PENN WAITLIST

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sayedy88

PENN WAITLIST

Postby sayedy88 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Hey all...
I got an email yesterday regarding my status as a Penn Law Waitlisted applicant. I know its pretty late in the game but I have my heart set on this school.
Did anyone else recieve the email yesterday? I know people posted previous waitist updates from Penn, however I was a bit surprised to see no make a post on yesterdays email. Here is a copy.
Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Pennsylvania Law School. I write to update you regarding your status as a waitlisted applicant.

The Admissions Committee has continued an ongoing review of all candidates on the waitlist. At this point, the waitlist is very small as most candidates have been released. The waitlist is not ranked and all members of the Committee are very familiar with your application.

Historically, minor changes to the incoming class between now and the end of August have provided the opportunity to make a few additional offers of admission to waitlisted applicants. Additional offers continue to be determined by the actions of our deposited students and our peer schools. Offers can be made as late as Wednesday, August 31, the first day of Orientation. Please know the Committee does everything we can to avoid this situation. Rest assured that we will continue to keep you promptly informed.

We fully understand that many schools begin orientation programs and/or classes next week, and that you may be faced with tuition bills, final travel arrangements, and/or the necessity to secure housing. If you are in this position, and believe you will no longer be in the position to accept an offer of admission and enroll, please reply directly to this email to remove your name from the waitlist.

MG1224911

Re: PENN WAITLIST

Postby MG1224911 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:30 pm

In off the wait list!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”