Waitlist Hell

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sreichel
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby sreichel » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:17 am

zla2014 wrote:Applied to 18 schools, 10 waitlists as of this am!

I already got into one of my "reach" schools though so watevs.

Anybody beating me percentage wise? I'm still waiting on 2 apps


Out of 17 apps, 13 waitlists. That's... 77%ish? Come back when you're worthy

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby zla2014 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:39 pm

sreichel wrote:
zla2014 wrote:Applied to 18 schools, 10 waitlists as of this am!

I already got into one of my "reach" schools though so watevs.

Anybody beating me percentage wise? I'm still waiting on 2 apps


Out of 17 apps, 13 waitlists. That's... 77%ish? Come back when you're worthy



I also have 2 rejects so that puts me at 12/18. So, when I find out I've been waitlisted from my 2 apps pending, I shall return!

lol. :)

User avatar
jpenaonline
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:02 pm

Waitlists and Endowments

Postby jpenaonline » Fri May 06, 2011 6:34 pm

I find whispers all over the internet about applicants offering endowments for admission into law school. I've been wait-listed at 3 of the schools I've applied to and I can't handle waiting another application cycle. Is this a legal back door approach to getting off of a wait list? Any information would be great, thanks.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Waitlists and Endowments

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri May 06, 2011 6:37 pm

jpenaonline wrote:I find whispers all over the internet about applicants offering endowments for admission into law school. I've been wait-listed at 3 of the schools I've applied to and I can't handle waiting another application cycle. Is this a legal back door approach to getting off of a wait list? Any information would be great, thanks.

Image

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Waitlists and Endowments

Postby subtle » Fri May 06, 2011 6:49 pm

jpenaonline wrote:I find whispers all over the internet about applicants offering endowments for admission into law school. I've been wait-listed at 3 of the schools I've applied to and I can't handle waiting another application cycle. Is this a legal back door approach to getting off of a wait list? Any information would be great, thanks.



A Dean can tell the admissions committee to admit you, but deans usually reserve that for people who are donating lots and lots of money to the school.

DarkPhantom
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:45 pm

Re: Waitlists and Endowments

Postby DarkPhantom » Fri May 06, 2011 7:16 pm

subtle wrote:
jpenaonline wrote:I find whispers all over the internet about applicants offering endowments for admission into law school. I've been wait-listed at 3 of the schools I've applied to and I can't handle waiting another application cycle. Is this a legal back door approach to getting off of a wait list? Any information would be great, thanks.



A Dean can tell the admissions committee to admit you, but deans usually reserve that for people who are donating lots and lots of money to the school.

like a down payment for the 3 year tuition upfront :lol:

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Waitlists and Endowments

Postby subtle » Fri May 06, 2011 7:32 pm

DarkPhantom wrote:
subtle wrote:
jpenaonline wrote:I find whispers all over the internet about applicants offering endowments for admission into law school. I've been wait-listed at 3 of the schools I've applied to and I can't handle waiting another application cycle. Is this a legal back door approach to getting off of a wait list? Any information would be great, thanks.



A Dean can tell the admissions committee to admit you, but deans usually reserve that for people who are donating lots and lots of money to the school.

like a down payment for the 3 year tuition upfront :lol:


More like a new library.

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby zla2014 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm afraid I will have to leave this thread, as I am no longer worthy. I was accepted off of the waitlist at Illinois. Good luck to all of you riding out numbers of waitlists. There's still hope though. Go visit your 1st choice in person! Showing initiative really works!

User avatar
bigjinjapan
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby bigjinjapan » Sun May 08, 2011 3:15 am

zla2014 wrote:I'm afraid I will have to leave this thread, as I am no longer worthy. I was accepted off of the waitlist at Illinois. Good luck to all of you riding out numbers of waitlists. There's still hope though. Go visit your 1st choice in person! Showing initiative really works!


Happy trails~ Would love to visit a few schools (including my admits...) but airfare from Japan is pricey. I'll have to be satisfied with stuffing inboxes and hoping for the best, I guess.

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby zla2014 » Sun May 08, 2011 10:56 am

bigjinjapan wrote:
zla2014 wrote:I'm afraid I will have to leave this thread, as I am no longer worthy. I was accepted off of the waitlist at Illinois. Good luck to all of you riding out numbers of waitlists. There's still hope though. Go visit your 1st choice in person! Showing initiative really works!


Happy trails~ Would love to visit a few schools (including my admits...) but airfare from Japan is pricey. I'll have to be satisfied with stuffing inboxes and hoping for the best, I guess.


Good luck! Hopefully you end up at the right place for you.

protein
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 am

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby protein » Sun May 08, 2011 9:14 pm

6 WL, 2 rejects

accepted off WL to my number one choice. it was all worth it :D

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby Perch » Sun May 08, 2011 10:07 pm

protein wrote:6 WL, 2 rejects

accepted off WL to my number one choice. it was all worth it :D


Congrats, that has to be an incredible feeling. Hope I get the same eventually :D

User avatar
Lisi
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby Lisi » Mon May 09, 2011 9:09 am

I'm not really in WL hell, but WL was definitely the story of my cycle: 7 applications, 6 WLs (from all over the ranking map), 1 Acceptance. I'm psyched about the place I'm attending (my only acceptance!), and I'm riding only one WL (at this point, mostly for personal reasons).

User avatar
bigjinjapan
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby bigjinjapan » Tue May 17, 2011 1:15 am

Middle of May and it's getting hot in here :twisted:

Still riding 7 of these...

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby risktaker » Tue May 17, 2011 1:38 am

Was on 5 wait lists, got into one, which I withdrew from. Withdrew from another wait list 2 weeks ago. I am currently on 3 wait lists and hoping to get into at least one of them.

User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby IamAskier » Tue May 17, 2011 1:53 am

6 WL out of 12 apps, a meager %50 I know. I really only care about two of them, but according to their last letter, my top choice (at which I'm WLed) has filled out their fall class as of the first deposit. So I'm stuck praying someone changes their mind. The admissions office said when I called that this is the first time in a while they can remember this happening. FML terrible timing.

User avatar
Roxybsr
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby Roxybsr » Tue May 17, 2011 7:52 am

Accepted into 1
WL on 3 which 2 of theses are a top choice
Dinged at 2
Still haven't heard from 2 schools....
Is it just me or are schools being intentionally slow!
Last edited by Roxybsr on Tue May 17, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby RTFM » Tue May 17, 2011 10:23 am

I'm on 4 waitlists that I would give my right arm to get off of... I've said along the lines of, "If admitted, I fully intend to attend" to several of them, which is absolutely the truth--the first one who wants me can have me, and then I will most likely withdraw from the others. Is this kosher?

Beastinthecourtroom
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby Beastinthecourtroom » Tue May 17, 2011 11:32 am

Applied to 9
Accepted to 2
Rejected at 2
Waitlisted at 5

I will probably jump at the first one of the waitlist schools to offer me.

kristyk
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby kristyk » Tue May 17, 2011 11:46 am

Dinged: UPenn, BU

Waitlisted: Minnesota, Wisconsin

Accepted: George Mason, UC Hastings, Case Western, Pittsburgh, Villanova

Put a deposit down at Pittsburgh. Would love to get in off my WL's though...

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby mcweanis » Tue May 17, 2011 1:12 pm

accepted at 4 (penn nyu columbia georgetown)
waitlisted at 4 (chicago berkeley stanford yale)
waitlisted -> accepted at 1 (harvard!)

and that's the one that counted! hold on guys the epic shifting is just beginning

User avatar
j12
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby j12 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:15 pm

mcweanis wrote:accepted at 4 (penn nyu columbia georgetown)
waitlisted at 4 (chicago berkeley stanford yale)
waitlisted -> accepted at 1 (harvard!)

and that's the one that counted! hold on guys the epic shifting is just beginning


Only getting to choose between 3 or the top 6 six schools in the country is the definition of hell.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13547
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby Flips88 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:03 pm

mcweanis wrote:accepted at 4 (penn nyu columbia georgetown)
waitlisted at 4 (chicago berkeley stanford yale)
waitlisted -> accepted at 1 (harvard!)

and that's the one that counted! hold on guys the epic shifting is just beginning

GTFO

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Anybody else getting way too many WL offers? I'm at 6 so far, compared to 2 accepts and 1 rejection. How do you go about sorting through all this 'We like you, but not enough' crap?


mcweanis wrote:accepted at 4 (penn nyu columbia georgetown)
waitlisted at 4 (chicago berkeley stanford yale)
waitlisted -> accepted at 1 (harvard!)

and that's the one that counted! hold on guys the epic shifting is just beginning


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
tooswolle
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:48 am

Re: Waitlist Hell

Postby tooswolle » Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 am

Has anybody in this thread lost hope altogether? Out of all my applications I got 1 rejection, 1 acceptance and 5 waitlists. Seriously; the waitlist process is freaking whack man. Schools should just accept or reject a candidate instead of stringing them along hoping to get in to a good school. Looks like i'll be riding these out and probably working a few more years and eventually going in to an MBA program......




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Baby Gaga, cathy95, Justtrying2help, mike90018, swoonster, tylergreenandgold and 14 guests