NYU Waitlist 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Welcome! Thought id start a thread for us waitlisted folk at NYU...can track movement (if there is any at all this year!), discuss whatever we want, etc etc. I am def staying on the waitlist...got my confirmation this morning that they received my response and added it to my file.

User avatar
happyfeet
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby happyfeet » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:02 pm

thanks for starting this thread. i'm definitely riding this one to the very end - love, love, love nyu.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:05 pm

yo

lawscholar20
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby lawscholar20 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Checking in.

I would die to get in off the WL!!!! Does anyone know the average size of NYU's incoming classes?

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 pm

lawscholar20 wrote:Checking in.

I would die to get in off the WL!!!! Does anyone know the average size of NYU's incoming classes?


somewhere between 450 and 470ish I think. Website says fall 2010 entering class was 476.

Have people already submitted LOCIs?

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:50 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
Have people already submitted LOCIs?

I haven't yet.

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
Have people already submitted LOCIs?

I haven't yet.


Me either...figure should probably do it soon but I'm a procrastinator :/

EDIT: Are people gonna snail mail or email attachment?

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:19 am

ilovemulch wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
Have people already submitted LOCIs?

I haven't yet.


Me either...figure should probably do it soon but I'm a procrastinator :/

EDIT: Are people gonna snail mail or email attachment?


Good q. wondering this myself.

Didn't get a confirmation yet though, so for safety's sake will probably LOCI by email tomorrow. Maybe both? Although that might reek of desperation...

User avatar
happyfeet
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby happyfeet » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:22 am

i actually sent a loci about two months ago (eager beaver i am) - emailed it and received confirmation within a day that it had been received and would be added to my file

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 am

ilovemulch wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
Have people already submitted LOCIs?

I haven't yet.


Me either...figure should probably do it soon but I'm a procrastinator :/

EDIT: Are people gonna snail mail or email attachment?

Email. Communicating by snail mail is TTT (a lesson that NYU should take to heart).

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby RTFM » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 am

Sticking it out on the waitlist as well, and working on the LOCI.

Also, I have a 3rd LOR that I never sent NYU from my TFA program director. I'm thinking about sending the LOR their way, but NYU seems to only like academic updates... anyone have advice?

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:45 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
ilovemulch wrote:
Have people already submitted LOCIs?

I haven't yet.


Me either...figure should probably do it soon but I'm a procrastinator :/

EDIT: Are people gonna snail mail or email attachment?

Email. Communicating by snail mail is TTT (a lesson that NYU should take to heart).


When you email, do you do it as an attachment or in the body of the email? I always heard it's recommended to snail mail bc then someone will have to actually open up the mail and see your letter, whereas with an email they have to open attachment and print it out...i.e. less likely to do that? But I dunno how true that is...

lawscholar20
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby lawscholar20 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:09 am

happyfeet wrote:i actually sent a loci about two months ago (eager beaver i am) - emailed it and received confirmation within a day that it had been received and would be added to my file

+1

Sent one in on 4/20 >> WL 4/25

lawscholar20
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby lawscholar20 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:12 am

I would say do both.

Send the email as an attachment.

This was the confirmation I received after sending in via email:

Thank you for your e-mail. Your letter has been printed and will be added to your file.

Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
NYU School of Law

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:01 am

checking in. I responded to the email and said keep me on the waitlist. Did anyone do this and get a response back?

lawscholar20
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby lawscholar20 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:51 am

ilovemulch wrote:Welcome! Thought id start a thread for us waitlisted folk at NYU...can track movement (if there is any at all this year!), discuss whatever we want, etc etc. I am def staying on the waitlist...got my confirmation this morning that they received my response and added it to my file.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:checking in. I responded to the email and said keep me on the waitlist. Did anyone do this and get a response back?


I'm wondering the same thing!

Guy
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby Guy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:13 pm

i got a response this morning, 5 days since I sent my email

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:25 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:checking in. I responded to the email and said keep me on the waitlist. Did anyone do this and get a response back?


I'm wondering the same thing!


yeah I had a delayed response of 2 bus days

angryhedgehog
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby angryhedgehog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Has anyone received the actual hard copies of the waitlist materials? I've been digging through my mail and can't find a thing.

Also, in my LOCI, I mentioned that I would enroll if offered admission. Is this generally regarded as a no-no? :(

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:49 pm

angryhedgehog wrote:Has anyone received the actual hard copies of the waitlist materials? I've been digging through my mail and can't find a thing.

Also, in my LOCI, I mentioned that I would enroll if offered admission. Is this generally regarded as a no-no? :(


I don't know that they're going to send hard copies of that stuff...my guess is no. As for your second Q, don't think it's a no-no. Plentyyyyy of applicants say this though, so doubt it really has that much impact. I think demonstrating your interest via LOCI is what counts.

angryhedgehog
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby angryhedgehog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:02 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
angryhedgehog wrote:Has anyone received the actual hard copies of the waitlist materials? I've been digging through my mail and can't find a thing.

Also, in my LOCI, I mentioned that I would enroll if offered admission. Is this generally regarded as a no-no? :(


I don't know that they're going to send hard copies of that stuff...my guess is no. As for your second Q, don't think it's a no-no. Plentyyyyy of applicants say this though, so doubt it really has that much impact. I think demonstrating your interest via LOCI is what counts.



"But NYU, I know tons of people say it, but I REALLY mean it!"

nadopretz
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby nadopretz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Joining the group. I sent in my LOCI with updates to my application before getting waitlisted (I had been promoted etc, so it was more of an FYI than just LOCI), and got waitlisted the same day. My inclination is to not send anything additional, but do we think that may be a mistake?
I also responded to the email immediately after receiving it, and haven't heard anything back. That was six days ago. Thoughts?

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:18 pm

nadopretz wrote:Joining the group. I sent in my LOCI with updates to my application before getting waitlisted (I had been promoted etc, so it was more of an FYI than just LOCI), and got waitlisted the same day. My inclination is to not send anything additional, but do we think that may be a mistake?
I also responded to the email immediately after receiving it, and haven't heard anything back. That was six days ago. Thoughts?


yeahhhh i mean my email back was sort of a mini, mini LOCI...just like 3 sentences restating my interest. I wonder if they considered it an update to my file that they then needed to tell me was received?

Did the other people who got a response also write a mini LOCI?

Dear ilovemulch,

Thank you for your response. We have updated your file to indicate your interest in remaining on the waitlist.

We thank you for your continued interest in NYU School of Law.

Kind regards,
Office of Admissions
NYU School of Law

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: NYU Waitlist 2011

Postby RTFM » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 pm

ilovemulch wrote:
nadopretz wrote:Joining the group. I sent in my LOCI with updates to my application before getting waitlisted (I had been promoted etc, so it was more of an FYI than just LOCI), and got waitlisted the same day. My inclination is to not send anything additional, but do we think that may be a mistake?
I also responded to the email immediately after receiving it, and haven't heard anything back. That was six days ago. Thoughts?


yeahhhh i mean my email back was sort of a mini, mini LOCI...just like 3 sentences restating my interest. I wonder if they considered it an update to my file that they then needed to tell me was received?

Did the other people who got a response also write a mini LOCI?

Dear ilovemulch,

Thank you for your response. We have updated your file to indicate your interest in remaining on the waitlist.

We thank you for your continued interest in NYU School of Law.

Kind regards,
Office of Admissions
NYU School of Law


I got that message today too, and it's been six days since I sent my response (which was literally one sentence saying I absolutely wanted to remain on the waitlist, and then I confirmed my info). So I think they're probably sending responses to everyone. If the rest of this cycle has been any indicator, we should probably just assume that all contact with NYU is going to be SLOOOOOOOW.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”