Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PopTorts13

Bronze

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Post by PopTorts13 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Who in here went under review on Dec 13th and then received a complete email on the 22nd, but hasn't heard anything since then? Curious about our odds of earning a kb1, provided that our app and numbers are great.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Dear Harvard,

You made most of us pay the $85, unlike other schools that gave us fee waiver, why is your application process stil slow and shitty? Duke was free and I heard back in like 10 days, Also Uchicago and Upenn were free and they have gotten back to me. Shouldn't the $85 speed up the process? Please stop sitting on our KB1s, we all know the app pool is smaller, you are freaking Harvard if you admit us we will be come.

Thank YOu
Sharktankdean

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:42 pm

JosephusMyer wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Didn't you get the memo? Class is full already.
OK. Who's up for a fraud lawsuit for continuing to accept application fees when there are no more spaces? :wink:
how is that in any way illegal?

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:56 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
JosephusMyer wrote:
OK. Who's up for a fraud lawsuit for continuing to accept application fees when there are no more spaces? :wink:
Continuing to accept payment for a service you know you cannot provide seems kinda illegal to me?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:02 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
JosephusMyer wrote:
Continuing to accept payment for a service you know you cannot provide seems kinda illegal to me?
they are providing the service. The service is review of the application. Besides, they lose people to yield all the time. They have to over-admit to fill the class. They aren't required to admit based on previous yield rates. There are too many vague variables to concretely call anything of this nature really illegal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JosephusMyer

New

Post by JosephusMyer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
JosephusMyer wrote:Nulli Secundus":Didn't you get the memo? Class is full already.

they are providing the service. The service is review of the application. Besides, they lose people to yield all the time. They have to over-admit to fill the class. They aren't required to admit based on previous yield rates. There are too many vague variables to concretely call anything of this nature really illegal.
OK, firstly, it's a joke. Detailed analysis of whether it is actually accurate is not necessary.

Secondly, it's true that even when the class has filled up, applications are still considered and waitlisted, so you couldn't really sue them.

Thirdly, if I were running a raffle and I sold you a ticket, if I didn't put it the draw I would be in breach of contract by failing to comply with my obligations (giving you a chance to win the prize). If I sold you a ticket knowing that there were no more prizes left and, knowing this, I represented to you that there were prizes you could win, that is (civil) fraud.

But please, let's not get into detailed analysis of it. It was a joke; let's leave it there.

TheWatch

New

Post by TheWatch » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:33 pm

This conversation was entirely necessary.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:59 pm

TheWatch wrote:This conversation was entirely necessary.
I dunno, I found it kinda funny :p

vodkashot

New

Post by vodkashot » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:53 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:Who in here went under review on Dec 13th and then received a complete email on the 22nd, but hasn't heard anything since then? Curious about our odds of earning a kb1, provided that our app and numbers are great.

Me.

But my numbers are only OK (slightly below LSAT median, above GPA median) so I'm won't be terribly surprised if I don't get a KB1.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:43 am

Dear KB,

I hope this message finds you well.

I do not know if you look at this forum, or if you've figured out which applicant I am yet, if you'd even care about such things.

Be that as it may, I am writing to inform you of my availability for a KB1 at any time this week--during business hours at my desk or at 3:00 A.M. No matter the time or place, I will answer the phone professionally and impress you with my personable conversation. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Byzantine

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:24 am

Byzantine wrote:Dear KB,

I hope this message finds you well.

I do not know if you look at this forum, or if you've figured out which applicant I am yet, if you'd even care about such things.

Be that as it may, I am writing to inform you of my availability for a KB1 at any time this week--during business hours at my desk or at 3:00 A.M. No matter the time or place, I will answer the phone professionally and impress you with my personable conversation. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Byzantine
Yes!

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:58 am

http://harvard.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... r=desc&p=2

Looks like mostly rejections at this time last year :(

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 pm

JosephusMyer wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
OK, firstly, it's a joke. Detailed analysis of whether it is actually accurate is not necessary.

Secondly, it's true that even when the class has filled up, applications are still considered and waitlisted, so you couldn't really sue them.

Thirdly, if I were running a raffle and I sold you a ticket, if I didn't put it the draw I would be in breach of contract by failing to comply with my obligations (giving you a chance to win the prize). If I sold you a ticket knowing that there were no more prizes left and, knowing this, I represented to you that there were prizes you could win, that is (civil) fraud.

But please, let's not get into detailed analysis of it. It was a joke; let's leave it there.
:oops:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:00 pm

And the start of a new week...anyone get anything today?

Blessedassurance

Gold

Post by Blessedassurance » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:42 am

Pardon my condescension but I just dropped in to wish you all the best this week and beyond. Hang in there!

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:10 am

Blessedassurance wrote:Pardon my condescension but I just dropped in to wish you all the best this week and beyond. Hang in there!
We would not have taken it as such if you did not point out that your post was condescending. But since you pointed that out, and now that we know your intention was to be condescending, we all hate you. Hope this helps.

LaCumparsita

Bronze

Post by LaCumparsita » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:27 am

Hahaha nice Nulli Secundus. I was thinking the exact same thing. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:30 am

LaCumparsita wrote:Hahaha nice Nulli Secundus. I was thinking the exact same thing. :)
If I'm not mistaken, you're condescending to us lowly applicants as well.

LaCumparsita

Bronze

Post by LaCumparsita » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 am

Yes, I was accepted if that's what you mean, but I'm not condescending to you. I too thought the word 'condescension' was a bit condescending. And I too am a lowly applicant. :)

phx

New

Post by phx » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:45 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:Pardon my condescension but I just dropped in to wish you all the best this week and beyond. Hang in there!
We would not have taken it as such if you did not point out that your post was condescending. But since you pointed that out, and now that we know your intention was to be condescending, we all hate you. Hope this helps.
This. :lol: But thanks for your well wishes!

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:07 pm

LaCumparsita wrote:Yes, I was accepted if that's what you mean, but I'm not condescending to you. I too thought the word 'condescension' was a bit condescending. And I too am a lowly applicant. :)
Well, I'm glad you can still stop by this thread and be friends with us. Most people change once they get to the "IN!!!!" thread.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

larsoner

Bronze

Post by larsoner » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Byzantine wrote:
LaCumparsita wrote:Yes, I was accepted if that's what you mean, but I'm not condescending to you. I too thought the word 'condescension' was a bit condescending. And I too am a lowly applicant. :)
Well, I'm glad you can still stop by this thread and be friends with us. Most people change once they get to the "IN!!!!" thread.
lol, the "in"-crowd

Blessedassurance

Gold

Post by Blessedassurance » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:We would not have taken it as such if you did not point out that your post was condescending. But since you pointed that out, and now that we know your intention was to be condescending, we all hate you. Hope this helps.
Don't be a law student.

LaCumparsita

Bronze

Post by LaCumparsita » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Byzantine wrote:
I like to keep my old friends and make new ones. :)

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Zombie apocalypse @ Cambridge. Confirm / deny?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”