UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:30 am

Image

Applications will be available September 1

NOTE: UVA does give out solicited merit-based fee waivers. I received mine on 22 July, 2011.

Application Instructions: http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/prospectives/jdapp.htm
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score (or GMAT score if applying for the J.D./M.B.A. program, if the applicant wishes).
- Transcript of prior academic record, submitted through the Credential Assembly Service (CAS)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement(s) and résumé; additional personal statements or any other addenda may be submitted.
- $80 application fee
- Application for In-State Educational Privileges, if seeking classification as a resident student

Important Dates: http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/prospectives/jdapp.htm
We will begin receiving applications for the J.D. program on Sept. 1, 2011. Applying on or before March 1, 2012 guarantees that we will issue a decision no later than April 15, 2012.

JD Status Checker: https://law17.law.virginia.edu/YourStat ... logon.aspx
________________________________________________________________________

c/o 2014 Reference Threads:
Applicants: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=134255
Attending: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=125933
Waitlisted: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=146956
________________________________________________________________________

Countdown Timer to first date that applicants can submit application:
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/cus ... =00&p0=179

UVA Decision Date Graph, 2009-2010
Image

Decision Date Spreadsheet for Oct/Nov Apps:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... 37MF#gid=0

LSN 2011-2012 Cycle Applicants: http://uva.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants
LSN 2010-2011 Cycle Applicants: http://uva.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/1011/
Last edited by Hawkeye Pierce on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chem » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 am

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:NOTE: UVA does give out solicited merit-based fee waivers. I received mine on 22 July, 2011.



Yeah, they do a really fast turn around too. I got mine the day after asking. i'll be applying here, though I won't have any ED magic to help

thanks4themem08
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thanks4themem08 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:23 am

chem wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:NOTE: UVA does give out solicited merit-based fee waivers. I received mine on 22 July, 2011.



Yeah, they do a really fast turn around too. I got mine the day after asking. i'll be applying here, though I won't have any ED magic to help


I was told you can email admissions for a fee-waiver. Is it that easy?

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chem » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:25 am

thanks4themem08 wrote:
chem wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:NOTE: UVA does give out solicited merit-based fee waivers. I received mine on 22 July, 2011.



Yeah, they do a really fast turn around too. I got mine the day after asking. i'll be applying here, though I won't have any ED magic to help


I was told you can email admissions for a fee-waiver. Is it that easy?


yep, all you have to do is tell them you are interested in applying, and provide your LSAT, GPA, and LSAC number.

tener
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:41 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tener » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:43 am

chem wrote:
thanks4themem08 wrote:
chem wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:NOTE: UVA does give out solicited merit-based fee waivers. I received mine on 22 July, 2011.



Yeah, they do a really fast turn around too. I got mine the day after asking. i'll be applying here, though I won't have any ED magic to help


I was told you can email admissions for a fee-waiver. Is it that easy?


yep, all you have to do is tell them you are interested in applying, and provide your LSAT, GPA, and LSAC number.


Do they deny fee waivers? My LSAT score - 15X - isn't exactly UVA's sweet spot.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emkay625 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Checking in.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:25 pm

tener wrote:Do they deny fee waivers? My LSAT score - 15X - isn't exactly UVA's sweet spot.

Ask; you have nothing to lose.

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:29 pm

soj wrote:
tener wrote:Do they deny fee waivers? My LSAT score - 15X - isn't exactly UVA's sweet spot.

Ask; you have nothing to lose.

inb4 the waitlist.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soj » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:30 pm

dakure wrote:
soj wrote:
tener wrote:Do they deny fee waivers? My LSAT score - 15X - isn't exactly UVA's sweet spot.

Ask; you have nothing to lose.

inb4 the waitlist.

didntapplylol.gif

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vincanity1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Checking in. Definitely one of my top choices.

User avatar
Ernert
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ernert » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Definitely very interested in this school, thanks for the info, especially RE: merit-based fee waivers. I just sent my email. I was wondering if anyone knows the other T20 schools that will offer solicited waivers?

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:31 pm

$20 says I get waitlisted.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Sheehan wrote:Definitely very interested in this school, thanks for the info, especially RE: merit-based fee waivers. I just sent my email. I was wondering if anyone knows the other T20 schools that will offer solicited waivers?


I believe GULC might but I'm not 100% sure. I don't think any other T14 do, and I'm not sure about schools outside of the T14.

User avatar
Gecko of Doom
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Gecko of Doom » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Sheehan wrote:Definitely very interested in this school, thanks for the info, especially RE: merit-based fee waivers. I just sent my email. I was wondering if anyone knows the other T20 schools that will offer solicited waivers?


I believe GULC might but I'm not 100% sure. I don't think any other T14 do, and I'm not sure about schools outside of the T14.

When I asked last cycle, GULC wouldn't give me one. I had gotten unsolicited waivers most other places in the lower T14.

Could just be me, though.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:44 pm

My god, I'm getting old. Good luck, y'all.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chem » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:14 am

Sheehan wrote:Definitely very interested in this school, thanks for the info, especially RE: merit-based fee waivers. I just sent my email. I was wondering if anyone knows the other T20 schools that will offer solicited waivers?


I got a solicited GULC

User avatar
Ernert
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ernert » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:41 am

Sweet, had the waiver in my inbox this morning, OP was def right about fast turn-around! I got GULC unsolicited after the June LSAT, but thanks for the info about them too.

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Sheehan wrote:Sweet, had the waiver in my inbox this morning, OP was def right about fast turn-around! I got GULC unsolicited after the June LSAT, but thanks for the info about them too.


What he said.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:28 pm

UVA I love you; please love me back.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks HP for the info! I think we are applying to all the same schools.

I guess I should email them for my fee waiver. That will be a total of 1 (to the schools I intend to apply).

User avatar
Perdevise
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Perdevise » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:18 pm

I talked to the Director of Admissions of UVA at the Chicago LSAC Forum, and he gave me a fee waiver on a little card after some friendly conversation, didn't even ask for my numbers.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Eichörnchen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Perdevise wrote:I talked to the Director of Admissions of UVA at the Chicago LSAC Forum, and he gave me a fee waiver on a little card after some friendly conversation, didn't even ask for my numbers.

Goddamn it I feel like I shoulda gone :(

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dakure » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:28 pm

Where do you even sign up for those things?

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:40 pm

PSUdevon wrote:$20 says I get waitlisted.



That's probably a safe bet. UVA waitlists people like nobody's business. If your numbers are too low: waitlist (they seem to like soft rejections). If your numbers are too high: waitlist (they love yield protecting). If your numbers are just right (and you write a good "Why UVA?") you might avoid it.

Love UVA. Hate their waitlist policies.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: UVA c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Can we just make the Waitlisted at UVA 2012 Cycle thread now and get it over with? If I didn't want waitlisted badly enough, I'd ED.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brinicolec, joezze, liuwenyu, rizzlebizness, Why???, xnsch and 16 guests