Transfer Widerner -> Temple

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
arm5149

Transfer Widerner -> Temple

Postby arm5149 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:01 pm

I got dinged at Temple Law for 2011-2012 school year. I'm thinking about going to Widener and transferring out after the first year. Has anyone done this? What are the chances of being accepted? And I would most likely transfer to the part-time program at Temple and continue working full time.

Justathought

Re: Transfer Widerner -> Temple

Postby Justathought » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 pm

arm5149 wrote:I got dinged at Temple Law for 2011-2012 school year. I'm thinking about going to Widener and transferring out after the first year. Has anyone done this? What are the chances of being accepted? And I would most likely transfer to the part-time program at Temple and continue working full time.

Well, the chances are probably pretty good if you were in the top 15% of your class, but its not a certainty.

Now, prepare to be slaughtered on this board for asking about attending one school with the intention of transferring to another. Its considered to be an extremely dangerous move, since you have no way of predicting your law school performance. There will be many students looking to make similar moves, from Widener and schools throughout the country. Most will not make it.

RockyIII

Postby RockyIII » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:15 pm

lol

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:29 pm

arm5149 wrote:I got dinged at Temple Law for 2011-2012 school year. I'm thinking about going to Widener and transferring out after the first year. Has anyone done this? What are the chances of being accepted? And I would most likely transfer to the part-time program at Temple and continue working full time.

You have to be top 20% for Temple to consider you as a transfer applicant. Generally, I've heard some pretty lol stories about what Widener students write on their exams (someone getting a B on an exam question calling for minimum contacts where they mix up the fair play and minimum contacts), so if you're not a moron top 20% should be attainable. However, top 20% won't be a lock, and prospects out of Widener are dismal for most.

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Like my pre-law advisor told me:

Don't take a girl to the prom with the intention of ditching her when you get there. Ask someone you'll be happy with because the girl of your dreams just might not be interested!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”