (LLS students preferably) in a locale closer to the school, you'll enjoy yourself more and won't feel so isolated.
In response to bolded: If you commute to Union Station, you can take the Red line to 7th Street and then take the shuttle to school. The school sends a shuttle to and from 7th street pretty much all day during the school week.

http://intranet.lls.edu/campus/parkandt ... uttle.html

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thefourthman

New

Post by thefourthman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:43 pm

In response to bolded: If you commute to Union Station, you can take the Red line to 7th Street and then take the shuttle to school. The school sends a shuttle to and from 7th street pretty much all day during the school week.

Good point, I'd forgotten about the shuttle, though it does not change the overall commute time. The good news is there's no driving involved, so perhaps one could use the time on the trains for reading/studying.

caligirl

New

Post by caligirl » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi everyone. I received a Waitlist Reconfirmation Form in the mail today asking if I still want to remain on the waitlist, how likely I am to attend in the fall if granted admission, and whether I prefer day or evening again. Did everyone else receive this or just a few people? Thanks!

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:02 pm

I received that as well. Since I am already planning on going elsewhere I might say remove me. However, part of me wants to see if I would get in. Since I paid the application fee, is it bad that I want to follow this to completion? There is a .042% chance I will go there. ;)

bingbang1025

Bronze

Post by bingbang1025 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:19 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:I received that as well. Since I am already planning on going elsewhere I might say remove me. However, part of me wants to see if I would get in. Since I paid the application fee, is it bad that I want to follow this to completion? There is a .042% chance I will go there. ;)
Yes, it's bad. do the right thing, withdraw and let someone on the waitlist get in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Yeah I figured. I just withdrew. Good luck everyone. :)

lalc1525

New

Post by lalc1525 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 pm

caligirl wrote:Hi everyone. I received a Waitlist Reconfirmation Form in the mail today asking if I still want to remain on the waitlist, how likely I am to attend in the fall if granted admission, and whether I prefer day or evening again. Did everyone else receive this or just a few people? Thanks!
I received the reconfirmation form as well. I have the same questions as you do, but I assume it is sent to all waitlisted candidates. Did anyone hear back from the waitlist recently? Thanks!

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:39 pm

thefourthman wrote:

Good point, I'd forgotten about the shuttle, though it does not change the overall commute time. The good news is there's no driving involved, so perhaps one could use the time on the trains for reading/studying.
True it doesn't change the commute time, but it definitely simplifies it (no walking, etc.) Honestly, I commute and I use my time to catch up on my favorite podcasts, but if you can stand reading on a moving vehicle that is definitely a good option.

caligirl

New

Post by caligirl » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Has anyone heard anything from the Waitlist????

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Asst. Principal Bone

New

Post by Asst. Principal Bone » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 pm

caligirl wrote:Has anyone heard anything from the Waitlist????
I'm off the waitlist and in with a fulll-ride scholarship. Next question. Yodoelayheewhooo...

soxandthecity

New

Post by soxandthecity » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:39 pm

/
Last edited by soxandthecity on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

xiamay

New

Post by xiamay » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:01 pm

I called a couple weeks ago and they said there hasn't been much movement on the WL. :(

lawismylife007

New

Post by lawismylife007 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Admitted off the waitlist today

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:20 pm

thefourthman wrote:

2L Here...I knew a few people that commuted from Northridge, Claremont, and OC. All took the Metrolink (I think) and it was generally about an Hour commute. From what I hear, they didnt mind it. I live in Pasadena and its like 40 mins in traffic. Depending on how you work, an Hour on the train means 2 hours a day that you can study/read/brief. I lost almost an hour and a half just sitting in the car. I plan on taking the metro so I have that time to read each day. HTH and good luck.

lalc1525

New

Post by lalc1525 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:54 pm

lawismylife007 wrote:Admitted off the waitlist today
Congrats!!! So glad to hear some movement from the waitlist! Will you be attending for sure? How did they notify your acceptance?? (email or phone call)! :D

lawismylife007

New

Post by lawismylife007 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks so much. Yes, I am attending and I found out via email, but they said that a package will be coming in the mail as well.
lalc1525 wrote:
lawismylife007 wrote:Admitted off the waitlist today
Congrats!!! So glad to hear some movement from the waitlist! Will you be attending for sure? How did they notify your acceptance?? (email or phone call)! :D

caligirl

New

Post by caligirl » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Also admitted off the waitlist today with money :D so excited. Good luck to you all!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

xiamay

New

Post by xiamay » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:30 pm

congrats to both of you!! can i ask what your stats are? i am anxiously awaiting.. A little confused though because the admissions office said decision would be given through US Mail and not email?

xiamay

New

Post by xiamay » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 am

Got in off the waitlist yesterday. it's a good thing i'm local. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”