NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tmon

Silver

Re: Northwestern Applicants '11-'12 (NOW WITH AWESOME POLL)

Post by tmon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:13 pm

D-hops wrote:renting from individual Condo owners has its benefits.
If you can find it, this is far and away the best option. Going on my second year here and and my second place leased directly from a condo owner. It can be a sweet situation, assuming the owner isn't a tool.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Oh, additional comments:

If the turnout for people with high numbers (ie basilseal and elib) applying ED is lower than expected, I think NU will simply admit fewer people ED (rather than giving full rides to people with lower stats). Then, they will continue to offer full rides to people applying with good numbers RD, as they do in normal cycles.

If the turnout for people with high numbers applying ED is HIGHER than expected, I think the RD cycle will be much more competitive for everyone, BUT only in the sense that splitters who would normally get in will see more WL action. If the high-numbered people who are turned down for a full scholarship decide not to enroll with NU, splitters will still see love. If they decide to matriculate even without the $150K scholly, splitters will probably get shafted.
soj wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote: And, soj--the next time we're both in Chicago, we are DEFINITELY going to boystown. (:!!!
:D we need to get in already!
+1928395234. :P Are the UChi and NU ASW's on the same weekend? If so, that would be AWESOME. :D :D

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:16 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
egirarde wrote:Anyone know how many people NU normally accepts ED? Is it even possible to admit the same number of people and offer them all $150k? I know the endowment's large, but the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think I'm screwed.
FWIW, this is what I think will happen:

NU will admit the same # of people they typically offer full rides via ED

They will reject the people they're not interested in.

Splitters & people who would usually get in ED will be held for RD and then either WL, A, or R. People with full-ride-worthy stats applying RD will be accepted without a full-ride (but possibly with some money). Depending on the turnout for the ED applicants, this may/may not be more competitive than the normal ED process and RD process for splitters.

What were your numbers again, e?
3.21/166 AA male... Really not sure how to read my chances on this one... And by that, I mean scholly or admission. :lol:
Last edited by JustE on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm not sure if they coincide, but I'm sure they each have multiple ASWs so I'm hoping there's at least one coincidence!

I hope this year UVA and Michigan decide to dip below their usual GPA floor, forcing NU to give $ to extreme splitters they used to take for granted. Probably too optimistic, but it's a comforting thought.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:34 pm

soj wrote:I'm not sure if they coincide, but I'm sure they each have multiple ASWs so I'm hoping there's at least one coincidence!

I hope this year UVA and Michigan decide to dip below their usual GPA floor, forcing NU to give $ to extreme splitters they used to take for granted. Probably too optimistic, but it's a comforting thought.
<3 you for this hope, mainly because I know that you don't need that boost at all but you're just looking out for us splitters. <3 :mrgreen: I definitely +1 that hope, though it's for decidedly selfish reasons :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

catmo

Bronze

Post by catmo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:45 pm

So my status date is still 11/3/11 (the day I went complete). Has anyone seen status date movement?

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:49 pm

catmo wrote:So my status date is still 11/3/11 (the day I went complete). Has anyone seen status date movement?
Nope. Not a bit.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:55 pm

As far as we know, catmo, they've only been reading applications for 3 days or so. I'm sure it'll take them some time to get back to us, unfortunately. Don't worry though, no movement is definitely normal at this point. :D

Boston_NYG2245

Bronze

Post by Boston_NYG2245 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:57 pm

catmo wrote:So my status date is still 11/3/11 (the day I went complete). Has anyone seen status date movement?
I think the complete date is the same as under review (at least that's what the sentence at the top of the page on my status check implies) I went complete/UR late November and it says 6-8 weeks before a decision, so I wouldn't start sweating it yet, especially since it doesn't seem like any decisions have come out yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jewel628

New

Post by Jewel628 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:01 pm

My date did change. Original complete date was 11/15 and it changed on 11/28. Reverse Splitter.

catmo

Bronze

Post by catmo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Sigh. There seem to be no loopholes in this. Not even a status date change breadcrumb.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:02 pm

catmo wrote:Sigh. There seem to be no loopholes in this. Not even a status date change breadcrumb.
I know. It's frustrating to see other schools handing out decisions already when we don't really have anything to go off yet. Once decisions start coming out though, I expect this thread to be a shitshow (of awesomeness, naturally :mrgreen: )

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:02 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:JDizzle--did you clear your alt with the mods? I assume so but I just wanted to ask because otherwise you might get banned for alting because they don't know that you're not trying to be an alt-troll or something :lol:

And, soj--the next time we're both in Chicago, we are DEFINITELY going to boystown. (:!!!
Thanks for the heads up. I did not clear it with mods... should I just PM any of them?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:07 pm

A shitshow of awesomeness... I must say, I do approve...

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:10 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:JDizzle--did you clear your alt with the mods? I assume so but I just wanted to ask because otherwise you might get banned for alting because they don't know that you're not trying to be an alt-troll or something :lol:

And, soj--the next time we're both in Chicago, we are DEFINITELY going to boystown. (:!!!
Thanks for the heads up. I did not clear it with mods... should I just PM any of them?
If you have any mod in particular that you have a relationship with, you should PM them. Otherwise, any of them will do. As a warning, they might not be happy with the alting, because they try and patrol that a lot, but I think they should be fine with it since you're telling them and you've already done it. Usually they don't allow alts or name changes unless the previous name was particularly revealing (ie, [firstinitial][lastname] or [firstname][school]).

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:57 pm

My stalking abilities have informed me that basil just got a KB1. I don't really want to tag the Harvard thread, so I'm asking him here--does this mean he's not going to be interested in NU anymore? ):

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:00 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:My stalking abilities have informed me that basil just got a KB1. I don't really want to tag the Harvard thread, so I'm asking him here--does this mean he's not going to be interested in NU anymore? ):
Did he ED? :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:01 pm

egirarde wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:My stalking abilities have informed me that basil just got a KB1. I don't really want to tag the Harvard thread, so I'm asking him here--does this mean he's not going to be interested in NU anymore? ):
I think so...but if he gets a KB2 before getting into NU, he might withdraw, right?

elibrarian

Bronze

Post by elibrarian » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:03 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
egirarde wrote:
I think so...but if he gets a KB2 before getting into NU, he might withdraw, right?
He did ED. Also I hope his Chicago love is stronger than the lure of Harvard.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm

elibrarian wrote:He did ED. Also I hope his Chicago love is stronger than the lure of Harvard.
Me too!! :mrgreen: (Same with you when you get your KB1 ;) )

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:06 pm

elibrarian wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
egirarde wrote:
He did ED. Also I hope his Chicago love is stronger than the lure of Harvard.
Good point. Didn't think about withdrawing...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

elibrarian

Bronze

Post by elibrarian » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:09 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
elibrarian wrote:He did ED. Also I hope his Chicago love is stronger than the lure of Harvard.
Haha that is very unlikely. NU has always been and will always be my first choice, Harvard be damned.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm

elibrarian wrote:Haha that is very unlikely. NU has always been and will always be my first choice, Harvard be damned.
Now if that doesn't make Johann swoon and auto-admit you, I don't know WHAT will!!

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:11 pm

elibrarian wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Haha that is very unlikely. NU has always been and will always be my first choice, Harvard be damned.
That's love...

basilseal

Bronze

Post by basilseal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:12 pm

:lol: Talk about first world problems.

All joking aside, I'd be incredibly pleased with going into crushing debt for Harvard or emerging scot-free from NU. It's the kind of dilemma I'd love to have, and I'm hardly going to be kicking myself if I somehow get both, as unlikely as I think that is.

My Chicago love remains strong. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”