Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kulshan

Bronze

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Post by kulshan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Curious1 wrote:
kulshan wrote:
Curious1 wrote:Let's play a fun game.

I predict that the first TLS'er will receive his/her KB1 invite on.....NOVEMBER 3rd.
I'll take Oct. 31. Spooky, scary, like a werewolf bar mitzvah.
Winner gets a scorpion bowl at the Hong Kong when we all go to ASW :D
Every word of that confuses, frightens, and excites me.

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Every word of that confuses, frightens, and excites me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vincanity1

Silver

Post by vincanity1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:01 am

October 31. Optimistic and just in time to completely distract me right before my huge finance test

Edit: Saw kulshan's prediction. Imma go with Nov 1st now

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:07 am

Curious1 wrote:
kulshan wrote:

I predict that the first TLS'er will receive his/her KB1 invite on.....NOVEMBER 3rd.
I'll take this bet! I'm going to say Nov 1st!

vincanity1

Silver

Post by vincanity1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
kulshan wrote:

I'll take this bet! I'm going to say Nov 1st!
Not so fast, bub

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HindolafBakthek

New

Post by HindolafBakthek » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:31 am

So no one knows by when I should submit my app to catch the first wave?

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:34 am

HindolafBakthek wrote:So no one knows by when I should submit my app to catch the first wave?
Before Monday. Although I think you might already be too late.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 am

With all this talk of KB1s, how does the process work for those lucky enough to get one?

Are you told the precise time for your interview? Are you told a date and time range? Do you choose from a few times or ranges?

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:With all this talk of KB1s, how does the process work for those lucky enough to get one?

Are you told the precise time for your interview? Are you told a date and time range? Do you choose from a few times or ranges?
I think they pick a precise time and if you're not free you can reschedule. But if I get one I would move my wedding day to accommodate.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:51 am

Curious1 wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:With all this talk of KB1s, how does the process work for those lucky enough to get one?

I think they pick a precise time and if you're not free you can reschedule. But if I get one I would move my wedding day to accommodate.
Great - that sounds good to me. It would be awful if they gave you a two day range, for example - I'd probably spend the time just waiting at home for the phone to ring.

Yup - I definitely want one now :lol:

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:06 am

I'm going to predict Nov 2 for the first KB email.

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:40 am

Can they go out on weekends? If yes then I'll take Oct 29th for the first KB email, otherwise 28th :P...maybe a bit too optimistic lol

tronredo

New

Post by tronredo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 am

I will get into Harvard Law in Jesus' Name.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mjitbswyd

Bronze

Post by mjitbswyd » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 am

Why does everybody think it'll be next (or this) week?

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:00 am

mjitbswyd wrote:Why does everybody think it'll be next (or this) week?
Because its already been delayed 2 weeks based on last year's schedule and several of us have been under review for a few weeks now. Last year, once people ticked over, they started issuing invites within a week. So by both standards, this year is a little behind.

HLS usually does its first round of admits just prior to Thanksgiving. Last year that meant JR1s first up waited 6 weeks after their first interview to hear. The good news is that this year, it will likely be more like 4 weeks at the most given the delay.

mjitbswyd

Bronze

Post by mjitbswyd » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 am

MumofCad wrote:
Because its already been delayed 2 weeks based on last year's schedule and several of us have been under review for a few weeks now. Last year, once people ticked over, they started issuing invites within a week. So by both standards, this year is a little behind.

HLS usually does its first round of admits just prior to Thanksgiving. Last year that meant JR1s first up waited 6 weeks after their first interview to hear. The good news is that this year, it will likely be more like 4 weeks at the most given the delay.
Thanks. But I thought they changed the ad director from JR to a lady, maybe this means delayed decision as well?

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:51 am

mjitbswyd wrote:
MumofCad wrote:

Thanks. But I thought they changed the ad director from JR to a lady, maybe this means delayed decision as well?
She's run it as an interim before and the schedule was largely the same. Let's hope that holds. We have no way to know, but that is why people are guessing that a few weeks make sense but a month delay would start to seem....odd.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:10 am

vincanity1 wrote:October 31. Optimistic and just in time to completely distract me right before my huge finance test

Edit: Saw kulshan's prediction. Imma go with Nov 1st now
Ah! Didn't see that edit. I'll be less optimistic then and go with Nov 7th!

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
Curious1 wrote:

Great - that sounds good to me. It would be awful if they gave you a two day range, for example - I'd probably spend the time just waiting at home for the phone to ring.

Yup - I definitely want one now :lol:
When I got one last year the email gave a 30 minute window. Said Tuesday X February between 3:00pm and 3:30pm. I sat there STARING at my phone until 3:17 and when it rang I nearly had a heart attack.

icedflames

Bronze

Post by icedflames » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:18 am

How long exactly are the conversations? And what is being discussed?

I'm not sure if I should give them my work number or simply take a half hour break to take the call.

ladybug89

Bronze

Post by ladybug89 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:44 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Nov 7
Yeah, last year the first ones were on a Friday so I'm guessing Nov. 7.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ladybug89

Bronze

Post by ladybug89 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:55 am

icedflames wrote:How long exactly are the conversations? And what is being discussed?

I'm not sure if I should give them my work number or simply take a half hour break to take the call.
generally not longer than 10 minutes (with exceptions) and typically they tell you what you'll be asked. last year the questions were why harvard and why law, and maybe something about your resume/app.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 pm

ladybug89 wrote:
icedflames wrote:How long exactly are the conversations? And what is being discussed?

generally not longer than 10 minutes (with exceptions) and typically they tell you what you'll be asked. last year the questions were why harvard and why law, and maybe something about your resume/app.
This. For me JR asked what other schools I was considering as well :/

mjitbswyd

Bronze

Post by mjitbswyd » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:15 pm

the completion email comes:

Dear ?:

As of today, your application to Harvard Law School is complete. This means that we have received and assembled all required materials and submitted your application for review. Applications are reviewed roughly in order of their completion dates and many applications become complete on approximately the same date.

The time it takes to review an application and notify a candidate of the Committee's decision varies from case to case. It normally takes about two months from the date of submission to the committee for a decision to be made and notification sent. During that period, your application is under consideration in the Committee. We will notify you promptly once a decision is made. Those decision notifications will be made via email.

You may check the status of your Harvard Law School application online. This feature will allow you to monitor the status of your file at your convenience. Although we cannot respond to status inquiries by telephone or e-mail, this is one way for you to remain informed about the progress of your application. To check your application status online, please visit http://www.law.harvard.edu/prospective/ ... check.html. We will not normally provide admission decisions by telephone. We ask that you do not call or email our office for your decision.

We will not release any information on an application to anyone other than the applicant. Address changes must be made in writing and sent via postal mail. We do not accept email attachments or faxed documents. These practices help to protect confidentiality and privacy. If you wish to add material to your application, please do so via postal mail and make sure your name and LSAC account number are on the documents.

Thank you for applying to Harvard Law School.

Harvard Law School
J.D. Admissions Office
1563 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02138

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Same here. Glad I saw this first, so I didn't get my hopes up.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”